Patch 1.3.1 (2005-03-29)
Quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.3.1 (2005-03-29)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- We have fixed a crash bug that would happen infrequently when
  teleporting.
- We have fixed a UI error that could occur in certain zones.
The first one is pretty clear (as I squeeze the salt water from my robes, again).

I'm not sure about the second one, other than preventing some CTD's perhaps.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Mar 29 2005, 12:17 PM Wrote:The first one is pretty clear (as I squeeze the salt water from my robes, again).

[right][snapback]72287[/snapback][/right]
I knew I should have logged in anyway this morning! Now I'll have to suffer like normal people and download the patch after most of the realms are up and have it take quite a while. Bah!

;)
Intolerant monkey.
It was the quick updater, not the full downloader, so shouldn't be too bad. Took me maybe 20 minutes or so for the full process.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
kandrathe,Mar 29 2005, 07:17 PM Wrote:I'm not sure about the second one, other than preventing some CTD's perhaps.
We've had regular error messages popping up saying "Not enough POI buttons. Add more to the XML." or something to that effect. Seemed to happen mostly in the Barrens.
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net

The patch took about 20 seconds to download, a good 5-8 minutes to patch.
--Mav
Mavfin,Mar 29 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:The patch took about 20 seconds to download, a good 5-8 minutes to patch.
[right][snapback]72303[/snapback][/right]
:D I can't even connect to even start the download. Should have stuck with my regular schedule. No one tries to connect at 9 am central on Tuesday morning so no login server jam. ;) Ah well. I still really can't complain with how quickly and easily I've gotten all the other patches. :whistling:
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 29 2005, 02:19 PM Wrote::D I can't even connect to even start the download.  Should have stuck with my regular schedule.  No one tries to connect at 9 am central on Tuesday morning so no login server jam. ;)  Ah well.  I still really can't complain with how quickly and easily I've gotten all the other patches.  :whistling:
[right][snapback]72305[/snapback][/right]
I received the download rapidly without any problem.

However, I have been absolutely unable to connect.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Mar 29 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:I received the download rapidly without any problem.

However, I have been absolutely unable to connect.
[right][snapback]72306[/snapback][/right]
About a minute after I posted that I was able to get the patch. Who says whining never fixes anything? ;)
Intolerant monkey.
kandrathe,Mar 29 2005, 01:17 PM Wrote:The first one is pretty clear (as I squeeze the salt water from my robes, again).

Does anyone know yet if the interface number has changed for mods, and if so what the new one is? It looks like they tried to set up the numbers to make more sense last patch (1300 for 1.3) so I can guess at 1301 or 1310 but does anyone know for sure?

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,Mar 29 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:Does anyone know yet if the interface number has changed for mods, and if so what the new one is?
[right][snapback]72315[/snapback][/right]

According to the UI-Mod forum, the interface number is the same.
Oops. I'd call this a major bug.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post2246854

Apparently they accidentally disabled the character name check with the patch, meaning you can create characters with already existing names, causing those players not to be able to log in while you are online, and vice versa.
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net
Leshy,Mar 29 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:Oops. I'd call this a major bug.

Apparently they accidentally disabled the character name check with the patch, meaning you can create characters with already existing names, causing those players not to be able to log in while you are online, and vice versa.
[right][snapback]72346[/snapback][/right]

Major whoopsie :shuriken:
--Mav
Leshy,Mar 29 2005, 07:02 PM Wrote:Oops. I'd call this a major bug.

Can you say ugh!

My wife and me been playing for few hours, she plays a NE hunter on bonecrusher, and she is now worried that she lost all her hard work leveling her level 38 hunter.....

Me i play a undead mage called Azella, so far she level 9 and i had a blast leveling her i think the server is called athris not entirely sure of it spelling......

So now comes the sit ,wait and pray they fix the names and dont make us rename them....
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Leshy,Mar 29 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:Oops. I'd call this a major bug.

Well page 6, post 109 of that thread is by Tyren which states:

Tyren Wrote:The realms that are affected by this will be brought down immediately to address this issue.

So it's being fixed but I don't know how it is being fixed yet as I can't get any pages after 7 to load. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Heh, I get to scoop Mongo this time.

&@#$ classes!

Thanks for posting the news!
Was this patch ever on the test server? I'm guessing no.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Mar 29 2005, 09:16 PM Wrote:Was this patch ever on the test server? I'm guessing no.
[right][snapback]72361[/snapback][/right]

Since apparantly some realms aren't affected, I wouldn't blame this on the patch.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
They needed to check this stuff out a little better and work on frequent crashes we keep living with. Come on Blizzard you guys are the coolest, don't keep up the dumb stuff. <_<
I can't get to the OS to see if Tich is one of the afflicted realms, but I just tried to log on and got a queue of 500. :( We haven't had any queues on Tichondrius in quite a while. I hope this gets sorted out in short order, I'm about to hit 60!
Boutros,Mar 29 2005, 07:46 PM Wrote:I can't get to the OS to see if Tich is one of the afflicted realms, but I just tried to log on and got a queue of 500.&nbsp; :(&nbsp; We haven't had any queues on Tichondrius in quite a while. I hope this gets sorted out in short order, I'm about to hit 60!
[right][snapback]72367[/snapback][/right]

Queues of 500 on Doomhammer and Terenas.

Even Terenas!

:angry:

edit:

Waited 10-15 minutes to get in, and game crashed immediately. Guess I'm done for tonight.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much (I played plenty during the days I got two free ones for) but this is pretty obnoxious.