I need some new "niftyness" for my pc
I don't use the Windows XP shell anymore, I use geoshell. I don't use MSOffice, I use OpenOffice. I don't use AIM, I use GAIM. I don't use IE, I use firefox.

I think you can get the drift. What I am looking for is some sort of plugin or program for my pc that will make windows transluscent kinda like DeadAIM or trillian can do, I believe. My roommate even found one that does it for iTunes. I'm not sure what this is called or if it is even possible. Where would I look for something like this, or does anyone have anything that would do this?
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Mar 29 2005, 05:01 PM Wrote:I don't use the Windows XP shell anymore, I use geoshell. I don't use MSOffice, I use OpenOffice. I don't use AIM, I use GAIM. I don't use IE, I use firefox.

I think you can get the drift.  What I am looking for is some sort of plugin or program for my pc that will make windows transluscent kinda like DeadAIM or trillian can do, I believe. My roommate even found one that does it for iTunes. I'm not sure what this is called or if it is even possible.  Where would I look for something like this, or does anyone have anything that would do this?
[right][snapback]72336[/snapback][/right]

I like to call it Linux. I have also heard it called BSD, Netware, and AIX. :w00t:
WWBBD?
pakman,Mar 29 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:Where would I look for something like this, or does anyone have anything that would do this?
[right][snapback]72336[/snapback][/right]

You are looking for ThemeXP. Under "categories", look at the visual styles.
Yrrek,Mar 29 2005, 10:27 PM Wrote:I like to call it Linux. I have also heard it called BSD, Netware, and AIX.  :w00t:
[right][snapback]72372[/snapback][/right]

I'm not l33t enough to install Lunix :P. I have no idea how to do the whole compile my OS from scratch thing. And frankly, I don't have the time right now to figure it out with school and all <_<
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Mar 30 2005, 01:33 PM Wrote:I'm not l33t enough to install Lunix&nbsp; :P. I have no idea how to do the whole compile my OS from scratch thing. And frankly, I don't have the time right now to figure it out with school and all&nbsp; <_<

I have to agree, Linnerx is worth it only if you have some time to get the ropes. I'm a big advocate of Linux, and think it is great. This summer I was able to delve a bit into it and enjoyed it greatly.

It's funny how much time plays a factor. I'm swamped with work at school as well (currently on a break from yet another paper). I advocate getting mac powerbooks for school, and running linux on home PC's.

But I seem to find myself currently writing on an IBM Thinkpad, running win2k (currently trying out Geoshell thanks to your post).

Sigh.

Time, oh time. :P

Cheers,

Munk
I know quite a while ago at Major Geeks I downloaded a program called Ghost It!, which allwed you to right click on any running window and select the option to make it translucent.

It's an older program, but I had a bit of fun with it when I first stumbled across it.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Apr 1 2005, 11:25 AM Wrote:I know quite a while ago at Major Geeks I downloaded a program called Ghost It!, which allwed you to right click on any running window and select the option to make it translucent.

It's an older program, but I had a bit of fun with it when I first stumbled across it.
[right][snapback]72689[/snapback][/right]

Very interesting program indeed. Not entirely sure if I'll keep it around, but in the meantime its fun to read IM windows while posting on the LL.

Makes for some interesting screen shots at the very least :P

Cheers,

Munk
DeeBye,Mar 29 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:You are looking for ThemeXP.&nbsp; Under "categories", look at the visual styles.
[right][snapback]72373[/snapback][/right]

Very cool stuff there Dee! Been messing around with the different background/theme setups and I've just gotta say: wow.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"