Scariest thing that ever happened to me.
Cars are cool until you get into a wreck >.<. Yesterday I was on my way back from town traveling Highway 60 when it happend to me. I popped over a hill at about 60 MPH and there was this guy just stopped in the middle of the road. Well, I hit the brakes but no good, going downhill at about 60 in a 93 Taurus (my Grand Prix is borked ATM) and the brakes just don't work too good. Well, the brakes lock up for about 30 or so feet so I ease up on them but I'm still not gonna stop in time so I try to swerve to the right and I almost made it. I clipped the guy's rear end and get launched over a bank and I see roof top (I was about eye level with the roof of a building). Well the seat belt saved my a trip through the windshield when the car landed and started bouncing thankfully. I bounced I think 6 times total before coming to a stop. I don't remeber the air bag going off but it apparently happend during the initial impact. Because the air bag had gone off there was that dust floating around and a burning smell in the car. I said "OH #$%&" and try to get out but the drivers side won't open so I come busting out of the passenger side door and ran for about 30 feet or so before I realized I was injured. I almost passed out from the pain . The guys that work there come running over to me and helped me lay down on the tail gate of some guys truck. I had etreme pain in my chest and shoulder and was unable to think clearly nor breath without effort. It took the cops 15 minutes to get there and call the ambulance (the cops have to make the call when they get there in some cases which is very gay IMO). One of the guys starts cussing the cops because it took them so long :P. The paramedics get there and check me out as well as the three people from the car I hit. The others were fine but I needed to visit the hospital. About this time my grandparents show up and come running over to me. I was in a lot of pain but I could tell nothing was broken so I signed the refusal of treatment paper and head to the hospital with my grandparents. I get there and find out that I have internal bruising, strained muscles, and torn muscles in my chest plus a spasmed muscle in my neck. I can walk around okay but if I do anything involving muscles above the waste it is extremely painful. It hurts to even breathe, and coughing brings me to my knees, thank god I don't have to sneeze >.<. I got some Darvocet N-100 for the pain plus some muscle relaxers. I should be okay to start doing more physically active things in about a week, and I have to see an Insurance Adjuster tomorrow. I didn't quite see what happend to either of the cars but I am quite certain that the Taurus is totaled (It's my mom's old car anyway so not too big of a loss as it wasn't really used for anything but a spare). Scariest thing that has ever happened to me, I am glad I was able to walk away.

Please excuse any grammatical mistakes, I am in extreme pain and under the influance of my perscriptions ATM.
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Nomad25055,Mar 30 2005, 11:44 AM Wrote:Cars are cool until you get into a wreck >.<. Yesterday I was on my way back from town traveling Highway 60 when it happend to me. I popped over a hill at about 60 MPH and there was this guy just stopped in the middle of the road. Well, I hit the brakes but no good, going downhill at about 60 in a 93 Taurus (my Grand Prix is borked ATM) and the brakes just don't work too good. Well, the brakes lock up for about 30 or so feet so I ease up on them but I'm still not gonna stop in time so I try to swerve to the right and I almost made it. I clipped the guy's rear end and get launched over a bank and I see roof top (I was about eye level with the roof of a building). Well the seat belt saved my a trip through the windshield when the car landed and started bouncing thankfully. I bounced I think 6 times total before coming to a stop. I don't remeber the air bag going off but it apparently happend during the initial impact. Because the air bag had gone off there was that dust floating around and a burning smell in the car. I said "OH #$%&" and try to get out but the drivers side won't open so I come busting out of the passenger side door and ran for about 30 feet or so before I realized I was injured. I almost passed out from the pain . The guys that work there come running over to me and helped me lay down on the tail gate of some guys truck. I had etreme pain in my chest and shoulder and was unable to think clearly nor breath without effort. It took the cops 15 minutes to get there and call the ambulance (the cops have to make the call when they get there in some cases which is very gay IMO). One of the guys starts cussing the cops because it took them so long :P. The paramedics get there and check me out as well as the three people from the car I hit. The others were fine but I needed to visit the hospital. About this time my grandparents show up and come running over to me. I was in a lot of pain but I could tell nothing was broken so I signed the refusal of treatment paper and head to the hospital with my grandparents. I get there and find out that I have internal bruising, strained muscles, and torn muscles in my chest plus a spasmed muscle in my neck. I can walk around okay but if I do anything involving muscles above the waste it is extremely painful. It hurts to even breathe, and coughing brings me to my knees, thank god I don't have to sneeze >.<. I got some Darvocet N-100 for the pain plus some muscle relaxers. I should be okay to start doing more physically active things in about a week, and I have to see an Insurance Adjuster tomorrow. I didn't quite see what happend to either of the cars but I am quite certain that the Taurus is totaled (It's my mom's old car anyway so not too big of a loss as it wasn't really used for anything but a spare). Scariest thing that has ever happened to me, I am glad I was able to walk away.

Please excuse any grammatical mistakes, I am in extreme pain and under the influance of my perscriptions ATM.
[right][snapback]72454[/snapback][/right]

Thank you, thank you, thank you for wearing your seatbelt. That means you can keep on lurking with us when you get better. :D Sorry about the accident and loss of car. That's always a downer.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Thanks for your concerns. Yea the car being gone is a bummer but it could have been worse. There is no speed limit on this particualr stretch of highway (I never go over 65 though because of safety concerns). Somebody could have came blasting over that hill at 80+. That is a common occurance there :unsure:. And you can easily tell I was wearing my seatbelt, I got one hell of a burn from it, plus it started digging into my shoulder and neck :blink:.
Thank the lord you've made it alive.

The loss of a car is nothing compared to the loss of life!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
My thoughts exactly. I was able to react quickly but not quickly enough I am afraid. Oh well, live and learn. Glad to be able to live and learn :)
Another post saying good thing nothign worse happened.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Did you ever find out why the other vehicle was stopped or if anyone from that vehicle was hurt?

No speed limit? Where is this road located?
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Its a short section of Highway 60 coming from Kevil, KY. to the LaCenter city limits. LaCenter has a 55 MPH limit up to about a half mile from the school where it goes to 35 MPH. Kevil itself has a limit of 40 (mostly because of things like this happening there because of no limit). I was not too far from the LaCenter limits so I was in the process of slowing down (I was doing 65) to take the corner about a quarter mile away from the bottom of the hill (I usually slow to 40 because there is a gas station there before the curve starts). I don't know what condition the car I hit is/was in but I am certain nobody was hurt as nobody left in the ambulance or left the scene. As for the Taurus, there is no way that thing isn't totaled. I talked to the grandparents who were acting as representatives on my part and relaying info for me. They said that there was blue paint all over the front of their car. I have a sneaking suspicion (sp?) that they themselves may have rear ended someone. That would explain why they were stopped in the road with no lights on :huh:. I will figure out more of whats going on tomorrow I hope.