New member... POKE HIM!
*poke*

Hello. :)
After having lurked this forum since D2 was released (in the true spirit of its name), I figured it was time to register.

I've recently traded my D2 obsession for a new one, the ambrosia that is WoW, and although I play on an obscure european server (Dunemaul), I thought it might be fun to join the discussions.

Oh, and I've known Treesh, GG and Tal for a number of years now, so they can probably vouch for my (in)sanity. <_<

That's it. End of speech. Now welcome me! :lol:
The Gnu,Mar 16 2005, 01:09 PM Wrote:New member... POKE HIM!
[right][snapback]70910[/snapback][/right]

:huh:

*poke* *poke* *poke*

:lol:
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

It would take more than 2.5 minutes to fall from the top of Mt. Everest.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.
The Gnu,Mar 16 2005, 06:09 AM Wrote:*poke*

After having lurked this forum since D2 was released (in the true spirit of its name), I figured it was time to register.

A true lurker ! :wub: Four years is long enough, though. It is certainly time to come out into the open and make yourself available for the odd poke. :lol: May you never regret the decision. :rolleyes:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

The Gnu,Mar 16 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:*poke*

Let me see....three smilies in such a short post...YOU KNOW WE DON'T LIKE THAT HERE.....

Just kidding, welcome, I look forward to some interesting posts.

eppie
Welcome aboard The Gnu!

Sit back and make yourself comfortable! :lol:

Cheers!
-D
The Gnu,Mar 16 2005, 07:09 AM Wrote:*poke*

I've recently traded my D2 obsession for a new one, the ambrosia that is WoW, and although I play on an obscure european server (Dunemaul), I thought it might be fun to join the discussions.

Oh, and I've known Treesh, GG and Tal for a number of years now, so they can probably vouch for my (in)sanity.&nbsp; <_<

That's it. End of speech. Now welcome me!&nbsp; :lol:

[Image: poke.gif]

Hmmmmm that produced no effect. Time to bring out the big guns.

[Image: emote_viking.gif]

Good to see you here Gnu. :)
Ga-nu!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: [Image: buddies.gif]

I knew you couldn't resist finally registering. ;) I thought of you when I saw this posted here at the lounge in this thread, post 84 if it scrolls for you (post given because the pict is funnier in context and you'll see why I thought of you).

We miss you in the chat room.
Intolerant monkey.
The Gnu,Mar 16 2005, 05:09 AM Wrote:*poke*

Oh, and I've known Treesh, GG and Tal for a number of years now, so they can probably vouch for my (in)sanity.&nbsp; <_<

*morse poke*

Welcome. I noticed your post down in the WoW section and did a "The Gnu! Here!" I'm very disappointed that Europeans are seperated from North Americans in WoW. I would love to play with you. I still remember the G.net days with D2 1.10 beta. :)

As for vouching for you, well I don't want that kind of responsibility. I know what you are liable to do and why would I want to willing get myself into that kind of a situation. :D

Since Treesh already linked the very appropriate post I'll leave that be, needless to say I thought of you and the rest of the old Scandinavian Bloc when I saw it as well. Anyway I should end this poke.

*morse poke*
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Mar 16 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:I'm very disappointed that Europeans are seperated from North Americans in WoW.&nbsp; I would love to play with you.[right][snapback]70931[/snapback][/right]
If Sabra thinks you're silly now, she should see you and Gnu and Tal when y'all get together. ;) It would really be fun to be able to play with Gnu in WoW.

*goes off grumbling about the decision to separate Euros and NAs*
Intolerant monkey.
Gnu, any relation to the UNIX s/w development tool set? ;)

Before I forget...poke.
Signature? What do you mean?
Treesh,Mar 16 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:Ga-nu!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: [Image: buddies.gif]

I thought of you when I saw this posted here at the lounge in this thread, post 84 if it scrolls for you (post given because the pict is funnier in context and you'll see why I thought of you).&nbsp;

[right][snapback]70926[/snapback][/right]

I did see that one, and it made me chuckle. Feels like home. :D

Any1,Mar 16 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:Gnu, any relation to the UNIX s/w development tool set?&nbsp; ;)

[right][snapback]70949[/snapback][/right]

Nope, no relation at all. My ex girlfriend used to have the alias "The Catwoman" on ICQ, which I thought was a terrible nickname. To mock her I changed my nick to "The Gnuman", and I have since then suffered the consequences. Women are too clever for their own good... <_< :P

Fakes a poek, waits for gnu to turn around, pokes away. slaps back for good measure.

Hi there and see you around if you post. Watch out, if you ask for a poek, you never know what you're going to get. <_<
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
The Gnu,Mar 16 2005, 05:09 AM Wrote:*poke*

Right, so to welcome you here, I shall first moon the moniter.
*completes mooning evolution*

And now, a short poem of welcome.

Gnu Haiku

Lurking wildebeast
Breaks cover to say hello
Gets mooned by a rogue ;)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 16 2005, 07:07 PM Wrote:Right, so to welcome you here, I shall first moon the moniter.
*completes mooning evolution*

And now, a short poem of welcome.

Gnu Haiku

Lurking wildebeast
Breaks cover to say hello
Gets mooned by a rogue&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]70998[/snapback][/right]

Surreal.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Obviously no one reads my sig line. :unsure:
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.