WC3 board game
Hi

I'm an on and off boardgame/tabletop player, when D2 leaves me the time :whistling: Has anybody played the boardgame based on Warcraft III? What were your impressions?

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
I have the game. My friends and I played it once (we are short on time ever since WoW came out...). It was a lot of fun. I think that with more familiarity with the rules, it would be even more fun. There is also a lot of room for setting up special "campaigns" or alternate victory conditions to change the gameplay. There is even an expansion pack!

I read online reviews of the game before purchasing, and most agreed that it was fun (especially for warcraft players - there is no end to the amount of computer-game jokes you can make as you play).

The only complaint of any substance is that the plastic tray they give you in the box is very inadequate for storing all the pieces you get (fighting units, workers, gold and lumber tokens, town square pieces, dice, unit and upgrade cards, spell cards, quest tokens, etc). You really need to get some ziplock bags to store all the pieces.

Hope this helps!
Hi

Thanks for the information. The reviews I found online were mostly positive but I wanted to get some Lurker input before making a decision. The shop were I'm going to buy it is closing down, so I should be able to get the game plus the expansion pack for around € 35 :D

Unfortunately WoW is not an option for me at the moment due to time constraints :( so the boardgame should, hopefully, help me pass the time until I'm able to get into WoW.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”