Blast from the Past
I'm sure I'm not the only one to have fallen in love with the different Lucasarts (and other publishers) adventure games. However since I dont own a 10 year old computer that runs on DOS, its been impossible to actually play said games. But now there is hope! These guys have put out a free program that will let anyone play their old DOS adventure games on any system!

I've been up all night playing Sam n' Max, Day of the Tentacle, and The Secret of Monkey Island...if only I knew where my copy of Full Throttle got to...
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Urza-DSF,Mar 15 2005, 03: Wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one to have fallen in love with the different Lucasarts (and other publishers) adventure games.  However since I dont own a 10 year old computer that runs on DOS, its been impossible to actually play said games.  But now there is hope!  These guys have put out a free program that will let anyone play their old DOS adventure games on any system! 

I've been up all night playing Sam n' Max, Day of the Tentacle, and The Secret of Monkey Island...if only I knew where my copy of Full Throttle got to...
[right][snapback]70792[/snapback][/right]

The nostalgia is killing me! :lol:
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

It would take more than 2.5 minutes to fall from the top of Mt. Everest.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.
Urza-DSF,Mar 15 2005, 01: Wrote:if only I knew where my copy of Full Throttle got to...

That was a cool game! :)

I got my first comp around the time thts game came out, so many memories.....

-D
Daemon,Mar 15 2005, 11:06 AM Wrote:That was a cool game! :)

I got my first comp around the time thts game came out, so many memories.....

-D
[right][snapback]70804[/snapback][/right]

I'll say, and yet another of Mark Hamil's voice-acting stints. Caught me completly by suprise to find out he had a hand in the game. But then again, it also suprised the hell out of me when I found out he voiced The Joker in the animated batman series.

But yeah, loads of great stuff ^_^
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"