Spectacular Ski Weekend...
I'm sure for some people two feet of fresh, dry powder and deserted slopes are common place. However, for the third week of March in the Lake Tahoe area (Sierra Nevadas), it is very rare indeed. The best part was that it kept snowing all weekend, so we had completely fresh tacks every few runs. I cannot describe the feeling of carving a lazy path through the trees, knee deep in powder, with snow falling all around you. The whole world outside of "here and now" completely disappears. To make it even better, I was on the slops with 2-3 buddies who are all very good skiers, sharing the experience. Carving through deep powder all weekend is brutal. I'm very sore today, despite the fact that I've been skiing regularly since the beginning of January.

However, It wasn't a good weekend for novices. I saw a few people walking off the slopes with their skiis on their shoulders, completely disgusted. There were a lot of people who lost skis (hopefully temporarily) in the deep stuff. Straps were probably the order of the day (not that I had one).

I've been skiing (on and off) for over twenty years. Sunday probably ranks among the top three days I've had on the slopes. B)

Anybody else has some good skiing experience to share?
Signature? What do you mean?
Winter Park, CO two weekends ago go 10" of snow in a day. Pretty much similar experience, but there were more people so by the end of the day it was getting packed down a little more. It was some of the best snow I've ever skied in and I've been skiing for more than 5 years and consider myself pretty darn good...
pope master,Mar 22 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:Winter Park, CO two weekends ago go 10" of snow in a day.  Pretty much similar experience, but there were more people so by the end of the day it was getting packed down a little more.  It was some of the best snow I've ever skied in and I've been skiing for more than 5 years and consider myself pretty darn good...
[right][snapback]71432[/snapback][/right]

I have been going to Winter Park every year for 10 years now! I love it to death, along with Mary Jane and Vasquez Ridge.

This year was the first that I went up to Parsen Bowl though. I am 17 and am plenty capable, but noone I ski with is. :D

As for the actual topic: I have never been lucky enough to have THAT much fresh snow, but I have had days where there was a steady fall that over time accumulated to around 8" two days in a row. Only bad part was that Winter Park is always crowded when I go during the second week of January. =(

Oh well, good news is next August I will be in Burlington, Vermont, with plenty of skiing close by! :w00t: :rolleyes:
WWBBD?