Why I Love the Internet!
http://www.lemonwire.cjb.net/

Last straw here. I have got to research how to stop hotlinkers and will implement it as soon as I figure out how, so by the time you see this it might be blocked.

Also, please don't send this guy hate mail - yet. I have notified him via email and let's see what happens.

Grr. The time and effort I devote to a web design (80+ hours, easy) and I get this...

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
:blink: :( :angry:
WOW! I'm torn between laughing and crying while trying to decide if it is just ignorance or total disregard of someone else's intellectual property.
:blink: :( :angry:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
From the content it looks like a 12-year-old operating out of his bedroom, with delusions of grandeur. <_<

Having your hard work "borrowed" is never a warm fuzzy feeling.
Signature? What do you mean?
:o
Turned off hotlinking. Yay! Bandwidth saved: not much, considering the site probably had 2 total hits, but it's the principle of the thing.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Oookay. (www.deathclock.com)

Your Personal Day of Death is...
Tuesday, July 22, 2031

I'm guessing this is a new redirect from the original site?
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
It jumps to www.deathclock.com now... are you trying to tell me something Bolty?

:)
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
It's a good thing our beloved Bolty isn't vindictive. I might have slashdotted the little E$%^.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Mithrandir,Mar 22 2005, 07:23 PM Wrote:It jumps to www.deathclock.com now... are you trying to tell me something Bolty?

Go back to the main page, www.lurkerlounge.com. Now picture it hijacked. By a bunch of 12 year olds. Who modified the site with horrible content. And now you have the picture of the culprit (as well as an idiot).

Sigh. Happy that one is over. Goodjob Bolty

Cheers,

Munk
I thought about PMing this, but it might be nice if everybody got a look.

How do you find things like this, Bolty? Do you Google the Lounge on a regular basis? Or do Lurkers find things and tell you about them?
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Count Duckula,Mar 23 2005, 10:40 AM Wrote:How do you find things like this, Bolty? Do you Google the Lounge on a regular basis? Or do Lurkers find things and tell you about them?
[right][snapback]71647[/snapback][/right]

I received a tip off from a shall-remain-anonymous source. I have no idea how people find these things, but occasionally I'll get emails from people telling me about rip-off sites.

Considering he copied the code *verbatim*, not even changing the meta-tags that listed the site description as "The Lurker Lounge", it must have shown up somewhere.

Anyhow, a further update - the author claims to be a 13-year old who apparently just doesn't know any better. I've encouraged him to start a budding webmaster career by learning as I did - by coding one's own site and learning by doing.

-Bolty