what being game.exe-less is really about. really.
Hi everyone,

you'll never believe the stupidest thing I recently did:

While applying a mod/patch whatever I didn't backup my game.exe file. :blush:
I know. It's really, really dumb. :ph34r:
And know I find myself rather game.exe-less.
So, my question to you guys is: could anyone PLEASE be so kind to upload a copy of their working version 1.10 game.exe file to a place I can download it from, or inform me about a place where I can find this file? It'd be marvellous. The game isn't really running without it.

Cheers,

justanotherpersonwithoutispirationforaproperforumname

edit: UPDATE:

Hmm, I already found a hacked version of game.exe on the internet, so at least I can play again. And I probably don't need the CD anymore or something.
However, if someone can still supply me with an un-hacked version I'd really appreciate it, since I don't NEED the hack (I own the CD's) and I'd feel a little more comfortable with a 'normal' version of the game. For some unapparent reason.
Anyway, that's it for today, I'm off to my addiction.

Hallelujah.

ps. The Classic Mod RULES! :w00t: (for people with crappy internet like me)
Justanothern00b,Mar 4 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:Hi everyone,

I know. It's really, really dumb.  :ph34r:
So, my question to you guys is: could anyone PLEASE be so kind to upload a copy of their working version 1.10 game.exe file to a place I can download it from, or inform me about a place where I can find this file? It'd be marvellous. The game isn't really running without it.

Cheers,

[right][snapback]69755[/snapback][/right]

Reinstalling would fix that. :)
True, if it weren't for the fact that my DII original disks were at my mom's house, where I won't get to in the next few weeks... and I couldn't figure out how to do it JUST from the LOD-disk, because, well, you can't (I suspect). I tried to figure out how to do this in another way, but this really seems like the only way to fix it for me :o
Anyway, if someone feels motivated to email me the file, I would be more than happy to pm you my emailadres.

Until that moment.... 'help?' :unsure:
Hmm. You have a workable hacked version, but want to get a working .exe from a lurker, despite being able to reinstall with your own cd's in a couple of weeks?

Pardon the skepticism, but something feels rather odd about that.

I wish you luck, but you may be barking up the wrong tree.

Cheers,

Munk
Justanothern00b,Mar 4 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:Hi everyone,

I know. It's really, really dumb.  :ph34r:

Cheers,

edit: UPDATE:

Hmm, I already found a hacked version of game.exe on the internet, so at least I can play again. And I probably don't need the CD anymore or something.
However, if someone can still supply me with an un-hacked version I'd really appreciate it, since I don't NEED the hack (I own the CD's) and I'd feel a little more comfortable with a 'normal' version of the game. For some unapparent reason.
Anyway, that's it for today, I'm off to my addiction.

Hallelujah.

ps. The Classic Mod RULES!  :w00t: (for people with crappy internet like me)
[right][snapback]69755[/snapback][/right]

Assuming you own a valid CD-Key set, you can search common P2P clients for an .ISO image of LoD and mount it with Alchole 120%, Nero Ultra, or any other ISO mounting devices. The legality of downloading the usable .exe off the net is still questionable even if you own a legit copy.

You can alternativly use the 3rd party program d2loader to play Diablo dirrectly off of your hard-drive without the CD needing to be in the drive, but you will need to copy some files off the CD-ROM before the program can work so I don't think this will help you right now.

Next time back up your files :D .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Justanothern00b,Mar 4 2005, 06:54 PM Wrote:True, if it weren't for the fact that my DII original disks were at my mom's house, where I won't get to in the next few weeks... and I couldn't figure out how to do it JUST from the LOD-disk, because, well, you can't (I suspect). I tried to figure out how to do this in another way, but this really seems like the only way to fix it for me  :o
Anyway, if someone feels motivated to email me the file, I would be more than happy to pm you my emailadres.

Until that moment.... 'help?'  :unsure:
[right][snapback]69758[/snapback][/right]

You can actually download game.exe from Blizzard's FTP site. The file is here:

ftp://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/pat...PC/game-lod.zip

I don't know whether it's changed between 1.07 and 1.10, but you should be able to reapply the 1.10 patch to fix it if it has.
You don't know what you're talking about.