Someone get a spine splint for this camel...
I'm done.

I canceled my account.

Great game, best I've played, and I've played most of them.

Server stability 6 months in is just unacceptable, so, I've voted in the only way that really counts.

Been fun. Thanks.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
It's been great talking to you, and I hope that you come back at some point in time.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I am very sorry to hear that. I am on a 6 month subscription plan (when i made my decision in December it was on a wing and a prayer that things would steadily improve because they were at that time) because it was the most cost effective. But if i was on a 3 month (would have ended around now, early April) i would have done the same. The game is remarkably unstable and it seems they have no idea how to fix it. In January and part of February Blizzard had suspended box sales as they worked to regain stability in the realms. Well they have never achieved that but also they have continued their box sales only further degrading realm stability. My subscription is cancelled as of July 7, 2005 as i feel as well that Blizzard should be hearing loud and clear that this server stability is unacceptable and as a paying customer i will not tolerate it. What difference that will make, who knows? 1.5 million paying customers gives/buys them time to either sink their own ship or make it float. My hope by July is i will feel confident enough to resubscribe to this great game.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Catlyn,Mar 24 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:I'm done.

I canceled my account.

Server stability 6 months in is just unacceptable, so, I've voted in the only way that really counts.

Been fun. Thanks.
[right][snapback]71830[/snapback][/right]
I can't blame you. Stability with this last patch has really gone down the tubes. I was even dropped from Terenas once or twice without any warning since the patch has gone in. I'll miss you on Stormrage. Thanks for the "malt" term. :D

GG and I had cancelled our three month recurring subscription at the beginning of this month, but a friend of ours "browbeat" us into accepting an offer to pay for six months for each of us so we're still here and playing. :) I would really like to think that within that time frame, stability will improve. Greatly.
Intolerant monkey.
Catlyn,Mar 24 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:I'm done.

I canceled my account.

Been fun. Thanks.
[right][snapback]71830[/snapback][/right]

I'll miss you in chat. I'll thank you again for malts. I'll hope that the servers stabalize and you want to come back in the future.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Catlyn, I'm so sorry to hear this, as your contribution has always been so much fun and very, very helpful. I'll miss you and I hope you will be back in the future.

I'm not sufficiently fed up with thse ridiculous system problems to walk away from this game. I've been through too many rough starts in RL that worked out great to walk away now.

I admire you for following your conscience.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm on a month to month but can't bring myself to cancel yet. Even with all the whining and complaining I've done, it currently fills a void for me (when I am able to play). It will be more likely that real life problems drag me away but, be it RL or servers, it is very possible that I'll be out in another month or two.

I'll miss your presence. :(

MicroLech :blush:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Catlyn,Mar 24 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:Server stability 6 months in is just unacceptable, so, I've voted in the only way that really counts.[right][snapback]71830[/snapback][/right]

After the short night GG and I had on Tichondrius tonight, I completely understand where you are coming from. MongoJerry says it's usually not too bad on Tich, but I'm betting he's seeing good stability because he's usually in an instance of some kind. The Eastern Kingdoms on Tichondrius is just as bad if not worse than the EK on Stormrage.

Our level 17 undead warlock and mage combo was clearing a path through Pyrewood Village for the third (maybe fourth) time trying to get the stupid book. We finally found out where the book is, made our way there, having some great battles with the patrols and the spawns and elites there, made our way upstairs, only had to get past the named guy at the top of the stairs to get the book and *boot*, we're staring at the character select screen. After quite a few "world server down", we get back in. Everything had respawned. I sic voidy on the regular elites, GG sheeps the named guy, we get booted. Rinse and repeat until I just get tired of it, fear everything in sight, sic voidy on one of them, grab the book, run out of the room. Does the server agree? Apparently not, because despite the book actually being in my inventory, it thinks I'm still in the room looting the bookcase so GG and I both bite it because he can't loot the shelf thanks to the idiot server. We get booted again. And again, and again.

Now, we have had much fun on Tichondrius, but usually we get weird fits of lag every single time we play there. Sometimes it's just loot lag, sometimes it's up to 5 minutes of saying, "Gee. Look at that monster biting me. Wouldn't it be nice if I could, oh, say, attack back?!" and sometimes it's nothing more than just a 3 second spike here and there.
Intolerant monkey.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...&p=#post2224839

I know it's not the acceptable solution, but just as general knowledge, Blizzard has given all players 2 days credit for their awful patching job.

May you use those days well, because I certainly agree that the game itself is spectacular.

For the rest of us, hopefully Blizzard turns this around :unsure:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Mar 28 2005, 04:45 PM Wrote:I know it's not the acceptable solution, but just as general knowledge, Blizzard has given all players 2 days credit for their awful patching job.
[right][snapback]72183[/snapback][/right]
On the one hand, I'm glad we're getting more free days, but on the other hand, it just feels like too little too late. There really shouldn't be such a high aggravation factor to something that is just entertainment. Or at least not so much aggravation from technical difficulties.

Nevertheless, I shall remain playing for quite a while now, even if my altitis is starting to settle down again. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Quark,Mar 28 2005, 04:45 PM Wrote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...&p=#post2224839

I know it's not the acceptable solution, but just as general knowledge, Blizzard has given all players 2 days credit for their awful patching job.

May you use those days well, because I certainly agree that the game itself is spectacular.&nbsp;

For the rest of us, hopefully Blizzard turns this around&nbsp; :unsure:
[right][snapback]72183[/snapback][/right]

Well that would get me up to 15 free days when they credit it (it's not there yet). So half a month of "free" time in the 4 months (I think we are at 125 days now) since the game has been out. That means that Blizzard has essentially acknowledged that the game has been unplayable for 12% of the time. Nope I don't blame anyone for leaving.

EDIT: That doesn't count the Tuesday maint time that they don't give credit for either that gives you another 5 days or so (6 hours of maint 17 times) so that means 16% of the time now. And yes that credit applies to select servers some people have less free days some have more. But if you look at 84% usable time (not uptime that's a different number) on a server that is not a good thing. Yes I acknowledge the numbers uses are very bad and the real numbers are very different. But it's just a little silly illustration of the point that Catlyn is making.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.