More downtime to compensate for recent downtime
Either this an earlyAprils Fool's joke or just poor timing on Blizzards part but this is what they are going to be doing on Thursday:

"During yesterday’s maintenance, upgrades were made to both the in-game client and to the hardware infrastructure. These changes caused extended downtime for some players.

In addition to providing a one-day time extension for players whose realms underwent extended maintenance, characters on all realms will be receiving a full rest state bonus. In order to apply this rest state bonus to all players, we will need to bring all realms down for approximately three hours, beginning at 3:00 AM PST, Thursday March 31. "

They need to take down the realms for a further 3 hours to apply the rest state.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
I laughed when I saw this, only because I'll be asleep or at class when the realms are down. I don't know how much benefit Ramala will get from the rest state, considering he already has maxed rest state and can't get experience :huh:. Maybe by the time the level cap is raised with expansions I'll have more rest state than normally possible because of the credit :P
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Sword_of_Doom,Mar 30 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:Either this an earlyAprils Fool's joke or just poor timing on Blizzards part but this is what they are going to be doing on Thursday:

"During yesterday’s maintenance, upgrades were made to both the in-game client and to the hardware infrastructure. These changes caused extended downtime for some players.

In addition to providing a one-day time extension for players whose realms underwent extended maintenance, characters on all realms will be receiving a full rest state bonus. In order to apply this rest state bonus to all players, we will need to bring all realms down for approximately three hours, beginning at 3:00 AM PST, Thursday March 31. "
They need to take down the realms for a further 3 hours to apply the rest state.
[right][snapback]72483[/snapback][/right]

Gah. Thursday is my morning off this week. Most likely not able to play again. Yay.
Have they learned nothing?

I think we must assume that they are really bringing the servers down for some followup maintenance, and are just using the excuse of the rest state bonus.
Unless - they are getting servers ready for a really big Aprils fools day.

!!!

That would be cool.