Stratholme - 4pm - Saturday 4/16
I've posted this in Cat's thread but I want to make sure that the Stormrage folks get a chance to see it. I know we have quite a few folks that need quests in Stratholme. What I'd like to see here what folks are able to make that time and what the group compositions will be. I figure we'll have more than 1 group so we'll organize here to make sure that all parties have what they need for a successful run: healer, tank, DPS and CC.

I've also mentioned that I can spend as much time as needed on this so if you can't make a 4pm Server start you can certainly get into one of the later groups. Post here with what times you can attend. :)
Tal,Apr 13 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:I've also mentioned that I can spend as much time as needed on this so if you can't make a 4pm Server start you can certainly get into one of the later groups. Post here with what times you can attend. :)
[right][snapback]73781[/snapback][/right]

I'm down, any time Saturday is good.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Rogue and a priest wanting in on this love fest.

Abattoir and Grizelle.

;)

The earlier the better.
Tal,Apr 13 2005, 08:27 AM Wrote:I've posted this in Cat's thread but I want to make sure that the Stormrage folks get a chance to see it. I know we have quite a few folks that need quests in Stratholme. What I'd like to see here what folks are able to make that time and what the group compositions will be. I figure we'll have more than 1 group so we'll organize here to make sure that all parties have what they need for a successful run: healer, tank, DPS and CC.

I've also mentioned that I can spend as much time as needed on this so if you can't make a 4pm Server start you can certainly get into one of the later groups. Post here with what times you can attend. :)

I can make it on Saturday any time. We do need to work out whether these are going to be Scarlet Bastion or Baron runs; not everyone is going to be able to put 10 hours into it :P
Hykim's in, any time, any duration. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I just renewed, so I'll be there.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Tal,Apr 13 2005, 06:27 AM Wrote:I've posted this in Cat's thread but I want to make sure that the Stormrage folks get a chance to see it. I know we have quite a few folks that need quests in Stratholme. What I'd like to see here what folks are able to make that time and what the group compositions will be. I figure we'll have more than 1 group so we'll organize here to make sure that all parties have what they need for a successful run: healer, tank, DPS and CC.

Should be able to make it with Taha.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Still not willing to say one way or another.

How about this: If you have an opening on Saturday and I'm on, bug me :) If I'm willing to commit before then I'll be sure to say.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
And I replied in Cat's thread but will reply here as well. It is generally earlier than I get on but I will do my best to get going and be there. A bump of this thread on Friday would be a good reminder. ;) I'm not sure just what quests I have or what I should grab. I'm kind of thinking that I don't so much care about the quests as I do seeing the place for the first time and doing so at a non-zerg pace. Since quests seem to carry little reward for a level cap beyond a little gold and some rep (at least that I can think of - does Penelope's Rose come off a quest there?), I mostly want to do them to clear the log without having to simply abandon them. After all, I promised the NPC that I would do them. What would my word be worth if I let them down? :)

And now, as an aside that needs to be said:
Catlyn,Apr 13 2005, 01:50 PM Wrote:I just renewed[right][snapback]73828[/snapback][/right]
:D :D YAY!! :D :D
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Apr 13 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:A bump of this thread on Friday would be a good reminder.&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; [right][snapback]73853[/snapback][/right]

Consider it bumped. I thus far have 9 folks that seem to be a lock for Saturday. I'm in the process of sorting them into two groups so that each has a very good chance of success.

-Tal
Saturday's episode of ISP suck . . .

So I knew I had to go at 10 p.m., but I didn't figure that was going to be a problem. Unfortunately, my ISP decided it was going to be a problem 3 hours early. I crashed out at about 7. Sommli and Rylea were spinning according to my screen, and I wasn't getting a fast response when I tried to buff. Two seconds after I said I'd reboot, I lost my connection to both WoW and Teamspeak. I tried rebooting my modem and my router, but no avail . . . three green blinky lights, not 5, and I had no net connection.

I called Ab to let him know.

Moral of the story: I'm really sorry, guys. I'm normally much more reliable than that. I haven't had too many problems with my ISP thus far, so in that I guess I've been lucky. Again, my apologies. :( Hopefully there will be another run at some time. I'd really like to see the Scarlet side of Stratholme.

H
Hillary,Apr 17 2005, 02:16 AM Wrote:Saturday's episode of ISP suck . . .

So I knew I had to go at 10 p.m., but I didn't figure that was going to be a problem.&nbsp; Unfortunately, my ISP decided it was going to be a problem 3 hours early. I&nbsp; crashed out at about 7.&nbsp; Sommli and Rylea were spinning according to my screen, and I wasn't getting a fast response when I tried to buff.&nbsp; Two seconds after I said I'd reboot, I lost my connection to both WoW and Teamspeak.&nbsp; I tried rebooting my modem and my router, but no avail . . . three green blinky lights, not 5, and I had no net connection.

I called Ab to let him know.

Moral of the story:&nbsp; I'm really sorry, guys.&nbsp; I'm normally much more reliable than that.&nbsp; I haven't had too many problems with my ISP thus far, so in that I guess I've been lucky.&nbsp; Again, my apologies. :(&nbsp; Hopefully there will be another run at some time.&nbsp; I'd really like to see the Scarlet side of Stratholme.

H
[right][snapback]74210[/snapback][/right]

Y'all were on TS and din't tell me? /cry

And no worries on this end... can't hold your ISP agin' ya, after all. Way I look at it is that I had three hours of fun, no reason to be annoyed it wasn't five. :)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Thanks, M-m-m-My Sharanna.
Thanks, Microletch.
Thanks, Wunder-Warlock (and her amazing friends).
Thanks, Hykim (who is her own amazing friends).

Had a good time... Little stressfull there after we had to fight through the respawn, before we relized the Scarlet didn't repop. Rest was golden. :)

What's next?

(Does Bun-Bun play a Night Elf 'cause of the ears?) :)
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Catlyn,Apr 17 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:(Does Bun-Bun play a Night Elf 'cause of the ears?) :)
[right][snapback]74233[/snapback][/right]

I am so caught.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Catlyn,Apr 17 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:Thanks, Microletch.
;) It was fun and that is high praise considering my feelings on mega-instances.

Catlyn,Apr 17 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:Had a good time... Little stressfull there after we had to fight through the respawn, before we relized the Scarlet didn't repop. Rest was golden. :)
It finally dawned on me why I prefer Lurker parties to pickup groups. Patience! This is seriously lacking in most pickup groups and all raids. Things go wrong. There are no perfect players. Every player has been the one that died and every player has been the one to pull the fight out of certain wipe. Certainly there are true idiots to be found, and they should be ignored swiftly, but most deserve some patience. Thanks to the Strat crew for putting up with the first-timer questions and the deaths when my shield fell too soon or I picked on an elite just a little too big for me. :whistling:

Catlyn,Apr 17 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:What's next?
As I've said, probably far too often, if it's a Lurker party, just give me the when and the where and I'll do my best to be there.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Catlyn,Apr 17 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:What's next?

Recharged - after storming through Jade Empire this weekend - and hopefully my computer will stop fritzing out on me. Post a time and a place :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Catlyn,Apr 17 2005, 11:07 AM Wrote:Thanks, M-m-m-My Sharanna.
Thanks, Microletch.
Thanks, Wunder-Warlock (and her amazing friends).
Thanks, Hykim (who is her own amazing friends).

Had a good time... Little stressfull there after we had to fight through the respawn, before we relized the Scarlet didn't repop. Rest was golden. :)

What's next?

(Does Bun-Bun play a Night Elf 'cause of the ears?) :)

Honestly I don't know what will be next because I'm in the doghouse for being on another extended run. I'm thinking we may have to rearrange our groups because this weekend has proven that a paladin cannot maintank the high end instances in a reasonable amount of time. I simply take damage too fast. I had fun but was very frustrated at feeling decidedly less than "tankish" the entire time.

We'll probably end up raiding Strat Friday night sometime (probably about 9 as I have a dinner to go to earlier) and trying to blast through some of Scholomance Saturday night. Not certain though.
Tal,Apr 18 2005, 08:29 AM Wrote:Honestly I don't know what will be next because I'm in the doghouse for being on another extended run. I'm thinking we may have to rearrange our groups because this weekend has proven that a paladin cannot maintank the high end instances in a reasonable amount of time. I simply take damage too fast. I had fun but was very frustrated at feeling decidedly less than "tankish" the entire time.

We'll probably end up raiding Strat Friday night sometime (probably about 9 as I have a dinner to go to earlier) and trying to blast through some of Scholomance Saturday night. Not certain though.
[right][snapback]74314[/snapback][/right]

Just as an FYI to everyone I should be back on board for most instance running now. My spring frisbee season is essentially over now and my classes end next week. From that point forward I will be around on MWF nights and many weekends. Flyndar will be back and Galreth is nipping at his heels to give us a warrior tank when needed.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Tal,Apr 18 2005, 06:29 AM Wrote:Honestly I don't know what will be next because I'm in the doghouse for being on another extended run. I'm thinking we may have to rearrange our groups because this weekend has proven that a paladin cannot maintank the high end instances in a reasonable amount of time. I simply take damage too fast. I had fun but was very frustrated at feeling decidedly less than "tankish" the entire time.

[right][snapback]74314[/snapback][/right]

Actually, what I would propose at this point is setting up a weekly night for Lurkers to just raid various instances. This will have a two fold effect, first it will start getting everyone into their set gear and getting some nice upgrade items and secondly, and more importantly, experience with the way the instances are setup and the mobs and how they fight. This will make 5 man runs going into the various instances run a lot more smoothly as everyone will know what to expect. It'll turn those 8 and 10 hour 5 man runs into more managable 3 to 4 hour runs because people will know what to expect and have a prepared assault plan with contingency backup plans incase something doesn't go as expected.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Apr 18 2005, 06:44 PM Wrote:Actually, what I would propose at this point is setting up a weekly night for Lurkers to just raid various instances.&nbsp; This will have a two fold effect, first it will start getting everyone into their set gear and getting some nice upgrade items and secondly, and more importantly, experience with the way the instances are setup and the mobs and how they fight.&nbsp; This will make 5 man runs going into the various instances run a lot more smoothly as everyone will know what to expect.&nbsp; It'll turn those 8 and 10 hour 5 man runs into more managable 3 to 4 hour runs because people will know what to expect and have a prepared assault plan with contingency backup plans incase something doesn't go as expected.
[right][snapback]74375[/snapback][/right]

Quoted for emphasis. I've been hoping the Basin would establish regular raiding times, so that we could hop on and help out, but progress has been slow on that front. Since we have enough 60s, we should get started here. My presence may be sporadic over the next two weeks, but after that I'll be free during most weeknights.