Downtime , whats it all about ?
I can already feel the shakes starting , downtime is being extended to 8 hours this morning , usually around 4 hours every week , does anyone really know what this is all about . It used to make me shudder when this started to happen in the US , I though maybe by the Euro release things would have been sorted , after all , does this happen in any other MMORPG , I only ever played one before this DAoC , also played in many beta's , but this ? Will it ever end ? What is this supposed maintenance ? *shakes* more .
Take care
I'm too wondering why they take the German (and the other European) servers offline for 8 hours today. Okay, it's from 7:00 to 15:00 CET when (most) people are either working or studying, but 8 hours sounds indeed a bit steep for "maintenance". I hope this isn't going to happen every week now ...
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Mar 4 2005, 11:18 AM Wrote:I'm too wondering why they take the German (and the other European) servers offline for 8 hours today. Okay, it's from 7:00 to 15:00 CET when (most) people are either working or studying, but 8 hours sounds indeed a bit steep for "maintenance". I hope this isn't going to happen every week now ...
[right][snapback]69720[/snapback][/right]

Beautiful. So my character pays that much more to have a 24-hour auction up, only to have a third of that jerk-hacked.
Walkiry,Mar 4 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:Beautiful. So my character pays that much more to have a 24-hour auction up, only to have a third of that jerk-hacked.
[right][snapback]69721[/snapback][/right]
Are you sure that the auctions are "realtime", meaning that they will not run 24 hours + maintenance offtime?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Walkiry,Mar 4 2005, 05:47 AM Wrote:Beautiful. So my character pays that much more to have a 24-hour auction up, only to have a third of that jerk-hacked.
[right][snapback]69721[/snapback][/right]

Nope, I've put up auctions before maintainance for 24H, and seen them last much longer than 24H. The problem is that many times after maintainance, it seems people searching don't find your item, making it impossible to sell anyway.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Mar 4 2005, 03:11 PM Wrote:Nope, I've put up auctions before maintainance for 24H, and seen them last much longer than 24H.  The problem is that many times after maintainance, it seems people searching don't find your item, making it impossible to sell anyway.
[right][snapback]69731[/snapback][/right]

Ah interesting. Thanks for the info.

Guess I'm too used to City of Heroes, where timed stuff is always real time (so if you get a timed mission before mainteinance you're SOL).