WeaponSwitch macros/mods
So.

After a couple weeks of hunting for various high end one-hand/main-hand weapons, I've secured two maces that I particularly like. Thus, I've decided to dual wield with Mace Specialization.

This provides a more frequent Mace Specialization proc, as well as superior rage generation.

This also means my weapon damage for my main hand will be far less than that of a two-handed weapon's, meaning my Mortal Strikes, Overpowers, and Whirlwinds will do significantly less damage.

I seek to rectify this by using weapon-switch macros and/or mods to address this.

The idea is to dual wield to build rage and do basic damage, and then use a macro'd skill button to swap out my duals for my two-handed weapon when I want to use Overpower, Mortal Strike, or Whirlwind, and then automatically switch them back.

This will combine the best of both worlds (dual-wielding providing fast damage and frequent stuns, and the raw power of two-handed weaponry.) However, I don't know where to start on how to macro these things up, or whether or not a simple mod already does this for me.

Any ideas or links would be appreciated.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Apr 1 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:So.

After a couple weeks of hunting for various high end one-hand/main-hand weapons, I've secured two maces that I particularly like.  Thus, I've decided to dual wield with Mace Specialization.

This provides a more frequent Mace Specialization proc, as well as superior rage generation.

This also means my weapon damage for my main hand will be far less than that of a two-handed weapon's, meaning my Mortal Strikes, Overpowers, and Whirlwinds will do significantly less damage.

I seek to rectify this by using weapon-switch macros and/or mods to address this.

The idea is to dual wield to build rage and do basic damage, and then use a macro'd skill button to swap out my duals for my two-handed weapon when I want to use Overpower, Mortal Strike, or Whirlwind, and then automatically switch them back.

This will combine the best of both worlds (dual-wielding providing fast damage and frequent stuns, and the raw power of two-handed weaponry.)  However, I don't know where to start on how to macro these things up, or whether or not a simple mod already does this for me.

Any ideas or links would be appreciated.
[right][snapback]72729[/snapback][/right]

I've been using the Weapon Quick Swap and UseByName mods from here: http://capnbry.net/wow/

I've tried to do a few that will then cleave or overpower afterwards but with only mild success because of wierd timings with the equiping. So I'm currently using the quick swap on one button then hitting the key for the overpower or whatever by hand as opposed to the macro doing the equip, the skill then the re-equip.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Apr 2 2005, 07:15 AM Wrote:I've been using the Weapon Quick Swap and UseByName mods from here: http://capnbry.net/wow/

I've tried to do a few that will then cleave or overpower afterwards but with only mild success because of wierd timings with the equiping.  So I'm currently using the quick swap on one button then hitting the key for the overpower or whatever by hand as opposed to the macro doing the equip, the skill then the re-equip.
[right][snapback]72732[/snapback][/right]

I use StanceSets from the link above (which needs WeaponQuickSwap to function). Aside from making it possible for you to switch weapons when you switch stances, you can also switch between weapons with the press of a button.

I found it easy to work with, you just bind some keys to the config window and the "switch weapon set" thing and you drag and drop weapons in the slots and then it works like a charm.
I use a homebrew for this stuff, but at some point along the way I transplanted much of the guts of my script with the swapping logic in Jibsy's weapon switch mod. Very good at handling lag conditions. I believe the capnbry mod does the most efficient name lookup, however.

If you've ever coded at all, you can take this mod and add functions such as:

"Force1hShield()" "ForceDualWield()" and "Force2h()" which all work quite nicely placed into macros before shieldbash, MS, overpower, or whatever.

In my experience, you want the macro to equip and do the skill. Do not attempt to revert the weapons to previous state in the same macro. It generally won't work. Better to switch back to default with a hotkey or a seperate macro.
I wonder if there is any code for this purpose that is completely problem free. This macro works most of the time:

/script if( not GetInventoryItemQuality("player",17)) then PickupContainerItem(X,1) PickupInventoryItem(16) UseContainerItem(X,2) else PickupInventoryItem(17) PickupContainerItem(X,2) UseContainerItem(X,1);end

Usage

X = bag#
1,2 = slot#

Example: for a 10 slot bag in (leftmost) position 4

1. Equip 1H weapon & shield
2. Place 2H weapon in bag 4, slot 9
3. Don't put loot items in slot 10!

/cast Bloodrage
/script if( not GetInventoryItemQuality("player",17)) then PickupContainerItem(4,9) PickupInventoryItem(16) UseContainerItem(4,10) else PickupInventoryItem(17) PickupContainerItem(4,10) UseContainerItem(4,9);end

There is enough space left to /cast Rage also. Two problems: the last slot must be kept clear of loot, and, if the switch occurs when a mob hits, one of the items may end up in an arbitrary place in one of the bags.

[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Both the CapnBry and the Jibsy mod get around the main pitfalls of weapon swapping by macro + hardcoded item slots. They have search functions to identify the needed gear by name and equip it from whatever slot it is in.

They also look for some sort of "item lock" event that tells them when the UI will actually allow a weapon to be picked up / placed - getting around potential lag issues that can leave a macro with an item hanging on your cursor (be careful where you click, you could get the "destroy" confirmation).

The "lock" state is more of an issue for dual wield swaps and/or weapon/shield swaps. You can have a macro that works perfectly under low latency that does all sorts of whacky things when some lag turns up.
Isnt it odd that this legal?

You would think something that adds this much utility would be a game feature if it was intended.
In D2 they eventually added in weapon sets because of the high demand for it. I don't know they will ever do this in WoW, especially after Kalgan's comment about warriors weapon swapping to use shield bash being cheesy (I call it necessary, since they won't give us pummel in battle stance). But thusfar with respect to macros and UI mods it seems that Blizz's policy has been that everything is allowed until they specifically say it isn't.
Phoenix,Apr 2 2005, 12:10 AM Wrote:I use StanceSets from the link above (which needs WeaponQuickSwap to function). Aside from making it possible for you to switch weapons when you switch stances, you can also switch between weapons with the press of a button.

I found it easy to work with, you just bind some keys to the config window and the "switch weapon set" thing and you drag and drop weapons in the slots and then it works like a charm.
[right][snapback]72740[/snapback][/right]
I use these two as well. If you only have 2 weapon setups (dual and 2 handed) then StanceSets is very easy and will work perfectly. My complaint with StanceSets is that is doesn't give you a 1 button goes to a specific gear setup if you have more than 2 sets, which you probably will. Artega's idea of dual-wielding to build rage then switch to 2 hander to burn rage is also what I'm planning on doing with my warrior, but I'll have to have 3 gear setups. Dual, 2 handed, 1H + shield (for bashing). WeaponQuickSwap can address this however, it's just a little more difficult. (Hint: you have to TYPE) :-O

I'm very interested in knowing how this works for you Artega. My warrior is level 15 and doesn't dual-wield yet.

Edit: I'm also curious as to what maces you have selected. My warrior will be Flurry specced so mid/slow speed one-handers are my target gear, as really fast weapons lose less time off of an attack than slower weapons.

1.5 speed dagger under rank 5 flurry is 30% faster, making it 1.10 (assuming that 1.05 is rounded up), losing .4 seconds off of a swing.

2.7 speed axe/dagger under rank 5 flurry is also 30% faster, making it a 1.9 second swing, a loss of .8 seconds per swing.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I have a couple questions about the Jibsy mod.

Is it possible to use it within a macro? If so, is it possible to set it up such that it will not swap if certain weapons are already in the correct spots?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to check a certain skill's cooldown, or the global cooldown, to see if it's active?

Basically I'm looking for a way to switch my dagger from my mainhand to my offhand after a successful ambush with one key, but not if the ambush fails due to fickle mob movement.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Jibsy has 2 keybindings that could help:
WeaponSwitch_Switch(1), WeaponSwitch_Switch(2).

In a macro you could always have a line like this:
/script WeaponSwitch_Switch(#);

where # is the number of the set you want to use (1, 2, or 3).

You can get fancier if you want to mod it up yourself.
I currently use The Cruel Hand of Timmy and Timeworn Mace, with Silent Fang when fighting caster variants.

It works relatively well, though I occasionally forget to switch to/from one setup to another in pvp combat.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Apr 6 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:I currently use The Cruel Hand of Timmy and Timeworn Mace, with Silent Fang when fighting caster variants.

It works relatively well, though I occasionally forget to switch to/from one setup to another in pvp combat.
[right][snapback]73211[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the links. That's some very nice gear. The Cruel Hand of Timmy is a cooler name than Mug O' Hurt.
/wipedrool
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight