Secret Chicken Quest
http://www.thottbot.com/?q=10495

Note: the killing cows thing is a joke.

Anyhow, if you've ever seen people running around making /chicken noises to the chickens at Saldean's farm in Westfall, here's why. Not quite a secret cow level, but hey, they ARE server-side chickens!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Apr 14 2005, 10:23 PM Wrote:http://www.thottbot.com/?q=10495

Anyhow, if you've ever seen people running around making /chicken noises to the chickens at Saldean's farm in Westfall, here's why.  Not quite a secret cow level, but hey, they ARE server-side chickens!

-Bolty
[right][snapback]74007[/snapback][/right]

I just spent half-an-hour of my life clucking at a chicken.

And it didn't even give me a quest.

This is cruel. Very cruel.
Alliance only quest

(You can't get it even if you do have the chicken feed)
Kill cows for faction , hehe

Now I know why I went horde :P
Take care
My priest alt has a prairie chicken. Amazingly enough, someone I know actually found this quest by accident. The mind boggles.

Chris
thereisnocowlevel
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
Savingsupertokyo,Apr 15 2005, 08:11 AM Wrote:thereisnocowlevel
[right][snapback]74056[/snapback][/right]

To access the Secret Cow Level:

1) Put all of your most valuable items on the floor.
2) Press the magic key-combo, Alt-F4.
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Bolty,Apr 15 2005, 03:23 AM Wrote:http://www.thottbot.com/?q=10495

Anyhow, if you've ever seen people running around making /chicken noises to the chickens at Saldean's farm in Westfall, here's why.  Not quite a secret cow level, but hey, they ARE server-side chickens!

-Bolty

Thanks for the tip, now I'm constantly being followed by a chicken. :)
Without counting the time to travel to Westfall it took about 30 seconds to complete.
Is there a vegetarian version of this quest?
Brista,Apr 15 2005, 12:18 PM Wrote:Is there a vegetarian version of this quest?
[right][snapback]74088[/snapback][/right]
As long as you don't eat your chicken... yes.
Brista,Apr 15 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:Is there a vegetarian version of this quest?
[right][snapback]74088[/snapback][/right]

I am almost afraid to ask what you intend to do with that zucchini . . . Amazon. :blink:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Oh great! Being the pet-a-holic that he is, now Lochnar is going to have run around clucking at chickens. He's afraid of them too. They are so huge! I'm wondering if he doesn't already have the chicken though. He's got the mechanical one but I think he also has a live one. Maybe he got it from the AH? Is it BOP?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Apr 15 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:He's got the mechanical one but I think he also has a live one.  Maybe he got it from the AH?  Is it BOP?

Spoiler-ish?

Perhaps you have bought the live chicken in Shimmering Flats?

My gnome warlock collects pets too, she has thus far discovered the following:

- Rabbit: little girl at Ram breeder, Dun Morogh
- cats: Elwynn Forest, near Northshire Abby
- white kitten: Timmy, boy in Stormwind
- Owls: Darnassus
- Parrots: Booty Bay
- Ancona chicken: Magus Tirth, Shimmering Flats

and she is still waiting for the mechanical pets' schematics to drop, as well as other pets that are drops only. Oh, and she is so going to be clucking at chickens now. :lol:

edit: boy, not bot...
- SoulEdge -
"*burp* too many pots, I need to pee..."
Bolty,Apr 14 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:http://www.thottbot.com/?q=10495

-Bolty

Heheh, I actually went and got my Prairie Chicken tonight.

Two of my guildmates wanted to fry him. :(
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Apr 15 2005, 10:30 PM Wrote:Heheh, I actually went and got my Prairie Chicken tonight.

Two of my guildmates wanted to fry him.  :(
[right][snapback]74153[/snapback][/right]

This should be the quest objective for an epic cooking quest.
Incidentally, you don't have to be the one clucking like an idiot to get this quest. :)

I was mailing some items to an alt at the mailbox in Goldshire when a lvl 6 warrior came up to one of the chickens outside the inn and started clucking. I finished up and watched him and of course eventually the chicken did its thing. I clicked on the chicken when it prompted and sure enough, I received the quest! The warrior also happened to have the feed needed to complete the quest, and when the chicken spawned the egg I think I could have gotten it if I was fast enough. But that would have been mean...
I have my prarie chicken and I am horde. As RTM suggested, it is possible to get the egg without being the one clucking. A friend of mine is an alliance puke and clucked at the clicken for me. When the egg appeared, I was able to pick it up, and so now I have a lev 60 Orc Warrior with a pet chicken to stomp on :)
Ravage,Apr 19 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:I have my prarie chicken and I am horde.  As RTM suggested, it is possible to get the egg without being the one clucking.  A friend of mine is an alliance puke and clucked at the clicken for me.  When the egg appeared, I was able to pick it up, and so now I have a lev 60 Orc Warrior with a pet chicken to stomp on :)

Oh, man... I want one so badly now. :) I wonder if I could persuade someone to make an alliance alt on Tichondrius and do this for me. Communication might be a problem, but I guess if we had access to a teamspeak or ventrillo server, we could do it. That would just be awesome.
Neriad is undead right? I thought Undead could understand humans. (Not that I've actually tested this quirk of game design).

Chris
Icebird,Apr 21 2005, 05:25 PM Wrote:Neriad is undead right? I thought Undead could understand humans. (Not that I've actually tested this quirk of game design).

Chris
[right][snapback]74725[/snapback][/right]

They could in Beta. This feature was removed for retail.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla