Legit Meeting Area
This post will be updated. I'm going to be deleting and editing etc over time.

In the recent months their has been a large decline in the number of legits playing d1. Due to WoW due to Age etc.

Regardless I'm working on organizing as many of the remaining members into one server and one channel.

Right now I'm getting in contact with every d1 forum / legit clan I can find. (Spreading the word as it is)

Meeting location is Diablo East.
Channel Diablo LE

For those who are doubtfull that what we are doing really exists stop in. Nothing I can say will convince you.

Purpose:
1) I'm going to put together a duel ladder. Some of you remember weekly diablo x duel night. Since the founders of X left to play WoW. I'll be organizing.
2) We are few and far between. We need a general meeting place. I will keep this thread updated etc.
3) Its fun B)
4) P.S. By popular demand I"ll be bringing up a teamspeak server this week for testing.

GL and looking forward to meeting up with you.

Alright Current setup is as follows.
All of below should be online and working properly by this sunday
1)Justin is dealing with a bot that monitors online player status.

2)Fetus is hosting the teamspeak server along with a private server for dueling etc when lag issues arise.

3)As part of our organizational process we are using bots donated by a few great friends(Props to them) to set them in every old legit channel we can think of on useast. Pt. to our new location. (I don't know how many times i've gotten online and hit 4-5 different channels before going to game by myself;/)

4)Also for current events we are going to restart some of the old diablo x record keeping systems. The hell/hell 4 man clear record is open onace again! (The old record of 4 minutes 23 seconds was just to scarry). All prev records are being moved to the history section. (We aren't forgetin you crazy characters who completed norm ironmans). solo duo trio and four man are open onace again. :) (Be aware prior rules still apply game must be inspected before/after)

To aid in getting organized. my email is Iruain@yahoo.com

Note* I spoke in length with fennia from euro. He is the primary euro contact @ this time. I'm still trying to hunt down some of the various leaders from asia (Haven't had much luck in that department). As before, want to get involved, email me.

Note*Some of our hardware for bot infostructure is having issues. I pray that it will all be working properly by this sunday.

Clarification: LE is not the clan name we are using in fact I don't plan on even having one. This is a temp meeting place untill we offically move to another channel. This location was chosen due to it being the largest legit clan on east that is active.

P.S. Regardless of what is posted you will alway's be flamed. Something I've come to live with on public forums. Thx for the bumps keeping this @ the top though:) (I'm doing this for the legit community please keep that in mind not for any other reason)

Oh well, I enjoy d1. (I'm still here 6 years later) I'm putting together an *organized community* stop by if that interests you.^^

The In respone to well, responses section:
Scans:
We are scanning incomming players bascially because thats all we can realisticaly do. Right Now no one, but those who help mod/organize this channel have any access to the systems.

Regarding to other clans/channels:
LE is ment to be all inclusive. If your legit your welcome to be here. No exceptions. What we are providing is exactly what it appears to be. The infostructure neccessary to organize and keep track of a large legit community. This isn't clan, it isn't a guild. Call it a coalition. Ex. When having a sat night ironman I want to be able to get in contact via email,bots,clans,leaders with as much of the legit community as possible. Crossing servers.

Bah posting. It's far to formal:)^^
Interesting proposal, but I don't think many here would be terribly interested since:

1) D1 Dueling is somewhat...uninteresting for most

and

2) There already is a "home" here for legit players, since The Lounge does not tolerate non-legit players.

But hey, good luck with the search. It's a fine, if most likely fruitless, endevor.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
I usually game in west but I will be paying you a visit this evening. I am looking forward to gaming with you all. There is no longer a lgt home channel over here and finding real legits is getting to be a pain. See you all soon.

Sys
Antiga,Mar 31 2005, 07:27 PM Wrote:Concern has been expressed over accepting members who are little know to be legit.  This evening I will be assigning an old friend(on his acceptance) to handle all the incomming scans of players.[right][snapback]72617[/snapback][/right]

This is barely even worth your time. Scans can only detect invalid gear, and then only if the cheater has it on his person at the time. The really nasty stuff (code hacks) are completely invisible to a scanner. They always have been, and probably always will be. It'd be fairly easy to add a low-grade punkbuster-like tool into Diablo, but the punkbuster itself would be a hack. *g*
Antiga,Mar 31 2005, 03:27 PM Wrote:In the recent years there has been a large decline in the number of legits playing D1 due to Diablo being an antiquated dinosaur. People tend not to play the same game forever.

Fixed.

Quote:Right now I'm spamming just about every d1 forum / legit clan forum I can find.

You're admitting to spamming up my pretty forum? I guess I can delete your post now.

Quote:Concern has been expressed over accepting members who are little know to be legit.  This evening I will be assigning an old friend(on his acceptance) to handle all the incomming scans of players.

This clences it. I dub your post ridiculous.

-Lem
LemmingofGlory,Apr 1 2005, 11:10 PM Wrote:This clences it. I dub your post ridiculous.
[right][snapback]72727[/snapback][/right]

Clinch!
DeeBye,Apr 1 2005, 11:34 PM Wrote:Clinch!

My way sounds more sphincter-like, which is a favorable mental image I'm going on about banal text.

-Lemmy
LemmingofGlory,Apr 2 2005, 02:26 AM Wrote:blah blah sphincter-like, blah blah mental image blah about anal text.

-Lemmy
[right][snapback]72737[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I see :blink:

Just what are you trying to tell us?
DeeBye,Apr 2 2005, 06:46 AM Wrote:Yes, I see  :blink:

[right][snapback]72738[/snapback][/right]

I dunno sounds like a worthwile endevour to me.
DeeBye,Apr 2 2005, 02:46 AM Wrote:Yes, I see  :blink:

[right][snapback]72738[/snapback][/right]

Quasi-lewd analogies are fun. :w00t:

-Lemmy
I dont agree with all the negitive comments. First of all we play D1 because we like it. It has nothing to do with how old it is or what the latest rage may be. Legits on D1 have conducted business in the same way ever since cheaters began to ruin the game. The author of this thread is attempting to gather the legits for our common purpose. I for one think its a good thing and something that is needed from time to time to keep the cause alive. We use our common sense and passive scans to help us avoid cheaters. It is in no way 100% and there is always a better cheat. Those of us who still play the classic realize this but understand that its part of the territory. All the comments of it being silly or not worth while IMO are unfounded. I wonder how many responses actually come from someone who plays d1?

Systray
Systray,Apr 2 2005, 08:48 PM Wrote:I dont agree with all the negitive comments.  First of all we play D1 because we like it.  It has nothing to do with how old it is or what the latest rage may be.  Legits on D1 have conducted business in the same way ever since cheaters began to ruin the game.  The author of this thread is attempting to gather the legits for our common purpose.  I for one think its a good thing and something that is needed from time to time to keep the cause alive.  We use our common sense and passive scans to help us avoid cheaters.  It is in no way 100% and there is always a better cheat.  Those of us who still play the classic realize this but understand that its part of the territory.  All the comments of it being silly or not worth while IMO are unfounded.  I wonder how many responses actually come from someone who plays d1?
Systray
[right][snapback]72796[/snapback][/right]

Quite a few points in your post to address, despite the complete lack of formatting.

I don't think anyone has criticized your choice of D1 over any other game. However, the author is being criticized for his chosen goal. As Urza pointed out, the LL is a home for legits, as are the channels frequented by LL posters.

My comments about scans are derived from the basic fact that passive scans are a very poor way of detecting cheaters who intend to cheat. You'll catch the clueless ones who just use invalid gear, but the ones who actually went out and sought specific cheats will generally slip right past you. Most people who say they're planning to use scans will use that as their first, last, and only defense before letting the new users into private games. Thus, the remark that it isn't worthwhile is quite well founded.

As for whether any of the respondents play: does it matter? Aside from using it for some basic maintenance, I haven't run Diablo in many months, but I was an avid player once. Most of the others who responded can probably make similar claims. A quick scan through the respondents confirms my supposition: Urza, DeeBye, Lemming are all long time players and afaik are all quite respected in the community.

As an aside, your comment that there is no legit home on west is just plain wrong. :) I maintain a constant presence there, and traffic there is still fairly common.
Systray,Apr 2 2005, 04:48 PM Wrote:I dont agree with all the negitive comments.

I don't agree with you defending a post that's self-admitted spam.

Quote:First of all we play D1 because we like it.  It has nothing to do with how old it is or what the latest rage may be.

I didn't comment on why you play Diablo. I commented on why other people have stopped playing. Next.

Quote:Legits on D1 have conducted business in the same way ever since cheaters began to ruin the game.

Without explanation, this is merely an assumption. I for one have seen many different types of legit communities in my years, and many of them conducted affairs rather differently.

Quote:The author of this thread is attempting to gather the legits for our common purpose.

Whenever somebody starts pulling a "Braveheart" I get ill.

Quote:It is in no way 100% and there is always a better cheat.  Those of us who still play the classic realize this but understand that its part of the territory.  All the comments of it being silly or not worth while IMO are unfounded.

Not at all. Doing what you do, the recruiting in the name of a "cause," is attempting to mass players and sort them out afterwards. There's no way to create a community. If you want a community, you need to create ties between players. Start by making friends, not by running a metal detector over them.

Quote:I wonder how many responses actually come from someone who plays d1?

My rig is a 266mhz dinosaur. What the hell else could I run?

Your idle speculation is completely out of place on this board. This community is a community of some damn fine Diablo gamers, and from years of knowing these folks I know that they know what they're talking about.

-Lem
I think the channel's getting wrong. I've seen lvl 50 characters with NO or ALL dots enter. AFAIK lvl 50 is nigh impossible, so they can easily be cheaters. :angry: Not to mention anyone may goooooogle it. <_<
Good night.

Well there's a lot of cheaters in b.net, that's about as sure as death and taxes.

> I've seen lvl 50 characters with NO or ALL dots enter.

If they reach clvl 50 having all 3 dots is not that unusual. And I have quite a few characters who are dot dodgers. Why the hell would anyone try to perform self trepanning with a big sharp crystal I don't know.

>AFAIK lvl 50 is nigh impossible, so they can easily be cheaters.

It does take some time to reach 50, but not exactly impossible. The hardest monsters to fight seems to be monotony and boredom after clvl 45+. Most cheaters probably are instant 50s, but not all 50s are cheaters.

Ebon,Apr 3 2005, 06:57 AM Wrote:AFAIK lvl 50 is nigh impossible, so they can easily be cheaters.

At least three people who've posted in this thread have clvl 50 characters.

-Lemmy
LemmingofGlory,Apr 3 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:At least three people who've posted in this thread have clvl 50 characters.

-Lemmy
[right][snapback]72852[/snapback][/right]
Well I'm glad they didn't lose their character files. ;)
Good night.
Ebon,Apr 3 2005, 11:00 AM Wrote:Well I'm glad they didn't lose their character files. ;)
[right][snapback]72855[/snapback][/right]

Sat night we had 9 old friends sitting in channel as level 50. :) Was a fun night. Ebon level 50 is easily doable. Keep in mind We've been playing literaly for years. (That aside I've seen level 50 done in a month) *Darkinfected holds that title.
LemmingofGlory,Apr 3 2005, 12:39 PM Wrote:At least three people who've posted in this thread have clvl 50 characters.

-Lemmy
[right][snapback]72852[/snapback][/right]

Of which I am not one :-P Still havent gotten a damn character to clvl 40 to tell the truth. Usually loose interest around 35-38 or so, earlier with arty-mage types.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Ebon,Apr 3 2005, 05:00 PM Wrote:Well I'm glad they didn't lose their character files. ;)
[right][snapback]72855[/snapback][/right]

Character files can never be lost since, unlike D2, D1 characters are saved clientside, not serverside. (True, names can expire, but you can rename expired characters and they'll still be viable on Battle.net, complete with stats and items.)

I know this because I've been sniffing around East with Pirengle(BNM). A level 1 char with 3 dots? Yeah, that's legit all right.

We sound like a bunch of elitist pricks. Well, yeah, we are. But, then again, I know AoM and Hammer and DeeBye and Urza and kp aren't going to question me to death about my legitimacy (or PK me to see if I'm legit--I've had people do that to me). They know how I play, they trust me, (I hope) they like me as a person, and the query "OMG is that obs/zod haxxored?!" never comes up in a game.

Having someone blow through announcing a last bastion of legitimacy will make us be elitist pricks. That's because we are the last bastion of legitimacy, as far as I'm concerned.

:)
UPDATE: Spamblaster.