Flagship Studios Announces Hellgate: London
SoulEdge,Apr 14 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:More like pigeons.  :P
[right][snapback]73982[/snapback][/right]

OK, rats with wings.
whyBish,Apr 15 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:Is that the military philosophy?  :P
[right][snapback]74132[/snapback][/right]

Nay, it is the Variant Scum™ philosophy. :blink:
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Aello,Apr 17 2005, 08:18 AM Wrote:OK, rats with wings.
[right][snapback]74213[/snapback][/right]

Isn't that geting close to bats then? Bats (and rats) seems appropriate but we are looking for the non appropriate here. :)

Pigeons certainly fits better than chicken as long as they are server side. Imagine trying to avoid being hit by that pigeon goo when they fly over you. Imagine the fun players will have herding them out of London as well (I suppose to the graveyard would be too simple since they must be everywere).
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Pigeons are often referred to as rats with wings :)

But pigeons would be very difficult to herd, unless the players can fly. Can they fly?
Im looking forward to this game more than anything else on the horizon.

Im hoping its a charcter building game like D2 where skills and item combos make for a large variety of builds and play styles with in a class.
It makes a game harder to balance I am sure, but its more fun than the relativly narrow build choices in a game like WoW.
Aello,Apr 19 2005, 12:11 AM Wrote:Pigeons are often referred to as rats with wings :)

But pigeons would be very difficult to herd, unless the players can fly.  Can they fly?
[right][snapback]74373[/snapback][/right]

Yes, pigeons can fly!!!

I assume rats with wings can fly too, not sure you can herd them though! Players are easy to herd though.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
shameless link

preview on ign:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/607/607334p1.html

Aello,Apr 26 2005, 09:00 PM Wrote:shameless link

preview on ign:

[right][snapback]75331[/snapback][/right]

From the article:
Quote:Weapons and skills are being designed to be both satisfying in single player and cooperative modes, and although PvP is something that's still being considered, it's not likely to play any kind of major role, due to weapons balancing issues.

I like this a lot. Balancing stuff for both PvM and PvP is an impossible task, so just focus on the PvM. This is going to piss off PvP fans, but fortunately I am not one of them.

The screenshots look pretty good, but wish they showed some of the UI and skill/character/item screens. Right now it looks like a standard 3D shooter.
heh. the ui art is pretty placeholder right now, so they've been taking screenshots without it.

Well, they're talking about Single Player, so all the data would be stored on the client. Just think about all that juicy info. ;)
Less QQ more Pew Pew
I think WoW is amazingly balanced for PvE and PvP. Unforunately the PvP balance was squandered.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Quote:Well, they're talking about Single Player, so all the data would be stored on the client. Just think about all that juicy info.

Map Hack: The Other Ladder Race™

I do think they'd better post at least one screenshot with character stats or anything else RPGish, even if it's a placeholder. Just write 'placeholder gfx' all over it in paint. :) ['best skill ever' anyone?]

The more people who think it's just Doom 4 and stop reading about it, the less people will be watching the game when it does turn out to be a RPG.
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Aello,Apr 27 2005, 02:00 AM Wrote:shameless link

preview on ign:

[right][snapback]75331[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, so were ARE those mysterious winged rats? Could not find them on any picture? Perhaps that means it is single player pictures we are seeing :P
Jarulf,Apr 28 2005, 12:13 PM Wrote:Hmm, so were ARE those mysterious winged rats? Could not find them on any picture? Perhaps that means it is single player pictures we are seeing&nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]75523[/snapback][/right]

rofl :lol:

it's still early, flying rats aren't scheduled to come in until later!
Aello,Apr 28 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:rofl&nbsp; :lol:

it's still early, flying rats aren't scheduled to come in until later!
[right][snapback]75550[/snapback][/right]

Of course, migrating flying rats!!!! Or are you sugesting they hibernate?