Paladin's options to pull single targets
I've got my Paladin to 27 now.

My Warrior used to use a gun to pick off monsters from afar one at a time (I solo a lot).

Of course a paladin cannot use guns, and rightly so. But it appears he can't use bows either.

So, what can he do to get a ranged attack option? Can he throw pebbles?

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Arnulf,Mar 31 2005, 09:14 AM Wrote:I've got my Paladin to 27 now.

My Warrior used to use a gun to pick off monsters from afar one at a time (I solo a lot).

Of course a paladin cannot use guns, and rightly so. But it appears he can't use bows either.

-Arnulf
[right][snapback]72564[/snapback][/right]

dynamite from an engineer is one option B)
"When tempest-tossed, embrace Chaos"
- The Book of Counted Sorrows
Arnulf,Mar 31 2005, 03:14 AM Wrote:I've got my Paladin to 27 now.

-Arnulf
Engineering, Holy Shock, and Exorcism (undead only) are your only self-sufficient ranged pulling options -- well, unless you want to count the rare useable ranged item you can get from a quest (the rockets from the apothecary in Goldshire). EZ-Throw dynamite would also work, but it's pretty expensive compared to cheap ammuntion/throwing weapons.
playingtokrush,Mar 31 2005, 07:47 AM Wrote:Engineering, Holy Shock, and Exorcism (undead only) are your only self-sufficient ranged pulling options -- well, unless you want to count the rare useable ranged item you can get from a quest (the rockets from the apothecary in Goldshire).  EZ-Throw dynamite would also work, but it's pretty expensive compared to cheap ammuntion/throwing weapons.
[right][snapback]72573[/snapback][/right]

To add to that list is Linken's Boomerang from Ungoro Crater a mid fifties quest.
Arnulf,Mar 31 2005, 04:14 AM Wrote:I've got my Paladin to 27 now.

-Arnulf
Make friends with a Hunter! :) They would love the tanking, healing.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Tal,Mar 31 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:To add to that list is Linken's Boomerang from Ungoro Crater a mid fifties quest.
[right][snapback]72581[/snapback][/right]
Ahh, yes. The three-minute cooldown isn't too bad for using it as a pulling implement.
I was using http://www.thottbot.com/?i=3836 while soloing.
The ranges is not specified on the item, but it pretty good.

Drops from cold eye basilisks (only) in STV.
There are several trinkets that have a ranged effect, not sure if they share timers. Linken's is probably the best, but unless they lowered it recently, it's on a 3 minute timer. EZ-tho dynamite does not require engineering to use, but may require an engineering friend.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Magicbag,Apr 7 2005, 07:06 AM Wrote:EZ-tho dynamite does not require engineering to use, but may require an engineering friend.
[right][snapback]73297[/snapback][/right]

EZ-tho dynamite is awesome if you have an Engineering friend. It is easy for them to make in large quantities, with easily farmable ingredients. It does very low damage, but that means when it backfires it doesn't hurt you that much. And the best part is, you can throw it anywhere you want, even in town. :)
Arnulf,Mar 31 2005, 01:14 AM Wrote:I've got my Paladin to 27 now.

-Arnulf

Learn to "body-pull". That's a skill that will serve you well.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek