Support Outage?
Support outage for select realms on Wednesday evening.

Quote:GM support will be unavailable on the realms listed below from approximately 4:00 PM PST to 8:00 PM PST on Wednesday, March 9, 2005. Players will still be able to log into these realms and play, but they will not be able to petition a GM for support during this time. In addition, these players may also have trouble logging into the forums. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Alleria
Argent Dawn
Arthas
Azgalor
Blackhand
Bleeding Hollow
Bloodhoof
Durotan
Elune
Garona
Hellscream
Illidan
Lothar
Magtheridon
Mannoroth
Medivh
Sargeras
Shattered Hand
Skullcrusher
Stormrage
Stormreaver
Warsong
Whisperwind
Zul'jin

Does this mean more training for those GMs? An update to the ticketing system that may be causing some server instability? Something else? I'm just intrigued by this, but I know I'll probably never get an answer about the why.

Edit: Bah. Stability != instability. Fixed. Sheesh.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 9 2005, 10:34 AM Wrote:Support outage for select realms on Wednesday evening.
Does this mean more training for those GMs?  An update to the ticketing system that may be causing some server instability?  Something else?  I'm just intrigued by this, but I know I'll probably never get an answer about the why.

Edit: Bah.  Stability != instability.  Fixed.  Sheesh.
[right][snapback]70122[/snapback][/right]

If they were doing training, it would make a bit more sense to have several sessions and do half or a third of the GMs at a time. Or to have the training on off-hours. Not that personnel policies have to make sense.

I think they have a company party scheduled. That's my company's usual excuse for support shutting down for a few hours. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Treesh,Mar 9 2005, 11:34 AM Wrote:In addition, these players may also have trouble logging into the forums.
[right][snapback]70122[/snapback][/right]
Sounds like a technical issue.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Mar 9 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:Sounds like a technical issue.
[right][snapback]70130[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, but even when servers are behaving properly, there are still issues with logging into the WoW forums. ;)

I'd just like to know the why behind it. Most of the times I don't really care about the why because ultimately, even knowing the why doesn't change anything, but this time I'm curious about the why and a more specific why than just "technical issues". I also know that Blizzard only gives whys in extreme and rare circumstances.
Intolerant monkey.
The GMs couldn't take it anymore. They decided this was better than listening to all the whining.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.