Priest Talents
Does Silent Resolve work with shadow skill damage or just holy/disc damage?

Also does Meditation( 5/5 points Allows 15% of your Mana regeneration to continue while casting) mean that you'll regen mana while the casting bar is charging then stop regening when the skill is cast or does the regen continue on to the 5 sec rule.

So if silent resolve worked with shadow spells then Shadow AFfinity and Silent Resolve could stack? Sounds interesting but I think this was mention somewhere that it sucked anyways.

Is Divine spirit worth getting? With the 5 sec rule and all that skill seems really obsolete.

After getting focused casting , it turned out to be pretty worthless in actual combat. On paper it seems nice but in PvE you got your warriors to tank with taunts and mages to aggro with nukes. The only time it may really be usefull is during a PvP fight but there are so many "disrupter spells" like shaman ice balls / counterspell / and silence that its virtually useless.

Also I was thinking about a CRIT priest, a priest that focus on only using flash heals with a lot of percent to crit with spells. By doing this a lot of int / stam will be sacraficed and spirit would be even more worthless. Im pretty sure this has been discussed somewhere to so I apologized but seemed interesting.

I love my priest
<3 dwarven priest! :shuriken:
This should really be moved to Strategy. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Mar 28 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:This should really be moved to Strategy.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]72133[/snapback][/right]

Good point which I missed using the View New Posts option. Thanks!

P.S. Moved. ;)
revi,Mar 27 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Does Silent Resolve work with shadow skill damage or just holy/disc damage?
It should work with all damage, and stack with Shadow Affinity. However there are probably better talents to invest in for grouping (people will be upset if you nuke instead of heal), and for soloing you will have all the threat anyway.

revi,Mar 27 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Also does Meditation( 5/5 points Allows 15% of your Mana regeneration to continue while casting) mean that you'll regen mana while the casting bar is charging then stop&nbsp; regening when the skill is cast or does the regen continue on to the 5 sec rule.
With Meditation, you'll regen mana at 15% all the time you are not regening at 100%. In other words, 15% of your regen will completely ignore the 5-second rule.

revi,Mar 27 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Is Divine spirit worth getting? With the 5 sec rule and all that skill seems really obsolete.
The general concensus is that Meditation and Divine Spirit are so-so, because spirit is so weak right now. Priests tend to cast a lot and 15% of your regen, even with high spirit, is just a trickle of mana even in long fights. However it's better than nothing, and on a big raid using DS on everyone is nice.

revi,Mar 27 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:After getting focused casting , it turned out to be pretty worthless in actual combat. On paper it seems nice but in PvE you got your warriors to tank with taunts and mages to aggro with nukes. The only time it may really be usefull is during a PvP fight but there are so many "disrupter spells" like shaman ice balls / counterspell / and silence that its virtually useless.
This is in sync with the general opinion of those talents.

revi,Mar 27 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Also I was thinking about a CRIT priest, a priest that focus on only using flash heals with a lot of percent to crit with spells. By doing this a lot of int / stam will be sacraficed and spirit would be even more worthless. Im pretty sure this has been discussed somewhere to so I apologized but seemed interesting.
Holy Spec is good for +crits, but there are few other ways to improve your spell crit rate. No one really knows the formula for INT increasing crit rate unfortunately. Also, completely relying on crit heals is probably a bad idea. The Inspiration talent is cool (+armor on crit heals), but really only useful on main tanks.
I don't know for sure, but I can't see why Silent Resolve wouldn't apply to shadow spells as well. I don't really see a big point in threat reduction for a shadow priest. Spending 10 talent points in reducing threat would just gimp their ability to get combat/utility talents. Thread reduction is pointless when soloing, and in instance situations, a shadow priest generally ends up defaulting to healer status anyway.

Meditation just means whenever your priest would be afflicted by the 5-second rule, he/she will be regenerating mana at 15% of the full, non-casting rate. You'll always be regenerating mana, either 100% or 15%, depending on whether or not you've cast a spell recently.

The spirit bonus of Divine Spirit is pretty pitiful, but if you have 30 points in Discipline and your build doesn't call for a 21 point talent in another tree, one extra point in Discipline really isn't going to hurt.
Xanthix,Mar 28 2005, 12:13 PM Wrote:It should work with all damage, and stack with Shadow Affinity. However there are probably better talents to invest in for grouping (people will be upset if you nuke instead of heal), and for soloing you will have all the threat anyway.

One possible reason to consider Silent Resolve over Unbreakable Will (which doesn't very useful either) is for duoing. I am probably going to try a tri-spec build for a while, and will probably include Silent Resolve for duoing which I hope to do a fair amount of.

As far as group play, it does seem pointless to reduce threat on skills you won't be using in a group.
revi,Mar 27 2005, 09:56 PM Wrote:So if silent resolve worked with shadow spells then Shadow AFfinity and Silent Resolve could stack? Sounds interesting but I think this was mention somewhere that it sucked anyways.

If you're shadow spec'd, you might as well spend two points on Improved Fade and take care of 90% of your aggro problems that way.

Quote:Is Divine spirit worth getting? With the 5 sec rule and all that skill seems really obsolete.

It's less useful than it should be, but as mentioned above, in large raids, where you can cast it on many people, it becomes more powerful. What's more, in places like the Molten Core, where boss fights can last 10-20 minutes, spirit starts to matter a lot.
MongoJerry,Mar 28 2005, 01:55 PM Wrote:If you're shadow spec'd, you might as well spend two points on Improved Fade and take care of 90% of your aggro problems that way.
It's less useful than it should be, but as mentioned above, in large raids, where you can cast it on many people, it becomes more powerful.&nbsp; What's more, in places like the Molten Core, where boss fights can last 10-20 minutes, spirit starts to matter a lot.
[right][snapback]72177[/snapback][/right]

Also, blue posts claim that they are looking at ways to make spirit more attractive, especially for priests.
# Force of Will - 1/5 point
Increases your spell damage by 1% and the critical strike chance of your offensive spells by 1%.

work with shadow spells?
revi,Apr 2 2005, 03:57 AM Wrote:# Force of Will - 1/5 point
Increases your spell damage by 1% and the critical strike chance of your offensive spells by 1%.

work with shadow spells?
[right][snapback]72748[/snapback][/right]
Yep.