A tale begins...one AOE mage and...?
Cyath,Apr 7 2005, 05:15 AM Wrote:Hmm, Bliz not critting might be a problem...can anyone confirm this? I don't know any high level mages who use Bliz often.

For Blastwave, we are sort of planning to Blast Wave first, Nova, Flamestrike, CoC,  and repeat in some combination, so it should be ok with double of everything. ^_^
[right][snapback]73289[/snapback][/right]

Blizzard does not crit. The developers have also posted to the effect that it will *never* crit and that the fact it currently doesn't is part of the design.
In my experience, 3 warlocks using hellfire makes instancing cake with their AoE. That said, such spellcasting is not easy to coordinate.

Soul link works to mitigate hellfire damage this patch. Useful. Group situation, uninterruptable cast talent for HF/RoF is not so useful. There's either enough AoE for overkill, or not enough and too many enemies.

If there's enough AoE, only one person will have aggro, the rest will be able to AoE freely until the aggro'ed person's 'time to die'. This time to die is enhanced by focused healing, everyone else's aggro, uninterrupatable cast, shield buffs, and soul link.
vor_lord,Apr 6 2005, 02:56 PM Wrote:My fault, I hijacked the thread (apologies to Cyath).
And with reference to said scarab, bonemage:  it was only occupying me -- not sure what happened to the druid and obviously the warrior is of dubious value with two AoEing squishies.

If squishies want to aggro large groups of mobs to AoE them, they shouldn't do so while the healer is in combat, especially if they are going out of the healer's range, no matter the insignificance of the combat  :huh:

Plus you shoulda seen this scarab!  Ok, it was non-elite, but it was a particularly nasty version, I swear  :P  Even with my uber paladin DPS I didn't finish it off before people died.
[right][snapback]73230[/snapback][/right]
Admittedly, the warrior (alert or not) would have been useless. Not sure about the druid. It was likely his fault more than your for no heals as I know you tried but were slowed by the said super scarab. However, the druid doesn't read these forums so I took the opportunity to tease/bait you.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight