Big Problems Here
Since I wrote this my husband has told me that he will be working from home today and will get these problems resolved. Mods/Admins, please feel free to delete this post.

I seem to be seriously screwed, probably due to my own actions post-patch. I need advice and I doubt it will be forthcoming from Blizz in a timely fashion, so I'm turning to you.

Last night I patched and in the midst of patching, I got an error message that said something close to "Lost connection with tracker." I clicked okay and the patch continued. I clicked okay for the functions that deleted outdated UI features when I first logged on.

Couldn't access Stormrage, so I went to Terenas and tried out the new interface. Seemed okay but there were some features from Cosmos that I missed, such as this one particularly nice little feature that allowed the loot box to show up right under your pointer instead of in the upper left corner of the screen. (I have carpal tunnel so anything the eliminates hand movement is vastly appreciated.) I also noted at that time that my mapnotes were gone. When I hit ESC to access the user interfaces, there was no button for Cosmos at all, nor was there that little icon for Cosmos next to the minimap.

I decided to update Cosmos and start using it again instead of/in addition to the new interface. It's been my experience that you can't update Cosmos for a few hours right after a patch, so I ate dinner and went to the gym. Came home and did the update and that's when all hell broke loose. Once I'd logged in my every action was greeted with a series of bright red error boxes stating that this that or the other string could not execute because its value was nil.

All of these error messages appeared to be coming from the addons, so I logged and looked at the addons. Some were enabled, some weren't, but I didn't make a note of which ones were/were not. I enabled all of them and noted they all registered as out of date. I selected the function that allows you to use them anyway and re-renterd the game. It froze, and the error message basically said that it coudn't determine where the heck in the world I was.

I restarted the computer, managed to get to the login screen and disabled all the addons. Then I just got one big red error box after the next, accompanied by a complete inability to utiize the new Blizz interface. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the side bars to show, nor the bottom bar on the right hand side.

I was advised by a guild member to delete all the addons from my WoW interface directory, and I did that, but the problem persists. So now fundamentally I'm without any functional UI, I have no addons and my screen is constanly full of error messages.

What should I do to rectify this situation? Where do I start? Should I just uninstall Cosmos, delete the patch and begin again? Should I reinstall the game entirely for a fresh start?

Please, please, please enthrall me with your acumen, because I just have no idea what to do and the game is ntirely unplayable for me at this time. Presume you're talking to a 3rd grader here and give me step by step direction if you can.

All input much appreciated.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
If you get stuck , I would consider reinstalling WoW , and just Downloading any additional add-ons you need to go with the new UI . Hope you get it all sorted .

Not sure if you can just run addons with the new UI alone . I'll have to read some forums on this and see , find out soon I hope .

Take care
Take care
Sabra,Mar 23 2005, 07:14 AM Wrote:I was advised by a guild member to delete all the addons from my WoW interface directory, and I did that, but the problem persists. So now fundamentally I'm without any functional UI, I have no addons and my screen is constanly full of error messages.
[right][snapback]71624[/snapback][/right]

Did you delete all addons, or your entire Interface directory? The FrameXML folder in Interface is extremely important to clean out after a patch, that actually causes more errors than AddOns.

Cosmos is also notorious for having problems with updates, as they are trying to reduce the FrameXML files to zero. If you want to use Cosmos, the best thing to do is move your Interface folder (I rename mine to InterfaceBackup), then install the latest Cosmos Alpha (no Release version for this patch yet).

After a fresh install, Cosmos should have (Grabbed that from a WoW UI Folder post):
Quote:Interface\AddOns: 57 Folders
Interface\FrameXML: 1 File (ActionButton.lua)
Interface\DisabledAddOns: 6 Folders (slated for updates)

If it doesn't, something's probably gone wrong.

One more thing from the post:
Quote:Reports say CombatCaller is not working at the moment. Other addons also have outdated .toc files like tacklebox and totemstomper. Please give the developers some time to work on these few addons.

PopNUI is causing some problems, disable this from the Addons menu at the character selection screen.

Post was here for reference
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Sabra,Mar 23 2005, 06:14 AM Wrote:Since I wrote this my husband has told me that he will be working from home today and will get these problems resolved. Mods/Admins, please feel free to delete this post.
[right][snapback]71624[/snapback][/right]
I send you luck that he will be able to get everything fixed and you'll be back in game for massive slaughter soon. Unfortunately, I don't really have any tips for you; just warm regards. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Thank you all for your kind responses. I've spoken with Mr. Sabra who assures me that all will be well when I get home. I guess he took Sabra for a spin after a repactch and a fresh download of the Cosmos Alpha Zip file and all worked well. I pray he didn't leave her in the bottom of Theramore Harbor, as he is not particularly fond of my gaming addiction. He did say that riding the horse was pretty cool though.

He did say that the loot box is still appearing in the upper left corner of the screen and not under the pointer, as it had in the past. Can anyone tell me if there's a UI mod that could fix that?

My mapnotes, it seems, are gone. :(
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
QuickLoot is what you're looking for. Check that link for some info on QuickLoot and some other mods that Telo has made. Direct download of Quickloot is here.
Sabra,Mar 23 2005, 07:43 PM Wrote:He did say that the loot box is still appearing in the upper left corner of the screen and not under the pointer, as it had in the past. Can anyone tell me if there's a UI mod that could fix that?

My mapnotes, it seems, are gone.  :(
[right][snapback]71676[/snapback][/right]

Hi Sabra,

Try Quick Loot v1.2.4 (1300) available here : CT Mods this works great for me and is most likely the exact same mod Cosmos used before.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Flash
<span style="color:red">Absolute Power!!!!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--> - Jafar

<span style="color:green">Terenas
60 Gorohnt Orc Warlock - Herb / Alchemy (Main)
54 RawkPaine Orc Shaman - Mining / Jewelcrafting
54 Galahnt Orc Hunter - Mining / Engineer (Goblin)
42 Garahnt Tauren Shaman - Skinning / Leatherworking
36 Gholoko Tauren Druid - Enchanting/ Mining
33 Gharawk Troll Rogue - Mining / Engineer
20 MaxPaine Orc Warrior - Mine / Smith