Warriors Whirlwind Sword
My Undead Warrior just completed the "Cyclonian" Horde Warrior class quest which has three different "Whirlwind" weapons as reward: an Axe, a Hammer and a Sword. He picked the sword, but it looks kinda funny with some half-transparent polygons around the otherwise good looking blade:

[Image: WoW_Whirlwind_Sword.jpg]

As you can see on the above image (here on the character selection screen), the blade doesn't seem to look right with those jaggy polygons around it. I *assume* that this is supposed to be an extra special effect for the blade (an anmimated glow or flame effect or something) that's just not displayed correctly by my graphics card (Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64MB). It might be either the hardware, the Nvidia ForceWare driver (latest version) or DirectX 9 that don't work correctly. Can anyone here confirm if this is actually a display error and what the problem (and solution) is?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Mar 15 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:My Undead Warrior just completed the "Cyclonian" Horde Warrior class quest which has three different "Whirlwind" weapons as reward: an Axe, a Hammer and a Sword. He picked the sword, but it looks kinda funny with some half-transparent polygons around the otherwise good looking blade:

[Image: WoW_Whirlwind_Sword.jpg]

As you can see on the above image (here on the character selection screen), the blade doesn't seem to look right with those jaggy polygons around it. I *assume* that this is supposed to be an extra special effect for the blade (an anmimated glow or flame effect or something) that's just not displayed correctly by my graphics card (Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64MB). It might be either the hardware, the Nvidia ForceWare driver (latest version) or DirectX 9 that don't work correctly. Can anyone here confirm if this is actually a display error and what the problem (and solution) is?
[right][snapback]70834[/snapback][/right]

It looks the same as the whirlwind I see on warriors, the tip is supposed to be jagged with etching up and down the length of the blade.
It looks consistent with the image on allakhazam:
http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=6977
Thanks, folks. I just found these comments on Thottbot.com:

Quote:Ugly weapon
Reply Posted by oliverb on 2005-02-06 14:50:02
"This may be the weapon that does the most damage but it is the ugliest weapon in the world"

Reply Posted by rothgard on 2005-02-09 11:26:11
"I guess you havent seen the sword version then, which happens to look like a large butter knife."

I think that has answered my question :)

@Blizzard: Please make the weapon more attractive with the next patch! ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I think it would look awesome if the transparent effect extended to the tip of the blade.
Less QQ more Pew Pew