Creating Macros
I don't know if there has been a "Creating Macros" thread yet, but I have some questions with respect to this topic because I want to create macros for my new Druid.

1.) When you start creating a macro (using the "/macro") command, is there any way that you "record" a sequence of actions (for example via Shift-Klick) in the macro text field?

2.) If you can't do that, where can I find a full list of all WOW macros with good, useful examples?

3.) How would a macro look like that shapeshifts my Druid from Bear to normal (Caster) form, casts 1x Healing and 1x Rejuvenation on her, and then shapeshifts her from normal from back to Bear form?

4.) How would the same macro under 3.) be for the Cat form?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Apr 15 2005, 09:57 AM Wrote:I don't know if there has been a "Creating Macros" thread yet, but I have some questions with respect to this topic because I want to create macros for my new Druid.

1.) When you start creating a macro (using the "/macro") command, is there any way that you "record" a sequence of actions (for example via Shift-Klick) in the macro text field?

2.) If you can't do that, where can I find a full list of all WOW macros with good, useful examples?

3.) How would a macro look like that shapeshifts my Druid from Bear to normal (Caster) form, casts 1x Healing and 1x Rejuvenation on her, and then shapeshifts her from normal from back to Bear form?

[right][snapback]74073[/snapback][/right]

In reference to 3.) and 4.):

To combat 'bots' I assume, a macro can do 1 (one, uno) and only one spellcast or combat action. In addition, there is no 'delay' function, so there is no way in a macro to say "Cast Healing Touch, wait for it to cast, then cast Rejuvination".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

(edit: clarity)
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
nobbie,Apr 15 2005, 12:57 PM Wrote:I don't know if there has been a "Creating Macros" thread yet, but I have some questions with respect to this topic because I want to create macros for my new Druid.

[right][snapback]74073[/snapback][/right]

Gurnsey has pointed out that 3 and 4 are not possible under the anti-botting restrictions in the macro language.

A thread on weapon switch macros

WoW Interface Customization

I have a few useful Druid macros, mainly to switch out weapons and armor when going to and from my feral gear set. Nothing terribly complex, but you could probably do more neat stuff with it. If you do, tell me. :)

Edit: Misspelled "Gurnsey" by spelling it like the bovine breed.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,Apr 15 2005, 10: Wrote:Edit: Misspelled "Gurnsey" by spelling it like the bovine breed.
[right][snapback]74083[/snapback][/right]

Off topic:

Yea, the 'correct' spelling was already in use on my server so I had to go with a modified :) I think he's more of a 'Jersey' color scheme but oh well :P
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
You can copy and paste text into the macro text box by shift-clicking. The UI forum is one of the best sources of information, but it can often be hard to find the precise information you want.

Just a few things I've picked up in different places that might be useful:

Target self
/script TargetUnit("player")

Target party member #1
/script TargetUnit("party1")

Target BobTheTank
/target BobTheTank

Use a pet action
/script CastPetAction(4)

(The number is the slot the skill takes up on the pet bar)

I used the last one on my latest macro - one to cast Devour Magic on myself when I have my Felhunter out. Very useful for duelling mages (instant un-sheep).

There are endless possibilities with macros (although only 18 slots to fit them into). I was thinking of making a macro to whisper the party priest when I'm about to cast Hellfire for example.

Chris
I'll share my favorite macro with you all. If you do any selling via auction-house alt, you will thank me. :)

Macro to read/accept all your mail:
/script GetInboxText(1); TakeInboxItem(1); TakeInboxMoney(1); DeleteInboxItem(1);

Each activation of this mail will accept the attachment (item or cash) of the first mail in your inbox if there is one, and if there is not, it will delete it. By activating this twice for each message you can accept all incoming mail without getting carpal tunnel! Note that for auction house mail, only one activation is required as AH mail deletes itself upon reading.
Xanthix,Apr 15 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:I'll share my favorite macro with you all. If you do any selling via auction-house alt, you will thank me. :)

Macro to read/accept all your mail:
/script GetInboxText(1); TakeInboxItem(1); TakeInboxMoney(1); DeleteInboxItem(1);

Each activation of this mail will accept the attachment (item or cash) of the first mail in your inbox if there is one, and if there is not, it will delete it. By activating this twice for each message you can accept all incoming mail without getting carpal tunnel! Note that for auction house mail, only one activation is required as AH mail deletes itself upon reading.
[right][snapback]74119[/snapback][/right]
Neat macro! Thanks.
Thanks for the great tips, everyone! I can now see the point why WOW macros are limited in functionality because there's indeed potential for "bot" scripts/exploits.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller