Down Time
This has most likely been posted a bunch of times, but, being a Lurker for only the last few months, I haven't seen it. Or noticed it... I'm oblivious from time to time.

But what do you do when you can't get on the servers at all, or the realms are really unstable? What do you have to fall back on when you really wanted to play WoW? I realize it's not exactly the end of the world but I've known some people to sit at the login screen for hours in hopes that the game would be back up. :blink:

Personally, I either play Playstation (currently playing Suikoden IV) or tear into one of the many series of books I have sitting on my shelf. Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, Gaunt's Ghosts Warhammer 40k novels, Battletech's Twilight of the Clans, as well as the Naruto manga. Recently finished the entirety of the main series of Dragonlance books by Weis and Hickman.

Basically, I'm sleepy and curious, a bad combination.

What do you do?
Unfortunately i am gullible and believe Blizzard's ETA's and spend most of my time staring at the log in screen screaming "Why is thing not working, they said it would....." A day like this is exceptionally frustrating for me because i am an extreme person of routine and believing that Blizzard will keep their ETA's (i know, gullible, gullible, gullible), i sit and wait. That won't happen again, i am extremely dense (every Tuesday is like this but message has finally gotten through) but i think i have learned my lesson and i will actually do RL things on Tueday's now and not wait around for Blizzard. I still have to catch up on Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" and Jordan's "Wheel Of Time" series so thats what i will be doing next Tuesday.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
I read this forum, and a bunch of other forums.
Friend I play WoW with and I played Diablo II.

Problem is, he has instinctual guidance as to just which build is the most horribly uber thing ever (once had a kick assassin that could do 36,000 AoE damage per kick--I'm not entirely sure how), while I just kinda try stuff out and usually fail. So I end up standing behind him going, "That's some good slaughter." Which is fun enough as it is, I guess.

Otherwise, other games, books, sleep, whatever.
Pesmerga,Mar 30 2005, 02:11 AM Wrote:What do you do?
[right][snapback]72391[/snapback][/right]

Well, tonight, since there were only twelve college basketball games of any kind yet to be played this season, I decided to channel-surf and watch four of them, instead of just having one on and paying half-assed attention. ;)

Normally, though, I'd be watching something on TV AND either reading or screwing around doing something on the 'puter. (Normally, I can't just watch TV, no matter what's on... gotta be doing something with my time too.)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Well generally the realms are back up by the time I get home from work. Last night, however, there was a queue of 400 people on every server I tried. This included realms listing as "Low" population. The problem was that I would sit through 10 minutes of queue dancing to not see the 10 minute estimate ever get that much smaller. I finally gave up and went upstairs to read. :)