What are the max stats on green items?
Im curious what are the best random stats on green itens particulally 2 stats items lie "of monkey". Im talking about gear up to 60. Im not sure exactly how item levels plays into it.

The highest I have seen are-

chest 17+17
legs 19+19
belt 14+13
bracer 10+10
ring 9+10
necklace 9+9
shoulders ?

Im assumming chest and legs are on the same table.
It looks like neck ring and bracer may be on the same table.
And maybe belt and shoulders are the same.

Also does anyone know how mob lvl effects item level? And how does item level relate to stats?
I want to say item level is a range around 5 below mob level, but that's just a ballpark figure off the top of my head. Killing level 57 mobs in Silithus today I've seen low-50s items dropping.

Thottbot would be a good place to check, since you can see the reported drops from various mobs.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Apr 1 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:I want to say item level is a range around 5 below mob level, but that's just a ballpark figure off the top of my head.  Killing level 57 mobs in Silithus today I've seen low-50s items dropping.

Thottbot would be a good place to check, since you can see the reported drops from various mobs.
[right][snapback]72707[/snapback][/right]

I seem to recall someone saying that Mob level minus three was the highest possible Item level, and everything I've seen so far has supported that.
After a good deal of shopping on my server and checking out builds on Alakazam. I think these are the caps, I didnt verify everything though. But I never saw any lvl 60 green items(I found several 59s) So its possible a lvl 60 green would be even better.

Chest - 19/19
legs - 19/19
gloves - 13/14
boots - 13/14
belt - 13/14
shoulders - 13/14
ring - 10/10
neck - 10/10
wrist 10/10

Also I have a lv 59 green weapon drop with a 38 dps.

Ghostiger,Apr 4 2005, 08:02 AM Wrote:Also I have a lv 59 green weapon drop with a 38 dps.
[right][snapback]72905[/snapback][/right]

Nice research, but for the weapon DPS isn't enough knowledge. Weapon type (mace/axe/etc, one hand/main hand/two hand), +stats (or whatever else it has), speed and damage range are all needed.

For my main hand I want a dagger of high damage range above everything else - it really helps SS, BS, and Ambush. But at least one of my weapons has to be fast to make poisons worth it.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I got a level 57 green item, from a level 51 mob is ashazara (sp) yesterday. Item level <= Mob Level - 3 does not work.
I could never understand why mobs don't drop equipment equal to their level or at most 2 levels below (Capped at 60 of course). Most mobs drop stuff that's 5 or more levels below them, which sucks when you consider that you probably already have equivalent or better equipment just so you could kill those mobs in the first place.

As for lvl 60 weapons, the one handed versopns have 38.6 dps and have at most 8/8 to 2 stats (or +12 to one stat), and vary in speed depending on the type of the weapon. Two-handed weapons have 50.6 dps, 19/19 or 28 to one stat, and again can vary in speed depending on weapon type. (Granted, so far we have only seen lvl 60 one handed swords and two-handed swords, but in theory the other types should be there as well).
The weapon was a onehand dagger. That would be such an aweful dps on a 2 hander that I just assumed everyone would think it a 1 hander.
lemekim,Apr 4 2005, 09:16 AM Wrote:I could never understand why mobs don't drop equipment equal to their level or at most 2 levels below (Capped at 60 of course). Most mobs drop stuff that's 5 or more levels below them, which sucks when you consider that you probably already have equivalent or better equipment just so you could kill those mobs in the first place.
[right][snapback]72910[/snapback][/right]
I agree. It means you're either stuck with mediocre equipment or forced to twink yourself via the AH. It's a shame you can rarely improve your character over the course of normal solo fighting.
playingtokrush,Apr 4 2005, 11:42 AM Wrote:I agree.&nbsp; It means you're either stuck with mediocre equipment or forced to twink yourself via the AH.&nbsp; It's a shame you can rarely improve your character over the course of normal solo fighting.
[right][snapback]72938[/snapback][/right]
Wow do I disagree. I have never yet felt like I had to buy anything from the AH. Go out of my way to kill the right monsters? Yes. Group with people to get righteous drops from instances? Yes. Twink from the AH? Hardly.

You can outfit yourself solo just fine, in my experience. YMMV.
Well it is a MMORP. Its reasonable that the game is balances with multiplayer in mind. Buying stuff with gold you "earn" yourself is not twinking.

But you can get 60 just fine with what you find yourself, youll just go slower than other players and your be weaker at 60.
savaughn,Apr 4 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:Wow do I disagree.  I have never yet felt like I had to buy anything from the AH.  Go out of my way to kill the right monsters?  Yes.  Group with people to get righteous drops from instances?  Yes.  Twink from the AH?  Hardly.

You can outfit yourself solo just fine, in my experience.  YMMV.
[right][snapback]72962[/snapback][/right]

On one hand you mention getting the items you need from grouping and farming instances. On the other hand you mention that people can outfit themselves solo just fine. Doing instances is not soloing. The previous poster's dilemma still stands - you either have to buy equipment via Auction House (which I suppose is fine, since its more like trading, but it does create a huge moneysink for gear-dependant classes) or you have to do instances, which many people that solo don't have time for (Scarlet Monastery being pretty much the only exception to this rule).

Given some classes' dependancy on gear (warriors, paladins and rogues to some extent), some people might feel higher need for better gear then other classes. A warlock could solo naked almost, while a warrior with subpar gear and a weapon 10 levels below him might not be able to take on even level mobs. Either way, I still don't see a good reason for monsters not dropping higher level loot - it feels like a leftover of Diablo 2 system. Sure, it is not necessary for a mob to drop higher level items, and a person can get by on lower level gear, but why not make them drop higher level gear? Perhaps I am missing some key point here.
As lemekim said, I was referring to soloing. Farming instances isn't soloing.

lemekim,Apr 4 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:Either way, I still don't see a good reason for monsters not dropping higher level loot - it feels like a leftover of Diablo 2 system.[right][snapback]72982[/snapback][/right]
This has always been my impression. The itemization of WoW just screams "Diablo 2," so the whole "mobs drop items a few levels below them" thing is, though disheartening, not much of a surprise.

That said, I guess I don't mind that much that the means for improving your character noticeably by soloing tends to be selling the crappy greens you get from the mobs you grind until you can afford to buy something nice from the AH. It's just kind of sad that I rarely experience the elation of finding a nice item to equip while soloing, and instead I find myself saying "ooh, that will sell nicely."
playingtokrush,Apr 4 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:As lemekim said, I was referring to soloing.&nbsp; Farming instances isn't soloing.
This has always been my impression.&nbsp; The itemization of WoW just screams "Diablo 2," so the whole "mobs drop items a few levels below them" thing is, though disheartening, not much of a surprise.
[right][snapback]72999[/snapback][/right]
So far I've been lucky, and despite my not being flat-out greedy in instances I've been blessed with great equipment on each pass-through. The only instance I've attempted multiple times is the Deadmines. But I have a hard time finding a competent group who isn't in their mid twenties and doesn't want to run it in less than an hour so they can get Cap'n Greenskin (or Smite, or VanCleef's) loot.
Gregorius,Apr 4 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:So far I've been lucky, and despite my not being flat-out greedy in instances I've been blessed with great equipment on each pass-through.&nbsp; The only instance I've attempted multiple times is the Deadmines.&nbsp; But I have a hard time finding a competent group who isn't in their mid twenties and doesn't want to run it in less than an hour so they can get Cap'n Greenskin (or Smite, or VanCleef's) loot.
[right][snapback]73003[/snapback][/right]
I wish I could count on luck, but alas luck has done little for me so far. And without luck/a rewarding game design, it's down to either instance farming or heavy grinding/AH shopping.
lemekim,Apr 4 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:Either way, I still don't see a good reason for monsters not dropping higher level loot - it feels like a leftover of Diablo 2 system. Sure, it is not necessary for a mob to drop higher level items, and a person can get by on lower level gear, but why not make them drop higher level gear? Perhaps I am missing some key point here.
[right][snapback]72982[/snapback][/right]
Mage+Priest+mobs that are lower but drop higher equipment = extremely easy mass farming with no risk. Run around aggroing an entire area, shield the mage, mage AoEs. 30 things dead in 5 secs. Loot. Move to slightly new area. Repeat ad nauseum. In five minutes, you can be full of items to be put up for auction resulting in even higher inflation than we currently have. At least with mobs dropping lower equipment than their levels there's still some risk so it isn't completely ridiculously easy to farm.
Intolerant monkey.
Frankly, AH-ing greens and the odd blue, and tons of cloth, and some leather, has my 38 warrior in good eq just fine. Some from guildies, some from friends, and a few things from the AH. I think Keshi at 38 has 6 blue items on, and the rest green. (weap/shield/chest/legs/boots/1 ring are blue) She's mostly protection-spec, 1h/shield, and can handle singles up to +2 fairly easily, +3s she starts to whiff too much to consistently win. She got attacked by a pack of hyenas (green, 5 of them) yesterday in Desolace, and came out alive, barely, with 5 dead hyenas lying in front of her, so she's not what I would call gimped.

No, she does think 'ooo that would sell nice' on most good drops, but, that's just the way it is. As Treesh pointed out, make the drops better and you start making farming too easy.

--Mav
The drops do not become better per se, merely the level of greens is higher. This would not have any significant impact on economy, because while you are able to farm a little bit higher level greens, the people who would normally buy those items (the very same solo players), would have better access to higher and better level greens, thus making the demand on such items in AH lower, lowering the price, and we are back to square one that the reward vs risk/effort is not high enough. Most of the money in farming is made from selling the blues/epics/raw materials/junk anyway, so combine that with above and you would get no higher incentive to farm.
lemekim,Apr 5 2005, 08:20 AM Wrote:Most of the money in farming is made from selling the blues/epics/raw materials/junk anyway, so combine that with above and you would get no higher incentive to farm.
[right][snapback]73025[/snapback][/right]
You can get blues and purples from just regular critters, not just greens. They don't even have to be named critters. I got nice purple gloves from some monkey in strangelthorn vale yesterday (maybe the day before). We got a purple ring and a blue belt from two normal critters in Wild Shore yesterday as well. It's not just greens that drop in the world. If higher level items could drop from lower level critters and since you can get blues and purples in the world without going into instances, that's going to have one hell of an effect on the economy that isn't going to completely balance out through just supply and demand. And if you made it so you can't get the blues and purples from regular critters, you're completely screwing over the soloers that Blizzard has at least been giving a nod to when making the game.

Edit: Tal has reminded me that I have always been lucky when it comes to drops in Blizzard RPGs (with the exception of the Kill x, collect y quests ;) ). Apparently my finds aren't normal for the outside world and it really wouldn't be time efficient for most people to hunt outside of instances since blues and purples don't drop that frequently in the world.
Intolerant monkey.
All 3 of the blues that I've had drop outside instances were on mobs I was killing to finish a green quest about to go gray if I didn't get it done before I leveled.....

One off a random satyr in Xavian, one from a centaur in the Kolkar Village in Desolace, and one from a harpy in Charred Vale.

That's all of my BOE blues, right there. All others that I've gotten have been BOP drops in instances.

--Mav