Need Your Advice, Will This Work?
Post edited- adversing questionable "investment" scheme.

-Griselda
"I wouldn't click on that link." On any other forum, I would need to say this. On the Lounge, I know it's not necessary :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
I vote no.

What's your guarantee that your email will end up on the list and all 5 aren't fronts for the same guy?

This is unsolicited email (SPAM) and I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw my monitor.

Oh, and I only click on things like that with my computer at work, never my home computer :P

EDIT: And I have gotten this email a few years ago and formed the same opinion then. Also, judging by your join date and the content of your post a forum ban may be in your near future.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
fungtheman,Apr 13 2005, 10:19 AM Wrote:Hey all,  Not sure if anyone has tried this out before, but I got this email on
mailing list advertising.  Looks like it may work, and if it does it can
generate extra income.  Its looks pretty easy.

Let me know what you think? Before I sign up.

[right][snapback]73796[/snapback][/right]

Strike one.

Do not let the door hit you on the arse on your way out. If you are not here to contirbute something worthwhile to the forum, don't come back.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 13 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:Strike one. 

Do not let the door hit you on the arse on your way out.  If you are not here to contirbute something worthwhile to the forum, don't come back.

Occhi
[right][snapback]73851[/snapback][/right]

What the hell?

Don't make me drag out all the other non-worthwhile posts that the regulars make. Give this guy a break already, he only has ONE post, eh?
I have my own signature. Yay.
Zafarium,Apr 13 2005, 05:06 PM Wrote:What the hell?

Don't make me drag out all the other non-worthwhile posts that the regulars make.  Give this guy a break already,  he only has ONE post, eh?
[right][snapback]73859[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, his one post is blatant spam. My judgement says preemptive move is best move. Next time you think to bust my chops, think first. I did not make my post carelessly, it seems you "gut reacted" on the wrong angle.

PM me if you have further issues.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Zafarium,Apr 13 2005, 04:06 PM Wrote:What the hell?

Don't make me drag out all the other non-worthwhile posts that the regulars make.  Give this guy a break already,  he only has ONE post, eh?
[right][snapback]73859[/snapback][/right]

What you probably don't see is that this happens fairly regularly. Most of the ads, pyramid schemes, or whatevers that get posted are from brand new accounts with one post. Most are so obvious that I just delete the thread.

The only difference that I saw with this one is that the poster pretended not to be involved in the scheme. I don't buy it. If you were wondering about some new email you'd received, would you ask some trusted friends about it, or would you seek out a brand new internet forum and post your question there?

The original post was about as genuine as the concern of the email spammers for my penis and breast size.

Thread locked.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete