Patchelp v1.0.2 Beta error
I just instaled Patchelp v1.0.2 Beta with the us/eu 1.01 patch onto a fresh install of Hellfire.

When ever I try to "Load Modify and Go" helfire.exe I get this message:
"Image length mismatch! Sorry, I can't do anything more."

Im using DDRAM, it worked before when I used SDRAM.

I just dowloaded new *.elp files from http://home.mayn.de/loklorn/Purgatory/ and want to try them out.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is there a newer better version!?
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

It would take more than 2.5 minutes to fall from the top of Mt. Everest.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.
maniajk,Feb 28 2005, 10:39 PM Wrote:I just instaled Patchelp v1.0.2 Beta with the us/eu 1.01 patch onto a fresh install of Hellfire.

When ever I try to "Load Modify and Go helfire.exe I get this message:
"Image length mismatch! Sorry, I can't do anything more."

Im using DDRAM, it worked before when I used SDRAM.

I just dowloaded new *.elp files from http://home.mayn.de/loklorn/Purgatory/ and want to try them out.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is there a newer better version!?
[right][snapback]69340[/snapback][/right]
Well - I might be wrong here, but isn't "Patchelp" a hack???
I thought I'd remember it from the readme of "Hellfire: The Dark". I think they mention it as a hack there...

Now if that's the case: STFU, and get the hell out of here. Now.
We don't endorse cheating here at the lounge.

If not: Feel free to correct me, no harm intended.
Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,Mar 1 2005, 03:58 PM Wrote:Well - I might be wrong here, but isn't "Patchelp" a hack???
I thought I'd remember it from the readme of "Hellfire: The Dark". I think they mention it as a hack there...
[right][snapback]69464[/snapback][/right]

The Dark is a hack too....

maniajk, you may want to try shooting a polite PM to Crystalion about your patchelp problems. I should think he knows more about it than anyone, but I don't think he reads the D1 board anymore.
Nystul,Mar 1 2005, 06:33 PM Wrote:The Dark is a hack too....
[right][snapback]69483[/snapback][/right]

I'd argue that Hellfire is a hack as well :unsure:
Chill you guys!
Im only using it in singleplayer! :rolleyes: I mean who's still playing normal helfire in multiplayer :ph34r: I haven't seen a game on Kali in years.
Thanks for the advice I'll PM him imediatly :shuriken:

Quote:Well - I might be wrong here, but isn't "Patchelp" a hack???

That was only mentioning it as being incompatible with The Dark :huh:
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.
Nystul,Mar 1 2005, 11:33 PM Wrote:The Dark is a hack too....
[right][snapback]69483[/snapback][/right]
Hi!

Technically, that may be true. But it is also a mod, and from what I've heard a quite respectable one.
Is 'patchelp' a mod too?
What the heck is this that not even the harsh anti-cheat policy of the lurkerlounge can grab hold?

Cheating is of course not cheating in singleplayer. I won't go there.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Well, it's not about the tool so much as what you do with it, but we don't need to go there in this case. The forum rules specifically refer to multiplayer cheating, and Hellfire is specifically a single player game.
Quote:Is 'patchelp' a mod too?
What the heck is this that not even the harsh anti-cheat policy of the lurkerlounge can grab hold?

Patchelp is a tool to help you modify different aspects of the game by loading *.elp files into the memory of an image of hellfire.exe before you launch the game. This can fix several bugs that a normal patch can't! (eg. the of thives suffix, the one time bonus to blocking, splash damage etc.)
Patchelp creates a copy of hellfire.exe in your RAM modifys it there (to evoid corrupting your hellfire.exe on the drive) and launches it from your RAM. This way it's completly imposible to use this tool for cheating in multiplayer since it's completely imposible to create an IPX tunnel because, you can't launch the game from both the IPX emulator and patchelp at the same time and you can't produce a valid path to the mofified hellfie.exe. Further more, since patchelp can modify NPC postions in town it would cause a client conflict if tried on normal LAN and possiblee crash the game.

Quote: Cheating is of course not cheating in singleplayer. I won't go there.

I agree this is only for fun and to enhance the play expirience. ;)

Fragbait,Mar 2 2005, 03:45 AM Wrote:Is 'patchelp' a mod too?

Patchelp is a utility like Dhack, which can be used to run modifications. I have no problem with either program.

-Lemmy
LemmingofGlory,Mar 2 2005, 08:25 PM Wrote:Patchelp is a utility like Dhack, which can be used to run modifications. I have no problem with either program.

-Lemmy
[right][snapback]69571[/snapback][/right]

That's puting it bluntly <_< I was trying to explain how it couldn't be used for MP hacking :rolleyes:

Can't be of any help really but on a slightly realted topic, does anyone have ANY idea what happened or were one can find Garry Powell today? I had some contact with him up until about 2 years after the 1.01 patch but he seem to have suddenly dissapeared after that.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Whopie!!! :lol:

We have fixed the problem! :P

The problem seems to be that patchelp has a problem with multipartition systems. Since I installed it on with Hellfire, on E:\, it couldn't read the path to hellfire.exe! The only thing I had to do is move them both to C:\ , so it read "C:\hellfire\" and "C:\program files\patchelp\" and of course configure the paths in patchelp.ini!

And presto it worked :w00t:

Thank you Crystalion B)