Gurnsey's Boring WoW Journal
Hey all,

I've decided to keep a WoW journal. This is mostly for myself, as I enjoy writing and I find that it makes my WoW experience that much more fun when I can take screenshots and write about my adventures afterwards. I make no guaruntees that it will be interesting, topical, or particularly well written, but...

If you feel like giving it a read, here it is. Feel free to make comments if you feel the need! If it shows some interest, I'll post here when I write something read-worthy; if not, I won't!

Gurnsey's WoW Journal
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Gurnsey,Apr 3 2005, 04:55 AM Wrote:Hey all,

I've decided to keep a WoW journal.  This is mostly for myself, as I enjoy writing and I find that it makes my WoW experience that much more fun when I can take screenshots and write about my adventures afterwards.  I make no guaruntees that it will be interesting, topical, or particularly well written, but...

If you feel like giving it a read, here it is.  Feel free to make comments if you feel the need!  If it shows some interest, I'll post here when I write something read-worthy; if not, I won't!

Gurnsey's WoW Journal
[right][snapback]72821[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for letting us know about it. I appreciate reading up on other peoples adventures.

Nice way of organizing the interface too.

Grimjack
Grimjack,Apr 4 2005, 12:36 AM Wrote:Thanks for letting us know about it. I appreciate reading up on other peoples adventures.

Nice way of organizing the interface too.

Grimjack
[right][snapback]72897[/snapback][/right]

Thanks! Feel free to make any suggestions on how to make it easier to read.
Heh, the one about the really big pig made me laugh. That thing is HUGE! A group of 5 of us zerged Razorfen Kraul last night, just to see it for our present and future Horde characters that we had parked at the moment. We were way into 'over level' territory, with: (and this was all from the Moonwell Dancers guild on Uldum)

46 Hunter and spider pet, Guildmaster's dad
38 warrior, tank setup, (me)
35 warrior, axe/shield, 2nd of 3 warriors in the guild (it's hunter-heavy)
36 hunter and spider pet
35 healer, one of a druid/priest husband/wife set, Beast<something> and Magic<something>

We totally destroyed the place, what with the overleveled warriors and the overleveled pets, but it was really fun, just to see the instances, and imagine what it would be like for an appropriately leveled group. We plan to do Shadowfang Keep and Wailing Caverns soon, just to see them. I have a 22 Troll Warrior waiting in the wings to do them for real, but would love to see them first.

The other cool thing is, we're a casual group of mostly adults, and the kids' parents are usually in the guild, or are personal RL friends of kids whose parents are in the guild, if all that made sense. So, it was definitely what you'd call a 'good group', as everyone understood what to do, and how to handle things. Having 2 warriors who understood how to handle aggro, and better yet, how to leverage the pets' growl to our advantage, made this a real cakewalk. (Not to mention the hunters who controlled the pets)

Fun stuff we did: If we got a place that you know you're going to get a 4-pull? Fine, instead of warrior pull, the two hunters close ranks, set traps, and pull, putting pets in after the traps go off. If we get the extras we were afraid of, the 2 warriors grab them till the hunters are done with theirs, and if we don't, we let the pets keep them, and I would flip stances and use execute when appropriate. Of course our priest lurked behind the hunter wall and healed as needed, and we kept alert if she drew aggro, and easily pulled any off of her.

Fun stuff, made easier by overleveling, but, still, a very nice job of interplay by the group, understanding who needed help, and who didn't at any given moment. It was planned beforehand, yes, but it worked very smoothly.

Warrior/Rogue/Druid/2 priests (me and druid/priest set from guild, other 2 were friends of mine) rolled through gnomer like an avalanche 3 days ago, until we got to the part they seed explosives, and we didn't have a plan for it...doh! How we handled the priests was that one was all shadow (by his design), so he supported/damaged, and the other priest healed, I did the big aggro grabs in the main tank job, and the rogue butchered what I was holding, while the druid roved, filling holes, grabbing adds, or helping the rogue finish up. He was bear/cat/balance, depending on what was going on, doing a wonderful 'flex druid' job. I will happily work with these people again! He even off-healed a couple times when we got in trouble, and generally did whatever had to be done.

In their case, tho, I'm sure it's like Treesh talks about doing with GG, they're in the same RL room, so they can communicate with each other to more effectively help the group, and that's exactly what they did. I think our healer stood back and watched the battle and fed verbal instructions to her druid husband, because he was everywhere he needed to be!

Yes, I ramble!
--Mav
Mavfin,Apr 4 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:Yes, I ramble!
[right][snapback]72952[/snapback][/right]

Hey, rambling is good.

I will probably run RFK again with my wife (mostly Cat Druid) and a warrior friend of ours - I think we can handle it with just the three of us in the mid 30's. The only loss that we had in the unorganized group that I posted on was against Overlord Ramtusk and his two guards, mostly due to disorganization. We should have had one warrior tank Ramtusk while the other three killed his guards, and then focused on Ramtusk last. Ah well *raise*.

After that, it's Scarlet Monestary time, if we can find more 'organized people'.