A small request
I frequent other boards that use the invision code and many of them have a view new posts button at the top and bottom.

This would be extremely helpful, because after you scroll to the bottom of a thread and read all that there is to read then you can go on your merry way with all new things to read.

Thanks.
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
Savingsupertokyo,Feb 26 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:I frequent other boards that use the invision code and many of them have a view new posts button at the top and bottom. 

This would be extremely helpful, because after you scroll to the bottom of a thread and read all that there is to read then you can go on your merry way with all new things to read.

Thanks.
[right][snapback]69129[/snapback][/right]

Would you be referring to the button that sits between "My Controls" and "My Assistant" near the top of the screen? Or is there some other feature that is lacking?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Yes. The view new posts button at the top is what I am referring to. I am requesting a corresponding button at the bottom of a page, somewhere around the add reply buttons.
Savingsupertokyo,Feb 26 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:Yes.  The view new posts button at the top is what I am referring to.  I am requesting a corresponding button at the bottom of a page, somewhere around the add reply buttons.
[right][snapback]69144[/snapback][/right]

If you start from the "view new posts" screen, you can just hit the back button after every new post you read to be taken back there. If there are multiple pages, you may have to hit the back button more than once, but you shouldn't have to scroll.
Griselda,Feb 26 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:If you start from the "view new posts" screen, you can just hit the back button after every new post you read to be taken back there.  If there are multiple pages, you may have to hit the back button more than once, but you shouldn't have to scroll.
[right][snapback]69152[/snapback][/right]

That is how I have been doing it, but using the back button doesn't keep the VNP page updated. It still shows some topics as being unread that I have already read if I just go back to them. It's not a ZOMG DO THIS NOW request, just a convience request that I think a lot of people would find helpful.