Stormrage - Uldamann goodness
I know that Sabramage (Sabra), Littledude (Ruvanal), Aleri (Treesh), and Gnolack (myself) are ready to go into the instance proper (well I still need some of the rods or gems or whatever from the dwarfs outside the portal but eh). I would like to actually run the instance this week or this weekend. I can not go Wednesday or Thursday becuase I will probably have to work late. That means tonight or Friday night anytime after 7ET. Or anytime at all this weekend. I prefer the weekend but I'm itching to play Gnolack some more too.

Please post if you can make any of those times. If you've got some pre-reqs to do let me know that as well because I will be able to help out with some of them.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Sabra and Ruv have been helping me get ready for Uldaman too. I think I just need to finish up the Heart,Star,Hand quest and I'd be set to go. I probably would have had it completed by now if Stormrage didn't bite the dust last night, but I'll try and get it done today after i get home (Around 6:30 Eastern). So If all goes well, maybe tonight. If not, then this weekend should be a go.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Could someone point me in the direction of a place where I can find what quests relate to Uldaman? I'm at about the right level with Skybreak and she'd definitely be interested in joining you guys. :)
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Mar 29 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:Could someone point me in the direction of a place where I can find what quests relate to Uldaman?  I'm at about the right level with Skybreak and she'd definitely be interested in joining you guys.  :)
[right][snapback]72274[/snapback][/right]

Off the top of my head I know there are a few in IF in the Explorer's League. There is also one in Thelsamarr called Uldaman Reagent Run (look for the flowers :)). I'm pretty certain you also get a few from the Badlands. One up on the hill to the SE of Uldaman and another down in the far south from the crazy man. I haven't actually done the quests in a long time so someone else might be able to fill you in a bit better, but that should give you a start. Note that a few of them are parts of chains so it's not always readily apparent from the first quest...

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
TheDragoon,Mar 29 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:Could someone point me in the direction of a place where I can find what quests relate to Uldaman?  I'm at about the right level with Skybreak and she'd definitely be interested in joining you guys.  :)
[right][snapback]72274[/snapback][/right]

I found explicit directions in "My Big Golden Book of Ruvanal's Brain." thottbot list is far from complete, but the biggies are there. There's a lot of pre-quest involved.

[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Gnollguy,Mar 29 2005, 03:36 PM Wrote:I know that Sabramage (Sabra), Littledude (Ruvanal), Aleri (Treesh), and Gnolack (myself) are ready to go into the instance proper (well I still need some of the rods or gems or whatever from the dwarfs outside the portal but eh).  I would like to actually run the instance this week or this weekend.  I can not go Wednesday or Thursday becuase I will probably have to work late. That means tonight or Friday night anytime after 7ET.  Or anytime at all this weekend. I prefer the weekend but I'm itching to play Gnolack some more too.

Please post if you can make any of those times.  If you've got some pre-reqs to do let me know that as well because I will be able to help out with some of them.
[right][snapback]72249[/snapback][/right]

Bun's Pavis is also ready, and with Skybreak on board, it looks like we are approaching the possibility of two groups! Have we got another healer out there, because let there be no mistake that I've got dibs on Aleri! :P

TIME: I'd vote for this weekend in the morning on Saturday or Sunday. We had a really good and stable run of SM early on a Saturday morning recently. 9 or 10 AM Eastern? Friday night is date night so I wouldn't be able to start till quite late and tonight is just too short notice for me with my goofy family stuff.

Make no mistake though ... I'm in! Lurkers on the go!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Gnollguy,Mar 29 2005, 10:36 AM Wrote:I know that Sabramage (Sabra), Littledude (Ruvanal), Aleri (Treesh), and Gnolack (myself) are ready to go into the instance proper (well I still need some of the rods or gems or whatever from the dwarfs outside the portal but eh).  I would like to actually run the instance this week or this weekend.  I can not go Wednesday or Thursday becuase I will probably have to work late. That means tonight or Friday night anytime after 7ET.  Or anytime at all this weekend. I prefer the weekend but I'm itching to play Gnolack some more too.

Please post if you can make any of those times.  If you've got some pre-reqs to do let me know that as well because I will be able to help out with some of them.

Katrin should be available to main-tank/tour-guide over the weekend, if needed.
mjdoom,Mar 29 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:There is also one in Thelsamarr called Uldaman Reagent Run (look for the flowers :)). [right][snapback]72281[/snapback][/right]

Hmm... not sure if I got that one, I'll have to check later.

Sabra,Mar 29 2005, 02:14 PM Wrote:TIME: I'd vote for this weekend in the morning on Saturday or Sunday. We had a really good and stable run of SM early on a Saturday morning recently. 9 or 10 AM Eastern? Friday night is date night so I wouldn't be able to start till quite late and tonight is just too short notice for me with my goofy family stuff.
[right][snapback]72286[/snapback][/right]

Saturday morning would work for me, sunday morning however would not.

Arethor,Mar 29 2005, 01:00 PM Wrote:Hmm... not sure if I got that one, I'll have to check later.
Saturday morning would work for me, sunday morning however would not.
[right][snapback]72298[/snapback][/right]
Since tonight and Friday is out for Sabra and Sunday is out for you, Saturday would work for me. =) I would like my first time in Uldaman to be with Sabra and Littledude since they took the time (read - forced Gnolack and I ;) ) to get us ready for Uldaman, it's only fair that I go through with them first.

If there isn't another healer around that mark (and depending upon how much Uldaman annoys me ;) ), I could probably do another run with other people sometime after that if we've got enough other people needing it. I tend to prefer the "one and done" method of instances, but I also feel an obligation to heal for people in the guild as well since most of our healers are either 60 or little. Well, heal for guild people besides just GG, Sabra, and Ruvanal. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Gnollguy,Mar 29 2005, 09:36 AM Wrote:I know that Sabramage (Sabra), Littledude (Ruvanal), Aleri (Treesh), and Gnolack (myself) are ready to go into the instance proper (well I still need some of the rods or gems or whatever from the dwarfs outside the portal but eh).  I would like to actually run the instance this week or this weekend.  I can not go Wednesday or Thursday becuase I will probably have to work late. That means tonight or Friday night anytime after 7ET.  Or anytime at all this weekend. I prefer the weekend but I'm itching to play Gnolack some more too.

Based on responses:

What: Uldaman
When: Saturday 2 April 2005 at 10:00am Eastern (server) time.
Who: Gnolack, Aleri, Sabramage, Arethor, and Littledude (?? not a confirm yet but requested by Treesh).

I say Arethor because he like myself and Treesh has been shepparded by Ruv and Sabra so I feel they should get to enjoy the fruits of their labor with him. However if LD can't make it or something else happens we have Skybreak and Katrin ready to fill a spot. I have no problems with a 2nd run if we need to. Though Aleri's presence as a healer seems more appropriate than mine as tank with the other people wanting to go being tanks. I hope we get some more interest and a second group can be formed for those I kinda excluded when setting the group, I had a lot of fun the last time I played in a group with Skybreak and would love to do that again. I don't think I've partied with Katrin yet.

I doubt I will get Taranna up high enough to be a healer in there by this weekend since she still hasn't gotten to Scarlet Monestary levels yet and I keep hearing the call of the horde or Terenas. :)
---
Gnollguy,Mar 29 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:I doubt I will get Taranna up high enough to be a healer in there by this weekend since she still hasn't gotten to Scarlet Monestary levels yet and I keep hearing the call of the horde or Terenas.  :)
[right][snapback]72308[/snapback][/right]

If I went crazy on Galreth I could probably get him into the low 40s by this weekend but I'm not sure how much that would help. Low 40s is not enough to tank the end of the instance so I'd just be some lame dps. In addition a warrior doesn't help with healing :P Of course the other issue is that I won't be around Saturday morning. That said, hopefully some of you like the place enough to go back (and casters can get a few decent drops in there) so that when Galreth is truly ready in another week or so you can come back to help me :D

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Gnollguy,Mar 29 2005, 01:24 PM Wrote:When: Saturday 2 April 2005 at 10:00am Eastern (server) time.

[right][snapback]72308[/snapback][/right]
Oh, and seeing this prompted my memory. After Uldaman is done on Saturday, do not be surprised if I and GG make a quick departure. My folks are travelling down here and will be staying with us that night. So the morning run will still be just fine and we won't bail during Uldaman (my folks visit us at least 5 times a year and the kind of people they are, they won't feel too snubbed if we don't drop everything and just pander to their every whim the second they show up at the door), but I may not be able to stay too much past Uldaman. Just a heads up. :)
Intolerant monkey.
This reply will cover many of the posts reguradless of their threading.

Gnollguy,Mar 29 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:I know that Sabramage (Sabra), Littledude (Ruvanal), Aleri (Treesh), and Gnolack (myself) are ready to go into the instance proper (well I still need some of the rods or gems or whatever from the dwarfs outside the portal but eh).  I would like to actually run the instance this week or this weekend.  I can not go Wednesday or Thursday becuase I will probably have to work late. That means tonight or Friday night anytime after 7ET.  Or anytime at all this weekend. I prefer the weekend but I'm itching to play Gnolack some more too.

Gnolack and Aleri will also need to finish the Ambasador of Evil quest as that chains back into the Uldaman instance. If some others are needing to do some prepwork in the area outside of the instance, that would be a good time to finish collecting the power stones; the fewer people that are doing the full collection on those, the quicker it can be done. In particular, there are not a lot of the dark dwarves inside the instance to get these to drop off of.

As for availability, Littledude should not have any problem with the Saturday morning time. He and Sabramage did get a quick assist from Sharrana to get their mage quest inside done and to complete the Lost Dwarves quest chain. This is not much a problem since most players like to run what is involved with that portion often. One of the drops along the way is highly prized by the cloth wearers, leading to repeat runs to aquire it. http://www.thottbot.com/wow/?i=3770 Please do not post spoilers about what is involved in getting this for those that have not seen it yet.

Also as a note, Taunshu is still in need of completing Tablet of Will quest and the main line quest of the dungeon (starts with the Shattered Necklace drop). So she can be available to do some runs also.

Another note on this is that Littledude is already getting quests available for Zul'Farrak, The Sunken Temple and Maraudon. So getting a move onto these is also desired.

Arethor Wrote:I think I just need to finish up the Heart,Star,Hand quest and I'd be set to go.
That is not really an Uldaman quest. You may still want to get it cleared in the meantime thought to clear out the quest drop items from inventory.

Treesh Wrote:If there isn't another healer around that mark (and depending upon how much Uldaman annoys me wink.gif ), I could probably do another run with other people sometime after that if we've got enough other people needing it. I tend to prefer the "one and done" method of instances, but I also feel an obligation to heal for people in the guild as well since most of our healers are either 60 or little. Well, heal for guild people besides just GG, Sabra, and Ruvanal. wink.gif

This might be the last instance that can be done as a "one run and done" situation. I know that in several of the later instances, the quest lines requiring going into the instance for part, doing some steps outside of the instance and then returning to inside the instance to complete the whole chain. And although Uldaman can as far as I know be done in only one run, with the complexity of some the quest chains, it is not unusual to have characters that go in and find that they cannot complete a quest for various reasons and need to return again. And if the the Tablet of Will quest has not been fixed since I ran it in beta, it will cause problems in that in the beta only one character could complete it per run (tablet would not respawn for the other players).

TheDragoon Wrote:Could someone point me in the direction of a place where I can find what quests relate to Uldaman? I'm at about the right level with Skybreak and she'd definitely be interested in joining you guys. smile.gif
As some have noted, Uldaman really starts the complicated quest chains going into instances. I will try to list the ones that I can remember, but I may still miss some.

Ironforge: The Lost Dwarves. This one is done inside the instance and can be delayed at picking up till just prior to actually going into the instance.

Ironforge: Krom Stoutarm want you to recover his "treasue". This is done in the area outside of the instance.

Ironforge: in the explorers hall there is a quest to go see Ironband in Loch Modan. This in turn leads to doing some quests in the Badlands and then finally with Ironband sending you to the area outside of the instance to collect some urns.

Shimmering Flats: there is a quest series that is not yet complete that starts there and eventually leads to sending the players inside the Uldaman instance to mine Indurium for the purpose of influcing which side will win a race. Since there are still placeholders being used for some of the race stuff there, it unlikely this will see any use till much later.

Thelsamarr: The Reagent Run that mjdoom listed. I have never done this one and thought that it was only for the characters that had some specific level of herbalism to do. Will need to check that. If any can do it, then this involves collecting that can be done outside of the instance.

Badlands: Theldurin the Lost who is down on the southern border of the area gives a quest (Solution to Doom) that is done in the area outside of the instance.

Badlands: Rigglefuzz the goblin near the middle of the badlands area wants you to recover some Power Stones. This is best done in the area outside of the instance as there are very few mobs inside of the instance to get these drops off of.

Badlands: Crumpled Map found on the ground in the higher area of the first dig site south of Uldaman starts this quest chain. It will end up sending you to the area outside of the instance to search for Hammertoe Grez. When you get to the step of returning his amulet, be careful. Only player at a time can hand it in and then it needs to reset (about 10-15 min) before the next player can hand in the amulet. Be prepared for delays at this step. This in turn will chain you back to Ironforge and then you will be sent to Angor Fortress to do An Ambassador of Evil. This in turn will finally lead to the quest to recover The Lost Tablets of Will from inside the instance. Whew!

Uldaman outer area: A random drop from one of the dark dwarves in this area is a Shattered Necklace. This item starts the mail line quest for the Uldaman Dungeon. This will start with your needing to find TdK which is really Talvash del Kissel a gnome in the mystic quarter of Ironforge. He will require 5 bars of silver for one step of this line, so have it ready. He will send you on a quest to inside the instance to go about restoring the necklace to what it was before. This chain eventually leads to having to take on the final boss in the instance for one of the items needed.

There is also a quest that starts at the end of the instance involving some platinum disks....

Hopefully I remembered everything.

edit: fixing a quote tag.
Just dying to see how thottbot quert of "Quest ends in: Instance Uldaman" for "Alliance" stacks up against Ruvanal's treatise.

35 A Sign of Hope
Prospector Ryedol <Explorers' League>
Badlands

40 Amulet of Secrets
Hammertoe Grez
Uldaman

40 The Lost Dwarves
Prospector Stormpike
Ironforge

42 Back to Uldaman
Talvash del Kissel
Ironforge

43 Find the Gems
Remains of a Paladin
Uldaman

I think Ruv wins! (Knew you'd get it done, Ruv.) And I'd like to try to get that quest tonight that Flyn referred to.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
To get Thott to be better about (though not perfect) all the quests you need to go to the Zone list:

http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?z=b

Then grap the Instance you want:

http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?z=82

then use all 4 of the quest links:
In Category Uldaman
Starts in Uldaman
Ends in Uldaman
Involves Killing in Uldaman

Then have the fun of looking at 4 pages and trying to piece it all together. In some cases clicking individual quests to find where the chain started and such.

It still doesn't get everything but there are several that were not in the search that Sabra did.

Allakhazam's Uldaman Quests doesn't look to cover them all either but it is a bit nicer to see what is where. Despite my strong dislike for their advertising methods they still have good information there.
---
Good Lord!

Yes, thanks, GG, that does work better once you sift through all the duplication.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
So ... Who's on for this Saturday morning at 10 AM Eastern? Let's form up.

Ruv, GG, Treesh can I count on you? I know I can, so ...

Who's our 5th?

Meet in Loch Modon at the bird?

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Mar 30 2005, 06:04 AM Wrote:Who's our 5th?
[right][snapback]72419[/snapback][/right]
Arethor.

And meeting by the bird in Thelsamar works for me.
Intolerant monkey.
Ruvanal,Mar 29 2005, 06:42 PM Wrote:And although Uldaman can as far as I know be done in only one run

'course, there's also the small matter of the Artisan Enchanter being in the instance...

But yeah, with proper preparation and a little luck with the Shattered Necklace drop, it's one-and-done.

Quote:And if the the Tablet of Will quest has not been fixed since I ran it in beta, it will cause problems in that in the beta only one character could complete it per run (tablet would not respawn for the other players).

Working properly now -- just don't let two players try to do it at the same time. If they succeed, it gets ugly. ;)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Arethor will be ready to go on saturday as long as he gets his butt out of bed early enough :w00t: Shouldn't be a problem though.