Vonage
Has anyone here tried Vonage and their digital phone service?

Vonage

$24.99/month and you get unlimited calling to US and Canada, all you need is a broadband connection. You get a ton of other cool features, for instance, take your number with you on vacation.

Seems like a good deal, and I know the theory behind it, but, has anyone actually used it to know what the service is like? Also, customer service, how is it? Good, bad, India?

Thanks all!

WWBBD?
Yrrek,Mar 23 2005, 02:00 PM Wrote:Has anyone here tried Vonage and their digital phone service?

Vonage

$24.99/month and you get unlimited calling to US and Canada, all you need is a broadband connection. You get a ton of other cool features, for instance, take your number with you on vacation.

Seems like a good deal, and I know the theory behind it, but, has anyone actually used it to know what the service is like? Also, customer service, how is it? Good, bad, India?

Thanks all!
[right][snapback]71680[/snapback][/right]

I had a VOIP set up when I was at an HQ over in the MidEast. Worked like a phone, but would crash now and again like a computer when something went squirrely network side. Not sure if the operational anomalies, 50Hz-220V power, and the security/encryption issues we had were significant contributors.

Not sure how susceptible such a service would be to viruses, intrusion, or tapping by clever IT folks.

As a phone service, it worked. Clear TRX/RX.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 23 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:I had a VOIP set up when I was at an HQ over in the MidEast.  Worked like a phone, but would crash now and again like a computer when something went squirrely network side.  Not sure if the operational anomalies, 50Hz-220V power, and the security/encryption issues we had were significant contributors.

Not sure how susceptible such a service would be to viruses, intrusion, or tapping by clever IT folks.

As a phone service, it worked.  Clear TRX/RX. 

Occhi
[right][snapback]71685[/snapback][/right]

Hm, thank you!
WWBBD?