The Healbot
Quote:Hmm. I would disagree. If you are playing on the alliance side, VC is the first instance. This is the first time you're going to see well tied mobs and instance scenarios. For the Alliance, VC is where you learn to be a party member.

I rarely expect a VC instance to go well. I expect one or two characters to try and play solo - because they just don't know. I ran my lvl 20 warrior through VC last night. We didn't finish. The other players didn't know their party roles very well. But I'm glad I did it because they other folks got the opportunity to LEARN.

A little off topic, but hey. I recently ran through ragefire chasm - the first horde instance - with an alt, and it was one of the smoothest instance runs I've ever done. Addmittedly we were zerging a bit (party levels were 15-18), but we had no deaths, no wipes, and cleared it in about an hour. Why? Three out of five players were alts. We let a young warrior tank instead of one of the warrior alts, which was great because he could - as you say - learn what he had to do. It was the same with all of us though, even the experienced players started to learn how their new toys should be played in an instance.

On another note, zerging will be the death of us all one day (if it hasn't already).
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Mar 22 2005, 08:50 PM Wrote:A little off topic, but hey.  I recently ran through ragefire chasm - the first horde instance - with an alt, and it was one of the smoothest instance runs I've ever done.  Addmittedly we were zerging a bit (party levels were 15-18), but we had no deaths, no wipes, and cleared it in about an hour. Why? Three out of five players were alts. We let a young warrior tank instead of one of the warrior alts, which was great because he could - as you say - learn what he had to do. It was the same with all of us though, even the experienced players started to learn how their new toys should be played in an instance.

On another note, zerging will be the death of us all one day (if it hasn't already).
[right][snapback]71582[/snapback][/right]
What do you mean by "cleared it"?
playingtokrush,Mar 23 2005, 02:14 PM Wrote:What do you mean by "cleared it"?
[right][snapback]71586[/snapback][/right]

Probably used the wrong term (I'm still new to all this :D ). I meant that we knocked over the four quests we had inside. (None of us had the UC quest, and we couldn't be bothered jumping on the zeplin to get it.)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink