Diablo 2 play disk not found
:angry: I am having a bit of a problem! During the installation part of LOD, when it asks for your play disk, I put my play disk in, and it gets to about 2 installation bars, then asks for the play disk....

What can do about it? I have cleaned both the disk and the drive.

if anyone can burn me a copy of the play disk, I would like that.

thanks...... :mellow:
zero,Mar 14 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote::angry: I am having a bit of a problem! During the installation part of LOD, when it asks for your play disk, I put my play disk in, and it gets to about 2 installation bars, then asks for the play disk....

[right][snapback]70672[/snapback][/right]
I am sorry but I do not have the playdisk for that game sorry. :)
zero,Mar 14 2005, 03:54 AM Wrote::angry: I am having a bit of a problem! During the installation part of LOD, when it asks for your play disk, I put my play disk in, and it gets to about 2 installation bars, then asks for the play disk....

A couple of obvious questions, but here they are nonetheless:

First, are you sure you were putting the 'play' disk in? Installing LOD has you swapping disks several times.

Second, does this happen with any other programme disk? It may indicate that your CD drive is not functioning anymore.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

when it asks to put the play disk in, I DO put the play disk in, it reads it for a little bit then it asks for the disk again. It has happened several times when i try to play LOD.

It only happens to my LOD game when I put in the Diablo II play disk.
<_<

ShadowHM,Mar 14 2005, 08:18 AM Wrote:A couple of obvious questions, but here they are nonetheless:

First, are you sure you were putting the 'play' disk in?&nbsp; Installing LOD has you swapping disks several times.

Second, does this happen with any other programme disk?&nbsp; It may indicate that your CD drive is not functioning anymore.
[right][snapback]70693[/snapback][/right]
zero,Mar 14 2005, 04:54 AM Wrote::angry: I am having a bit of a problem! During the installation part of LOD, when it asks for your play disk, I put my play disk in, and it gets to about 2 installation bars, then asks for the play disk....

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0273p
zero,Mar 14 2005, 02:54 AM Wrote::angry:

:angry: That's not an appropriate approach to this problem.

Tal's link to Blizzard Support is a good one: we Lurkers do not endorse evasion of Blizzard's profits from their games, even though we may vent in frustration now and again . . .

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
thanks
Occhidiangela,Mar 14 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote::angry:&nbsp; That's not an appropriate approach to this problem.&nbsp;

Tal's link to Blizzard Support is a good one: we Lurkers do not endorse evasion of Blizzard's profits from their games, even though we may vent in frustration now and again . . .

Occhi
[right][snapback]70702[/snapback][/right]
Occhidiangela,Mar 14 2005, 11:56 AM Wrote:Tal's link to Blizzard Support is a good one: we Lurkers do not endorse evasion of Blizzard's profits from their games, even though we may vent in frustration now and again . . .[right][snapback]70702[/snapback][/right]
The Diablo 2 discs are notorious for not working properly. It usually takes me 3 tries or more whenever I need to reinstall D2 (which happened quite frequently a few years ago when I changed OS's a few times and upgraded my hard drive) so making yourself a copy of the discs is actually a pretty good idea (and is something you are legally entitled to do). If I remember right though, Blizzard put some sort of copy protection on their discs to prevent you from making duplicates.

That being said, if you can't make the copies yourself, you're out of luck and will just have to buy new ones.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
zero,Mar 14 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote::angry: I am having a bit of a problem! During the installation part of LOD, when it asks for your play disk, I put my play disk in, and it gets to about 2 installation bars, then asks for the play disk....

I advise you to clean your hard drive first.
Remove spywares , cookies , and clear your temporary folder.
I had the same issue because of P2P KaZaa.I removed it and then no more troubles installing diablo.
When it asks you to insert the play disk, after inserting do you browse the hard drive and click on the specific drive ? if you don't do that, it will look for it even though the play disk is already inserted.
burn me a copy of the play disk to U? where are you? and wanna us or me send that by Post or smthing eles? I do not know :o
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
mistake:burn a copy to you
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
ICanChangTheWorLd,Mar 21 2005, 03:41 AM Wrote:burn me a copy of the play disk to U? where are you? and wanna us or me send that by Post or smthing eles? I do not know :o
[right][snapback]71370[/snapback][/right]

If you continue to solicit an illegal copy of the game, I will recommend to the mods that you be banned.

Stop it.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Wyrm,Mar 15 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:The Diablo 2 discs are notorious for not working properly.&nbsp; It usually takes me 3 tries or more whenever I need to reinstall D2 (which happened quite frequently a few years ago when I changed OS's a few times and upgraded my hard drive) so making yourself a copy of the discs is actually a pretty good idea&nbsp; (and is something you are legally entitled to do).&nbsp; If I remember right though, Blizzard put some sort of copy protection on their discs to prevent you from making duplicates.

That being said, if you can't make the copies yourself, you're out of luck and will just have to buy new ones.
[right][snapback]70849[/snapback][/right]

I am not aware of any prohibition from Blizzard for making your own back up if it is strictly to remedy a disc that gets worn out. I may be wrong about that. That strikes me as defensible within a fair use mode.

The problem comes with "pass my copy to a friend." How far down a slippery slope one thinks one should go is, to my way of thinking, easily answered.

Don't.

Backup is a good idea, I lost an HD somewhat unexpectedly, and lost a lot of stories I had written.

Stupid me.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
A lot of the time it's not the disk that's wrong. Most CD and DVD drives read a large amount of information, then cache it. Depending on how long it takes for the install to use the information, the drive me spin down and go into "sleep" mode. Then rather than reinitiating the spin, the install program simply sees no disk, and errors. At that point, whatever CD is in the drive is seen by the install program as the wrong CD, and you're SOL.

Then again, could be a bad CD, never know. :)