Content patch is TOMORROW
Thought you would all be interested:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post2081971
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Translation: don't expect to get to play much tomorrow. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
i'm expecting server based drama over killing the new uber guilds=p

happened in eq, ffxi, ao, was hoping to avoid it here in wow with the instance system. oh well=/
Concillian,Mar 21 2005, 08:34 PM Wrote:Thought you would all be interested:

[right][snapback]71426[/snapback][/right]

Damn. Well, guess I better start working on those warrior and priest alts - I'm not going to be getting many groups with the glut of paladins out there.

Halfway to a full set of Lightforge, too. :(
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Friday the 25th for us Euros.

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.asp...tmp=1#post83459
You don't know what you're talking about.
Bolty,Mar 21 2005, 09:04 PM Wrote:Translation: don't expect to get to play much tomorrow.  :)

-Bolty
[right][snapback]71429[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I didn't put anything much on the auction house once I learned this.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Mar 21 2005, 10:34 PM Wrote:Thought you would all be interested:

[right][snapback]71426[/snapback][/right]

I've got mixed feelings on this. Patch is good, but testers on the Test realm were still reporting new issues right up until the realms shut down. They can't have fixed them *all* by now....
Skandranon,Mar 22 2005, 06:54 AM Wrote:I've got mixed feelings on this.  Patch is good, but testers on the Test realm were still reporting new issues right up until the realms shut down.  They can't have fixed them *all* by now....
[right][snapback]71450[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I wonder about that as well. Then I remember that they said they had new internal mechanisms (probably a work flow change) so that they would be patching more frequently. So they may figure, "we've left this off to long, we'll get the other issues in the next patch that is only 2 weeks away" or whatever. I'm not saying that is a good thing, but it might be what they are doing. There will always be issues and hopefully Blizzard is fixing their "wait till it's done" attitudes and changing to a "fix as much as we can as fast as we can" stance on patching.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
The patch is 60.52 MB and we see a return of the Blizzard Downloader. I liked that the smaller patches didn't all bring up that thing. Ah well. Those who have had issues with the downloader in the past may want to start the patching process now so maybe by the time the realms are up you can actually play the game. My estimated download time (hah, like this will be accurate) is between a half-hour to an hour. Chugging right along there. My sympathies to those who have slow downloads with the Blizzard Downloader.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 22 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:The patch is 60.52 MB and we see a return of the Blizzard Downloader.  I liked that the smaller patches didn't all bring up that thing.  Ah well.  Those who have had issues with the downloader in the past may want to start the patching process now so maybe by the time the realms are up you can actually play the game.  My estimated download time (hah, like this will be accurate) is between a half-hour to an hour.  Chugging right along there.  My sympathies to those who have slow downloads with the Blizzard Downloader.
[right][snapback]71455[/snapback][/right]

Where are you getting the patch from? I would really like to download it in advance so I don't have to sit and stare at a 60mb download.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Alrin,Mar 22 2005, 08:15 AM Wrote:Where are you getting the patch from? I would really like to download it in advance so I don't have to sit and stare at a 60mb download.
[right][snapback]71457[/snapback][/right]
I logged into WoW and it did it automatically like it has all the other times. Still can't enter the realms of course, but you can always get the patches well before the realms are scheduled to come back up. Doesn't help those who can't launch the game though.

Edit: And for the UI mod users, the game screen claims the number is 4284, but because of the issues after the last patch I'm not claiming that will work to update your mods. ;)

Edit2: Hate it when I have to edit a previous edit to make it readable.
Intolerant monkey.
Rinnhart,Mar 21 2005, 11:34 PM Wrote:Damn. Well, guess I better start working on those warrior and priest alts - I'm not going to be getting many groups with the glut of paladins out there.

Halfway to a full set of Lightforge, too.  :(
[right][snapback]71436[/snapback][/right]
I'm confused. What am I missing in the patch notes that would make your pally get into groups less than what you already do? As you can see by my sig, I've barely played a pally and certainly not enough to really have any kind of grasp on the class (even just a rudimentary one) so I need coaching on pally issues. :)
Intolerant monkey.
My guess is that he was talking about the number caps on instances. I think hes assuming there will be few spots available and many paladins competing for those spots. I'm not sure how it play out - maybe instead of a 20 person raids there will be twice as many 10 person raids?

Chris
Treesh,Mar 22 2005, 08:34 AM Wrote:I logged into WoW and it did it automatically like it has all the other times.  Still can't enter the realms of course, but you can always get the patches well before the realms are scheduled to come back up.  Doesn't help those who can't launch the game though.

Edit: And for the UI mod users, the game screen claims the number is 4284, but because of the issues after the last patch I'm not claiming that will work to update your mods. ;)

Edit2: Hate it when I have to edit a previous edit to make it readable.
[right][snapback]71458[/snapback][/right]

you could also download WoWtoc and not have to worry about manually updating your addons. it automatically checks all addons and updates them to the current patch version number. Invaluable little thing I found.

edit: linky
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
Icebird,Mar 22 2005, 10:35 AM Wrote:My guess is that he was talking about the number caps on instances. I think hes assuming there will be few spots available and many paladins competing for those spots. I'm not sure how it play out - maybe instead of a 20 person raids there will be twice as many 10 person raids?

Chris
[right][snapback]71471[/snapback][/right]
That makes sense. I guess I was looking for a pally-specific change rather than something that affects all classes deemed "less than desirable" by the unwashed masses.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 22 2005, 11:37 AM Wrote:That makes sense.  I guess I was looking for a pally-specific change rather than something that affects all classes deemed "less than desirable" by the unwashed masses.
[right][snapback]71489[/snapback][/right]
Well, the only thing I can think of is that, they're fixing a lot of the warrior rage issues. With two plate wearing classes in the game, if one of them gets a substantial improvement, the other can seem to be diminished by comparison. Warriors just hold aggro better, relegating the Paladin to the permanent off-tank position for raids. A 10-man raid means fewer off-tanks, so...
savaughn,Mar 22 2005, 11:50 AM Wrote:Well, the only thing I can think of is that, they're fixing a lot of the warrior rage issues.  With two plate wearing classes in the game, if one of them gets a substantial improvement, the other can seem to be diminished by comparison.  Warriors just hold aggro better, relegating the Paladin to the permanent off-tank position for raids.  A 10-man raid means fewer off-tanks, so...

Most of the newest and best "phat loot" in the game will likely be in Dire Maul, where the cap will be five players. The standard alliance five player setup is warrior, priest, mage, and a paladin as a secondary healer/rezer/aura/off-tank guy. It's all the other classes who will have a tough time, since they will all be competing for that fifth and final slot.

On, the other hand, warriors should be happy, because people will actually want one in five people to be a warrior as opposed to raid situations where after the group gets their first warrior, all other warriors are basically pond scum.

Note: My ultimate party would probably be warrior, priest, mage, druid, and warlock, but most people aren't used to playing with druids and warlocks to know how good those classes can be in a party.
Bleh, I hate the Blizzard Downloader. I've got everything set up well on my computer but it's downloading slow enough as to register as 0.00 KB/s due to the UW's network firewalls. If I could just get a nice direct download, I'd be done in seconds given the speed of the UW network. Unfortunately, the UW Ethernet REALLY hates anything like BitTorrent.

I wish Blizzard would give me the option to directly download the patch and then take half an hour directly uploading it to other people via FTP rather than using the downloader. I'd get the patch a heck of a lot faster AND I'm sure other people would love to benefit from my 1+ MB/s upload speed rather than the ~0.50 KB/s average that my upload seems to be getting with the downloader. :rolleyes:
-TheDragoon
Treesh,Mar 22 2005, 08:33 AM Wrote:I'm confused.  What am I missing in the patch notes that would make your pally get into groups less than what you already do?  As you can see by my sig, I've barely played a pally and certainly not enough to really have any kind of grasp on the class (even just a rudimentary one) so I need coaching on pally issues.  :)
[right][snapback]71465[/snapback][/right]

That was mostly me whining to hear my own voice. Just finished (read - "everyone left", not "we won") a UBRS raid with five paladins.

Five.

Two of them such marvelous examples of humanity that I refuse to ever party with them again lest it be catching like some kind of mind-rotting plague.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Mar 22 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:That was mostly me whining to hear my own voice. Just finished (read - "everyone left", not "we won") a UBRS raid with five paladins.

Five.

Two of them such marvelous examples of humanity that I refuse to ever party with them again lest it be catching like some kind of mind-rotting plague.
[right][snapback]71506[/snapback][/right]
Heh. Fair enough. :D
Intolerant monkey.