Big maintenance for the terrible 20!
Ordinn made a post about the issues that the "terrible 20" realms have been experiencing. Edit: Annexx did as well. If one link isn't working, the other one will, but that's also why I quoted the post. You just never know when the WoW boards are going to flake out.

Quote: Last night, certain realms experienced a hardware failure that forced us to perform emergency maintenance. We were able to implement a temporary fix to the problem this morning that allowed players to log on to these realms and play. Unfortunately, players continued to experience performance issues throughout the day.

In order to apply a more permanent fix, the affected realms must be moved to new hardware. We have begun performing maintenance on 10 realms, and we will bring down another 10 realms later this evening. A list of affected realms is posted below. During this hardware upgrade, these realms will be unavailable to players. This extended downtime is necessary in order to fix the stability and performance issues that have hampered these realms in the past. Players with characters on these realms will receive a 5-day time extension for the downtime incurred during this maintenance. Also, we realize that some players may have been disconnected outside of a major city or inn. Therefore all characters on these realms will receive a full rest-state bonus.

The downtime is expected to last approximately 24 hours. We’ll do our best to provide you with constant updates throughout the maintenance period. We thank you again for your patience during this time.

Realms currently down:
Lightbringer
Kilrogg
Frostwolf
Blackrock
Doomhammer
Kel'Thuzad
Dethecus
Uther
Kil'Jaeden
Deathwing

Realms scheduled for maintenance:
Cenarius
Destromath
Gorgonnash
Hyjal
Icecrown
Proudmoore
Ner'zhul
Silver Hand
Spinebreaker
Tichondrius

I'm awfully glad to see that they are giving the characters full rest bonuses too in addition to the 5 days of free time. Some may complain that the 5 days isn't enough, but oh well. I'm not complaining.
Intolerant monkey.
5 days sounds about right to me. I only had 4 days of playing ruined by the instability, but I didn't attempt to play on monday. Sunday I logged in and I was in Stonard, and I flew to Grom'gol and was taking the zepplin to Undercity when the server bit it. Tuesday when I logged in I found myself standing in midair above the Lordamere Internment Camp in Alterac. I died suddenly without taking any damage. I was never able to locate my corpse, but I suspect it was high in the air above where the gravestone marker indicated. I tried to get the attention of the GMs for a couple hours, but eventually I was forced to eat the res sickness and durability hit. Yesterday when I logged in everything was fine. I flew to gadgetzan and when I got there no NPC's greeted me, because apparently none were appearing anywhere in the world. We got a 15 minute countdown, but they decided to pull the plug with 14 minutes left. Today I just had multi-hour queues.

My question is, are they granting everyone 30 bubbles of rest state bonus, or are all characters accruing normal rest state during the downtime as though they were at an inn or major city regardless of where they were? 30 bubbles would be nice, I could get to 57 very quickly.
I just tried to play on Tichondrius. The wait queue was 40 minutes long and when I got in, it was just unplayable. No biggie. It gave me some time to do some writing and also let me play a little of Grizabella on Stormrage.
Boutros,Mar 11 2005, 12:18 AM Wrote:My question is, are they granting everyone 30 bubbles of rest state bonus, or are all characters accruing normal rest state during the downtime as though they were at an inn or major city regardless of where they were? 30 bubbles would be nice, I could get to 57 very quickly.
[right][snapback]70301[/snapback][/right]
They said "full rest-state" so I'm assuming (yeah, I know) that means the full 30 bubbles.

/shrug
Intolerant monkey.
This is very upsetting for me :( I've got spring break and all I want to do is play play play on Deathwing.

Is Tich generally unstable too? All of my friends from school are discussing migrating to a new server and starting a new guild together. I suggested Tich because of the large LL and AB presence over there, but if it craps out all the time we may need to find something new.
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
Savingsupertokyo,Mar 11 2005, 01:12 PM Wrote:This is very upsetting for me :(  I've got spring break and all I want to do is play play play on Deathwing. 

Is Tich generally unstable too?  All of my friends from school are discussing migrating to a new server and starting a new guild together.  I suggested Tich because of the large LL and AB presence over there, but if it craps out all the time we may need to find something new.
[right][snapback]70415[/snapback][/right]

The last week has been very bad, but from when the queues more or less stopped back in January until fairly recently I've been impressed with the stability and general lack of queues.
Savingsupertokyo,Mar 11 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:This is very upsetting for me :(  I've got spring break and all I want to do is play play play on Deathwing. 

Is Tich generally unstable too?  All of my friends from school are discussing migrating to a new server and starting a new guild together.  I suggested Tich because of the large LL and AB presence over there, but if it craps out all the time we may need to find something new.
[right][snapback]70415[/snapback][/right]

Finals next week. I wanted to log in for a little Friday Night fun before hitting the books for a few days. And I don't have any alts that didn't already have full rest.

I am much sad.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek