A spell that has me somewhat confused
Hiya

Ok , started training up a mage and picked up a couple of spells on the way , first was ,
Dampen magic
Targetted party member , it decreases damage taken from spells by 10 and healing up to 20
Ok so nice little buff when facing casters , then I picked up this one , which is the spell in question .
Amplify magic
Amplifies magic used against targeted party member , increasing damage taken by spells by up to 15 and healing spells up o 30 .
Ok so why would anyone want this spell ? targetted party member takes more damage so what am I missing , fair enough if not facing casters then you can have the benefits of the heals . I asked a high level mage about this , he said it knocks off some spell damage , then he ran off , so not much of an explanation . So does it indeed work like Dampen magic ? if so why have dampen magic at all ?is it just worded wrong ? or is it not party member at all but cast it on a mob to make them take more damage . clarification on this would be nice , cheers .
Take care
Raven Vale,Mar 14 2005, 04:42 AM Wrote:fair enough if not facing casters then you can have the benefits of the heals
Well, this is exactly the situation in which you'd use Amplify Magic.

Quote:I asked a high level mage about this , he said it knocks off some spell damage , then he ran off , so not much of an explanation . So does it indeed work like Dampen magic ? if so why have dampen magic at all ?is it just worded wrong ? or is it not party member at all but cast it on a mob to make them take more damage . clarification on this would be nice , cheers .
The mage is full of crap. It's just the opposite of Dampen Magic, but still only works on party members: increased damage from spells and increased heals.