Razorfen Kraul question
While making a run through Razorfen Kraul yesterday (shameless product placement there), the Warriors in my party needed to kill a boss named Roogug for a warrior-only quest of theirs. Unfortunatly, we couldn't seem to find a way to get to him! After we cleared as much of the instance as we could find, I looked at the map on Gameamp in an attempt to find him, but that didn't help either. It looks like he is behind a barrier that we couldn't get past and couldn't find our way around.

Anyone have any idea how to get to Roogug?

Thanks!
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Did RFK last night and I don't remember seeing Roogug.
I found this post for you "Take a left at the first fork in Razorfen Kraul instance. Follow that back, then across a vine and back a little farther. Everything is elite in zone."
at http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/mob.html?wmob=6168
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Apr 4 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:"Take a left at the first fork in Razorfen Kraul instance.  Follow that back, then across a vine and back a little farther. Everything is elite in zone."
[right][snapback]72922[/snapback][/right]

Thanks - I didn't think to look at Allakhazam. I guess we didn't go back far enough towards the entrance to find this fork.

The map in this instance is pretty darn useless - too much of it is above or below other bits.
It's actually quite easy. I'm a warrior, and I killed Roogog twice because I didn't have inventory space the first time, but didn't notice that until later.

Take the immediate left fork at the entrance. You'll go over a bramble 'path' overlooking another part of the instance, which leads into a Quillboar camp. The area is somewhat packed (unless you pull well), but the monsters there are of middling difficulty. If your party had no problem with, say, the bats, this should be a walk in the park.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon
Thawwing Light,Apr 4 2005, 01:54 PM Wrote:It's actually quite easy. I'm a warrior, and I killed Roogog twice ...[right][snapback]72951[/snapback][/right]
What level were you at the time?
Let's see, I remember seeing my brother do most of this quest...Roogug is up a vine, DON'T FALL OFF! My brother's friend did this and they wiped.

I think a group of 29-32s could take him with good organization. It's a really nasty fight, from what I saw-there are a lot of quillboars that could add if you're not careful and I believe they'll run in fear. My brother finished it at 30 but he had a 49 druid with him (one of his friends). If you're not doing that this way (which is much more fun) then you just need a balanced group with the largest focus on humanoid (or universal) crowd control.
savaughn,Apr 4 2005, 07:23 PM Wrote:What level were you at the time?
[right][snapback]72961[/snapback][/right]

Somewhere between 30 and 32, and I had a party of the same range. It can be done with a party of 28s, as Roog is a 30 elite.

You want to do this ASAP. Brutal Armor, the quest reward, is something you'll use until plate, guarranteed.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

Eh? 29-32 with good organization?

My level 25 orc warrior took him today. Had a 30 warrior with him--the two of us hit the meeting stone and ended up with two more 25s and another thirty.

It's a level 28 quillboar with a minion. Not exactly The Uber Battle of Doom. And the majority of the enemies leading up to him start at about level 24 and end around 28. (Those are just the ones around the entrance of course--they get stronger after you pass the path to Roogug.)
Bob the Beholder,Apr 8 2005, 03:49 AM Wrote:Eh?  29-32 with good organization? 

My level 25 orc warrior took him today.  Had a 30 warrior with him--the two of us hit the meeting stone and ended up with two more 25s and another thirty. 

It's a level 28 quillboar with a minion.  Not exactly The Uber Battle of Doom.  And the majority of the enemies leading up to him start at about level 24 and end around 28.  (Those are just the ones around the entrance of course--they get stronger after you pass the path to Roogug.)
[right][snapback]73367[/snapback][/right]
I thought he was 30 for some reason. The party still has to be a little careful that nobody gets any adds, as the battle can turn from 5v2 to 5v4 (or more) pretty quickly.

I did Kraul last night, 5-manning up to the part with the bats and then 4-manning the end. The dungeon is, on the whole, a lot easier than my brother and his friend made it look. Of course, they didn't know where Roogug was and cleared the whole thing except his little room...

So, I was wrong. The dungeon, particularly Roogugs area and the part below his vine bridge are insanely easy for a level 30 warrior and Co. And the last boss is a bit of a pushover...1 level 33 with no adds?
Gregorius,Apr 8 2005, 05:21 AM Wrote:...And the last boss is a bit of a pushover...1 level 33 with no adds?
[right][snapback]73371[/snapback][/right]

A level 33 with no adds that uses Chain Lightning and PW: Sheild. Without the right combination of classes, it could be a very difficult battle.

With a Shaman or another class that can dispell the shield, and nobody that's low-level enough to have the chain-lightning cause serious pain, she's a pushover.

She does yell some funny stuff though.
Gurnsey,Apr 8 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:A level 33 with no adds that uses Chain Lightning and PW: Sheild.  Without the right combination of classes, it could be a very difficult battle.

With a Shaman or another class that can dispell the shield, and nobody that's low-level enough to have the chain-lightning cause serious pain, she's a pushover.

She does yell some funny stuff though.
[right][snapback]73380[/snapback][/right]
I love the boss yells. The first boss besides Roogug, I love his "For Aggamagan!" But I don't know if I'll ever like one more than "Heh. Is that all you got?" from Herod in the Monestary.

The party when we entered the instance was two Hunters, a Priest, a Druid, and a Warrior. When we reached the part with the Kraul Bats one of the hunters left. I'm level 27, with about 860 health with the PW:F buff. I also have the inherent +10 nature resistance buff from being an elf. The chain lightning tore me up all right but the frequency with which she used it meant I could counter with just Rejuvenation. The shield didn't even last long enough to be purged, even if we had had a shaman.

The other alliance quests in Kraul are absurdly easy (unless there's one I haven't gotten yet besides Crone of the Kraul). Oh no! We have to fight five boars to get this goblin out of the instance!
Gregorius,Apr 8 2005, 10:28 AM Wrote:The chain lightning tore me up all right but the frequency with which she used it meant I could counter with just Rejuvenation.  The shield didn't even last long enough to be purged, even if we had had a shaman.

Priests can also cast Dispel Magic to get rid of PW:Shield and many other buffs.
Gregorius,Apr 8 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:I love the boss yells.  The first boss besides Roogug, I love his "For Aggamagan!"  But I don't know if I'll ever like one more than "Heh.  Is that all you got?" from Herod in the Monestary.

The party when we entered the instance was two Hunters, a Priest, a Druid, and a Warrior.  When we reached the part with the Kraul Bats one of the hunters left.  I'm level 27, with about 860 health with the PW:F buff.  I also have the inherent +10 nature resistance buff from being an elf.  The chain lightning tore me up all right but the frequency with which she used it meant I could counter with just Rejuvenation.  The shield didn't even last long enough to be purged, even if we had had a shaman.

The other alliance quests in Kraul are absurdly easy (unless there's one I haven't gotten yet besides Crone of the Kraul).  Oh no!  We have to fight five boars to get this goblin out of the instance!
[right][snapback]73394[/snapback][/right]

My all time favorite boss yells have to be from Thermaplugg in Gnomereagan. Nothing beats the confused screams of the wannabe Gnome king, though most won't hear these unless they're a melee class not assigned to bomb duty. I was lucky enough to be the main tank on my second run through, so I got to hear his deranged shouts.