anyone ever been hacked and lost characters?
Ok, so here's the story.

I started a RAF account with a friend, so that he could Powerlevel a character to 60 and get into the game faster. He was a vanilla player, and wanted to play again, but didn't want to play horde.

So I started the account, did the link, and let him have the info on it so that during the day (while I work) he could use that account and Dual box the 2 characters to 60.

Well, after I paid for everything on the account, I went ahead and transferred my sons warrior over to it, so that I could slowly make it my sons account once the RAF was done. Since the warrior was 55+, I made a DK on a server and started leveling it up.

My friend hit 55, and made a DK of his own, as he wasn't enjoying his druid as much as he thought.

I go to log into the other account and check auctions for my DK, and my DK is gone. Turns out my account was hacked. I guess he DL'd a keylogger and my DK is gone as is all the gold that he had been stockpiling from running the lowbies around.

His account is intact, just my DK and the loot (some BoE's that hadn't been AH'd and gold) are gone. Anyone know how long it takes to get that kind of stuff restored? Will they return my DK to the proper realm? She had been xferred realms, stripped of all gear, and left copperless. Will they even bother restoring?

I know, I know, when you let other people use accounts, it's a higher probability it will happen, I was just trying to help an RL friend out. Never thought that he would get a keylogger.

I guess the only thing that I can be happy about is that it wasn't my main account. My son's warrior, a 55+ NE warrior, and the DK are the only ones affected.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Update.

I have the account back under my control. The DK ended up getting deleted before the account was completely under my control. The Guild bank for the lowbies has been restored with all gold and items. I haven't yet heard about the restoration of the DK.

Crossing fingers. X
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Count yourself lucky. If Blizz finds out you've been sharing your account they can close all your accounts and boot you off WoW. Happened to a guildie of mine once who shared his account with a friend.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
They can -- they do not necessarily want to. Mostly they won't care.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:They can -- they do not necessarily want to. Mostly they won't care.

Well, I'm probably going to let the account die now. They consider the matter closed since they restored the character that was deleted, restored the gold from selling the gear (left her naked), and restored the GB that was robbed.

My son has decided that he doesn't really care to play that much anymore, so It's pretty much over now.

I would be really surprised if they killed my accounts because I was using the RAF in that manner, but who knows. It's a lesson learned, and I guess an experience I wont have to go through again.