Linen Farming
Well I doubt I'm the first to report this, but I didn't find this with a search so here goes.

There's a camp in Loch Modan, where two mobs spawn immediately after being killed. They drop a good amount of linen. With the insane spawn rate, it's the best place to farm linen on a sustained DPS char.

It's on a strip off the coast of the northern island in the middle of the Loch, at 47,30.

It has the added benefit of not intruding on any new players' spawn. Any newbie that tries to hunt there inevitably ends up jumping into the water or dying, even with a high level character there slaughtering stuff for them. :huh:
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Ah, yes, we had a Screenshot That Is Somewhat Interesting about that island, and in fact, the patch notes for the next patch say that this will be fixed. Using it as a linen farming mechanism is a good idea until the patch comes out, though. Thanks for the tip!
MongoJerry,Mar 14 2005, 02:48 AM Wrote:... and in fact, the patch notes for the next patch say that this will be fixed.
Oh, I overlooked most of the non-class stuff. :whistling:
Less QQ more Pew Pew
That island was the source of much cash for my alliance rogue between 20 and 25 or so.

They drop a bunch of level 9 greens too, which sell okay at the AH, nothing great, but they'll get you like 10-12 silver if there are alts running around.

There's a camp in Wetlands that has quick spawners too, they're a bit more spread out, so it's safer. They're gnolls, and high enough level to drop wool too (low 20s I think, it's been a while since I've played on my alliance server). Wool is a much better cash generation mechanism than linen. You have to kill the whole camp first, then once you do, there is a minimum of 2 mobs at any given time.

I don't remember exactly where they are, but they are north of the main road and east of the road north.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
On the horde side, northeast of crossroads, there's sludgefen--a place full of venture co that spawn in high numbers and pretty rapidly for one person at high teens and 20's. In fact, any of the goblin quest killing venture co should do. Their quests are always badly infested.
There is also a place just west of Moonbrook in Westfall where vultures will constantly spawn if you kill them all. Since they drop light feathers about 40% of the time, this is a great place to farm the reagent for Slow Fall and Levitate. You also get lots of small eggs, good for cooking and gingerbread cookies!

Edit: typos.
Speaking of feathers and dual farming, I find the Charred Vale in Stonetalon to be a great place for feathers as well, and you also get wool too.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Found the gnoll camp, it's at 64,63. Actually pretty far south.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Mar 13 2005, 11:38 PM Wrote:Well I doubt I'm the first to report this, but I didn't find this with a search so here goes.

There's a camp in Loch Modan, where two mobs spawn immediately after being killed. They drop a good amount of linen. With the insane spawn rate, it's the best place to farm linen on a sustained DPS char.

It's on a strip off the coast of the northern island in the middle of the Loch, at 47,30.

It has the added benefit of not intruding on any new players' spawn. Any newbie that tries to hunt there inevitably ends up jumping into the water or dying, even with a high level character there slaughtering stuff for them. :huh:
[right][snapback]70660[/snapback][/right]
Yea, that's an amusing location. There's quite a few places where you get auto-respawns (which is to say as soon as you've killed a monster another one takes it's place). Almost all of them are good for farming.

The crocolisks on the island in front of Bingle's crashed airplane auto-respawn and are skinnable. They're around level 14 and there's 3 of them on the island. With two people working it, you can practically cover the whole thing in corpses in a very short period of time.

The black baby dragons across the bridge from Lakeshire in Redridge also auto-respawn and are skinnable. These guys are level 18, but they have a much larger respawn area (on both sides of the road and down the hill a bit to the east) so you have to travel a bit more.

Anyone know of any more?
Not sure if this is quite what you are looking for, but if you are in the low 40s there is a cave in the extreme Southwest of the Badlands (Dustbelch Grotto) and in between there and Camp Cagg (actually a fairly small area) are a lot of ogres. About 10-12 that are just far enough apart to kill one at a time. Once you get to the end the first ones are respawning. Can get lots of Mageweave and some good cash and drops. its been my favorite place for the last few levels.