Test Realms Going Live!
Check out:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

Read the patch notes here:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/...h-05-03-04.html

And, yes, this is a placeholder message, so Treesh can't scoop me while I make a news note.
MongoJerry,Mar 7 2005, 04:02 PM Wrote:And, yes, this is a placeholder message, so Treesh can't scoop me while I make a news note.
[right][snapback]69949[/snapback][/right]
I've been scooped! :o ;)

Glad to see the official announcement about the test realms (iirc, there was a minor post in some long thread where one of the CMs said there'd be a test realm coming up), but this is where my altitis is a drawback - only those with level 55-60 characters will initially be allowed on them. What a bummer. Ah well. I've enjoyed all my malts so I'll just zip it and not whine too much. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
MongoJerry,Mar 7 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:And, yes, this is a placeholder message, so Treesh can't scoop me while I make a news note.

LOL - I know your pain Mongo. I've been scooped many a time by Ms. Treesh and her meddling kids. ;)
MongoJerry,Mar 7 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:Check out:

And, yes, this is a placeholder message, so Treesh can't scoop me while I make a news note.

The notes indicate some seriously excellent changes to the Druid. Cat form DD finisher and DPS upgrades, new spells, and a change to the Swiftshifting talent that favors the fluid form-of-the-moment style I think druids were born for.

I want the patch really, really soon. No test server for me, 2 bubbles short of 55. :(
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Tal,Mar 7 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:LOL - I know your pain Mongo. I've been scooped many a time by Ms. Treesh and her meddling kids. ;)
[right][snapback]69958[/snapback][/right]
You're hallucinating again! No kids are involved. It was just me and my monkeys news reporting for you. ;)

Edit: Aaannnnd, you're too obsessed with Scooby Doo. :P
Intolerant monkey.
And you know what's driving me crazy? My priestess is level 60 and therefore was eligible to be selected for the test realm, but I had forgotten to update my e-mail address on my account when I changed it. So, I could have been selected for the test realm but not have gotten the message! Argh!
MongoJerry,Mar 7 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:Check out:

Quote:Added /golfclap.
Finally!!! :D
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Fixed a bug where creatures were keeping their innate resistances after being tamed. This was unintentional and the fix will affect all existing pets.

I wonder if this will effect snarler. Alot of people may get rid of him now if he doesn't keep his resists.
Bummer, checked my email twice after I read this, Ramala didn't make it.

I'll see if any of my friends made it. How about other high lurkers? Would be nice to have some first-hand reporting.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
At least based off of these patch notes, this patch sounds fairly exciting. They're fixing Zul'Farrak, lockpicking, Elemental Leatherworking, itemizing Silithus, fixing the Postmaster's Treads/Shadowcraft Boots, lots of things my rogue would be interested in. The only thing that rather bothers me is this:
Quote:Fixed bug where Seal Fate and Blood Frenzy were giving two combo points instead of one.
It seems odd to me that they're fixing the bug that gives rogues too many combo points but not the one that gives them too few. Currently rogue openers sometimes just don't give any combo points for no obvious reason (unless this is mentioned and I just didn't see it).

Arnath
Arnath,Mar 7 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:At least based off of these patch notes, this patch sounds fairly exciting. They're fixing Zul'Farrak, lockpicking, Elemental Leatherworking, itemizing Silithus, fixing the Postmaster's Treads/Shadowcraft Boots, lots of things my rogue would be interested in. The only thing that rather bothers me is this:

It seems odd to me that they're fixing the bug that gives rogues too many combo points but not the one that gives them too few. Currently rogue openers sometimes just don't give any combo points for no obvious reason (unless this is mentioned and I just didn't see it).

Arnath
[right][snapback]69980[/snapback][/right]

I agree that it sucks they're fixing one bug without fixing the other (apparantly). However, with my last few levels I've been raising Seal Fate and I can tell you that the bug that gives you more combo points shows up much, much, much more often than the bug that doesn't.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Reincarnation - No longer causes resurrection sickness.
*Gasp* My one beef with the shaman fixed :w00t:
Bun-Bun,Mar 7 2005, 06: Wrote:The notes indicate some seriously excellent changes to the Druid. Cat form DD finisher and DPS upgrades, new spells, and a change to the Swiftshifting talent that favors the fluid form-of-the-moment style I think druids were born for.

I want the patch really, really soon. No test server for me, 2 bubbles short of 55. :(
[right][snapback]69959[/snapback][/right]

Wow. The catform finisher sounds like Eviscerate mixed with Execute; both are absurdly powerful skills, so I'm hoping that Blizzard's done enough testing so that we don't have cats critting for 2500+ whenever they want to.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Mar 7 2005, 06:28 PM Wrote:Wow.  The catform finisher sounds like Eviscerate mixed with Execute; both are absurdly powerful skills, so I'm hoping that Blizzard's done enough testing so that we don't have cats critting for 2500+ whenever they want to.
[right][snapback]69994[/snapback][/right]

Unless Ferocious Bite has better energy to damage conversion than other skills it won't really benefit a druid to wait extra ticks to build up energy for a big finisher instead of using it as soon as possible and using the energy built up after on other skills that also have the bonus of adding combo points.
Artega,Mar 7 2005, 07:28 PM Wrote:I'm hoping that Blizzard's done enough testing so that we don't have cats critting for 2500+ whenever they want to.
[right][snapback]69994[/snapback][/right]
This will be on a test realm remember? A test realm for... um... testing... And criticals are hardly something someone can do "whenever they want to".

Considering the current DPS of cats they will need their base damage vastly improved to bring them anywhere close to rogues, and I doubt Blizzard plans to raise it anywhere close to that much. Worry about the rogue's sustained high DPS before you start worrying about an occasional high critical. :P
Sir_Die_alot,Mar 7 2005, 11:49 PM Wrote:This will be on a test realm remember? A test realm for... um... testing... And criticals are hardly something someone can do "whenever they want to".

Considering the current DPS of cats they will need their base damage vastly improved to bring them anywhere close to rogues, and I doubt Blizzard plans to raise it anywhere close to that much. Worry about the rogue's sustained high DPS before you start worrying about an occasional high critical. :P
[right][snapback]69999[/snapback][/right]

I've got 21% crit unbuffed, and it's basically critting every other hit on cloth and leather targets :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I noticed that despite fixing several pet issues, nowhere did they mention the one that is probably the most frustrating (and talent destroying): the pet speed bug.

Hopefully, and most likely considering how often it's complained about, it's just an omission in the patch notes (Blizzard giving out incomplete patch details? :whistling: never! :lol: ) and not a lapse in the developers.

MongoJerry,Mar 7 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:And you know what's driving me crazy?  My priestess is level 60 and therefore was eligible to be selected for the test realm, but I had forgotten to update my e-mail address on my account when I changed it.  So, I could have been selected for the test realm but not have gotten the message!  Argh!
[right][snapback]69964[/snapback][/right]
Good news! Caydiem says that they haven't sent out the invite emails yet. If you've now updated your email, you've still got a chance. Best of luck to you and all of the other lurkers with characters big enough.

Edit: Post number 13 in that thread throws something into the mix by claiming that one of his guildies claims to have already gotten an invite. So now I don't know what the deal is Mongo. Could just be someone being a jerk and trying to make himself sound more important than he is and didn't actually receive an invite. Wouldn't be the first time. ;) And with that said, I'd still believe Caydiem rather than "some guy" even with the misinformation that has been fed to Caydiem in the past.
Intolerant monkey.
Blizzard patchnotes Wrote:General
    * Previously, in many cases, a Block, Parry, or Dodge was translated into a "Miss," thus causing confusion over actual miss rates. We've made the following changes in an attempt to be more clear as to what is actually happening in combat:
          o Block: All creatures will now report a Block on attacks from the front, reducing damage caused instead of converting the attack into a "Miss." Creatures will no longer be able to Block attacks from behind.
          o Dodge: Every time a creature Dodges, it will report a Dodge. We will no longer translate a creature's Dodge of a rear attack to a "Miss."
          o Parry: All creatures will now report a Parry on attacks from the front instead of translating them into a "Miss." Creatures will no longer be able to Parry attacks from behind.
Now that's where the 10% miss rate came from, obviously.

Blizzard patchnotes Wrote:# The Drunk effect has been greatly enhanced.
Gotta love a game in which one can get drunk. And now they even improved on it!

Blizzard patchnotes Wrote:# Numbers and punctuation will not be passed through chat communication to members of the opposing faction.
I've read reports about harassing and complaining about fair kills in PvP. The l337 hax0rz apparently felt unjustly backstabbed and voiced their helpless outrage with this kind of code.

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!