It's Graduation Time
Self or first-degree relatives only, please. I don't want some overeager person to detail the life histories of the entire senior class.

I have two, actually. I'm graduating May 13th (next...uh, Friday) from Lansing Community College with a General Associate's Degree. (The GAD is what LCC gives to people whose major is "Undecided".) I don't get a big party like when I graduated from high school, but a)that's not entirely a bad thing and b)it means more on a resume.

My younger brother, Kevin, is graduating from St. Johns High School on May 22nd (I think). He gets a big party. He also has to clean his room for it, since the lazy wastrel has done absolutely jack sh*t so far to get his own open house off the ground. He never even brough the Josten's catalog home (at least some of you must know Josten's; they sell caps, gowns, announcements, and other things to do with graduation). I showed him some of my pretty, foil-stamped name cards with "Class of 2003" and my full name printed on them in lovely script, and when he compared him to his plain old white cards with his first and last name in blocky, kinda ugly script, he pitched a fit. Serves him for being so lazy; I brought a catalog home.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
On May 14th, I graduate with a Computer Science degree from Ursinus College (a small liberal arts college NW of Philly) Hopefully, soon thereafter, I find a job. Anyone hiring? :)
Pesmerga,May 2 2005, 08:47 AM Wrote:On May 14th, I graduate with a Computer Science degree from Ursinus College (a small liberal arts college NW of Philly)  Hopefully, soon thereafter, I find a job.  Anyone hiring? :)
[right][snapback]75998[/snapback][/right]
You didn't mention me? Um, ditto ... on all parts.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Lady Vashj,May 2 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:Self or first-degree relatives only, please.  I don't want some overeager person to detail the life histories of the entire senior class.

[right][snapback]75996[/snapback][/right]

....too late. I got my Ph.D. in chemistry a month ago. It was a (public) defence of my thesis against the opponents (8 professors). It was very nice to do, the ceremony was great (especially for realtives and friends who never witnessed one.
Nice dinner afterwards and of course a party.

But for a job.....I think I better should have taken an evening course in business or something....nobody does research anymore...all companies just "buy inventions".

Quark,May 2 2005, 09:05 AM Wrote:You didn't mention me?  Um, ditto ... on all parts.
[right][snapback]76000[/snapback][/right]

Pffbt, figured you would have wanted to mention yourself.

Note: Quark is a better coder than me :)
My sister graduates from high school at the end of May.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
eppie,May 2 2005, 08:59 AM Wrote:....too late. I got my Ph.D. in chemistry a month ago. It was a (public) defence of my thesis against the opponents (8 professors). It was very nice to do, the ceremony was great (especially for realtives and friends who never witnessed one.
Nice dinner afterwards and of course a party.

But for a job.....I think I better should have taken an evening course in business or something....nobody does research anymore...all companies just "buy inventions".
[right][snapback]76008[/snapback][/right]

All job prospects aside, CONGRATULATIONS! That's great news, Doctor eppie! :D

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I'm graduating from Hollins University on May 22nd with a Bachelor of Arts in English with a concentration in Creative Writing.

This will also be the first time my grandparents meet not only my boyfriend (the DSF darling Kasreyn) but my sister's boyfriend as well.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Congratulations to all of the other graduates out there!

Personally, I'll be graduating on June 12th (we do things so late out here!) with a BS in Computer Science from Stanford University. There may be a minor in Math tacked on there, paperwork willing. Gogo gadget paperwork! Work your mathemagic!
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Will graduate early june from High school. Will be going to UIUC for chemical engineering next fall.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I'll be graduating from the University of Washington this June with degrees in Physics and Chemical Engineering. Whenever I get around to pushing through the paperwork (I was too busy to do it for this quarter) I'll pick up minors in Math and Chemistry, as well. :) I'm definitely looking forward to being done!
-TheDragoon
I will be graduation HS May 15th. You all are invited to the open house from 3-6PM Central time across the street from my place. :P

August will bring college in Burlington, Vermont with a dual major in Computer Networking and Information Security. :)
WWBBD?
Graduatings High School on the on June 20, later followed by a nice vacations of 3 years in the army starting at July 24th due to conscription :)

Go infantry go! Hoo-za!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Occhidiangela,May 2 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:All job prospects aside, CONGRATULATIONS!  That's great news, Doctor eppie!  :D

Occhi
[right][snapback]76027[/snapback][/right]

Thank you very much Occhi.

No the real plan is to go to the US for a postdoc for one year. (hopefully then I will understand all the americsan jokes on the lounge :D )
At the moment me and the wife are looking both for a nice research group...at the same university of course, and that is not very easy.
Minionman,May 2 2005, 05:23 PM Wrote:Will graduate early june from High school.  Will be going to UIUC for chemical engineering next fall.
[right][snapback]76093[/snapback][/right]
Chem E, eh? Best get your steam tables dusted off and ready. :lol:
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,May 3 2005, 07:19 PM Wrote:Chem E, eh?  Best get your steam tables dusted off and ready.  :lol:
[right][snapback]76236[/snapback][/right]

What good has Steam ever done anyone? All it did was make HL/CS a pain to play! :P

(as if it wasn't before) ;)
WWBBD?
Good thing I never have to take chamistry again. I took my required freshman chemistry courses and Thermogoshdarnics and that's all I need. I just need to know how to make buildings not fall down. :)
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club