Celebrate Tacky Souvenir Day
I hereby declare the last Wednesday in March (the 30th, this year) to be Tacky Souvenir Day. Walk into school, work, or whatever place you might frequent wearing that bright green and pink "Daytona Beach" shirt. Proudly display that "West Yellowstone, Montana" snow globe on your desk. Put that "Mackinac Island" magnet on your refrigerator - right at eye level. Take all those state-shaped magnets you've collected over the years and assemble them into a map on the side of your RV.

Celebrate the TACKY SOUVENIR! No corporate sponsorship, so you know there's no greedy corporate bastards waiting to profit from your celebration of a dumb holiday. They already did.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Mar 28 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:Celebrate the TACKY SOUVENIR!  No corporate sponsorship, so you know there's no greedy corporate bastards waiting to profit from your celebration of a dumb holiday.  They already did.

If the folks at "South o' the Border" ever hear of this, they'll do everything they can to make it into a corporate backed holiday. I'll have to look around for some of the magnets my wife talked me into buying there when we stopped on our way to Myrtle Beach. Maybe I can get them to stick to my file cabinet in the office.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Magnets? You mean you are going to live forever, too? :lol:
Swiss Mercenary,Mar 29 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:Magnets? You mean you are going to live forever, too?  :lol:

I, ah..., huh? Who in the what now? Sorry, just not receiving you: rephrase and repeat please.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jeunemaitre,Mar 29 2005, 04:15 PM Wrote:If the folks at "South o' the Border" ever hear of this, they'll do everything they can to make it into a corporate backed holiday.  I'll have to look around for some of the magnets my wife talked me into buying there when we stopped on our way to Myrtle Beach.  Maybe I can get them to stick to my file cabinet in the office.
[right][snapback]72327[/snapback][/right]
YAAAAAAH! NEVER mention it to them! Never mention it in any other popular tourist destination, freeway exitville, or truck stop either.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!