Underwater Camera
Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble seeing underwater since new patch was installed?

If I dive into water as soon as the camera hits the surface I just get blue. Its like the water is non transparent. This makes it very difficult as I can not see the direction my character is facing so can not turn to surface.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
"When tempest-tossed, embrace Chaos"
- The Book of Counted Sorrows
hexisle,Mar 31 2005, 03:37 AM Wrote:Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble seeing underwater since new patch was installed?

If I dive into water as soon as the camera hits the surface I just get blue.  Its like the water is non transparent.  This makes it very difficult as I can not see the direction my character is facing so can not turn to surface.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
[right][snapback]72567[/snapback][/right]
Others have had this problem. I haven't, but others have. Have you tried turning off full-screen glow? The patch reset the video options to have full-screen glow on by default.
Intolerant monkey.
hexisle,Mar 31 2005, 01:37 AM Wrote:Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble seeing underwater since new patch was installed?
[right][snapback]72567[/snapback][/right]

I don't know how to fix it, but I know what changed - on my machine (Geforce 4 something), underwater is now wavy and blurs in the distance. You can also see out of the water from below now, complete with wavy-distortions from the surface of the water. It looks quite cool! The blur has also been added to the Drunk effect; when you are smashed, you can't see much of anything. On my wife's machine (Mac Mini, whatever integrated graphics it has) the blur and wave are not there, but she doesn't get the full-screen blues either. However, since the latest patch, she has had trouble with textures dissapearing and flashing (things will go grey/white when they lose texture).

I have a feeling that these are related, and I'm not sure if there is any way to turn stuff on and off in the options to get it to go away. The best way to go about it may be to turn everything down all the way, and then bring one thing up to where it was at a time so as to narrow down what option causes the 'blues'.
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]