Problems staying loged in
Occationally, it seems like my browser goofs up a bit and sort of forgets all the logins 8that is, I have forums, here and other places to automatically remember my login or stay loged in or whatever it is called). I always suspected it to be some goof with the cookies. Happened today again, the problems is, no matter what I do, I am always logged out now whenever i Visit LL. Just going to another webpage and then going here again (without quiting the browser) makes me having to log in again. I use Opera 7.23, cookies are set to accept and so on. Anyone have any idea, and is there aproblem with these forums?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Apr 14 2005, 12:45 PM Wrote:Occationally, it seems like my browser goofs up a bit and sort of forgets all the logins 8that is, I have forums, here and other places to automatically remember my login or stay loged in or whatever it is called). I always suspected it to be some goof with the cookies. Happened today again, the problems is, no matter what I do, I am always logged out now whenever i Visit LL. Just going to another webpage and then going here again (without quiting the browser) makes me having to log in again. I use Opera 7.23, cookies are set to accept and so on. Anyone have any idea, and is there aproblem with these forums?
[right][snapback]73974[/snapback][/right]

Try clearing your cookies and then log in again.

Sometimes you can have two or more cookies for the same thing, and they will interfere with eachother. Also, double check when you log in to tell it remember logon info.
Yes, you probably have cookies that aren't playing well with each other. Clearing them all out is your best bet.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I think I might have solved the problem. Seems that the problem on returning to the page was actually a cach problem. I put up a cached version of the first page were I showed not loged in, I noticed that when I clicked on an actual forum side right after and sudenly WAS loged in.

So I guess no problem apart from the browser occationally seems to forget ALL logins on all sites, but that is another thing.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Bolty,Apr 14 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:cookies that aren't playing well with each other  [right][snapback]73994[/snapback][/right]
Is "cookies that play with each other" some sort of technical CS lingo, Bolty?
Since this is the Suggestion Box, here's a suggestion for Jarulf: Grab the new Opera 8.0. It's great. :)
T-hawk,May 1 2005, 02: Wrote:Since this is the Suggestion Box, here's a suggestion for Jarulf: Grab the new Opera 8.0.  It's great. :)
[right][snapback]75870[/snapback][/right]

I don't recall which version of Opera I recently tried (could be a later 7.X) but I did not like it at all. They had changed several interface parts (buttons at top and so on) and I did not like it at all and found it much harder to use. So I downgraded again to the version I use. I recalled having done the same before as well and also gone back. So I am a bit reluctant to go for 8.0. There is not much I really feel not working well in my version either so I don't see a real need for upgrade yet. Thanks for the tip though :)