Longer maintanence?
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...1&tmp=1#post113 says:
Quote:Starting with tomorrow's (04-05-05) scheduled maintenance we're operating under a new maintenance schedule which will begin at 6AM and end at 12PM PDT. This will allow us the window of time we need to perform the necessary maintenance tasks to our infrastructure as part of our continued efforts in improving realm stability and performance. We realize that this is inconvenient, however we believe that it will result in an overall improvement for our player base.
So basically we now have to wait an additional two hours every tuesday. I suppose its a small price if the servers are more stable because of it. I do wonder though, will they ever get things working right? Sure feels like they do alot of duct taping and not much proper fixing. Hopefully thats just how it feels and they are actually making progress.

Edit: Maintanence should be maintenance, but I can't edit the topic. Its what I get for making topics early in the morning without having slept I guess.
swirly,Apr 5 2005, 12:18 PM Wrote:I suppose its a small price if the servers are more stable because of it. 
[right][snapback]73019[/snapback][/right]

;) Cross your fingers.
lemekim,Apr 5 2005, 09:24 AM Wrote:;)  Cross your fingers.
[right][snapback]73026[/snapback][/right]

My server(s) have been rock solid all week, except the Uldum still has some (only some) of the loot lag it had previously, about once an hour.

--Mav
Think of it this way:

Now when they say they'll be done at 12 (PST), they actually will be. Instead of saying they'll be done at 10 and then having all the servers brought up between 11 and 12.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I don't like the extended maintenance because history has shown us that it seems to make things worse. But, and this is a big but, last Tuesday's maintenance to the Stormrage servers seems to have stabilized the realm. For the first time i can remember, i did not have a single server crash this past Sunday. So, and they always promise too much, if this extended continues to provide/add greater stability i am fine with it. But if this long extended maintenance degrades our performance than i will go back to complaining:)
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
swirly,Apr 5 2005, 06:18 AM Wrote:So basically we now have to wait an additional two hours every tuesday.

An extra two hours? That would be true, if they had ever finished a maintenance completely on schedule. Last week many servers weren't up until Wednesday. If they actually finish by noon PST I will be impressed and surprised. :)
lemekim,Apr 5 2005, 06:24 AM Wrote:;)  Cross your fingers.
[right][snapback]73026[/snapback][/right]
But don't hold your breath. :P
swirly,Apr 5 2005, 08:18 AM Wrote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...1&tmp=1#post113 says:
So basically we now have to wait an additional two hours every tuesday.  I suppose its a small price if the servers are more stable because of it.  I do wonder though, will they ever get things working right?  Sure feels like they do alot of duct taping and not much proper fixing.  Hopefully thats just how it feels and they are actually making progress.

Edit: Maintanence should be maintenance, but I can't edit the topic.  Its what I get for making topics early in the morning without having slept I guess.
[right][snapback]73019[/snapback][/right]
After last week's maintenance I have noticed a huge improvement in stability on Stormrage. It was the first that seems to have made a difference. :) I didn't even get queued at peak time on friday.

So. Think they will give us "hourly updates" this time too? :P
The error occurred on line -1.