--Pete
Get well soon, Pete. I wish you a speedy full recovery, and as pleasantly brief a hospital stay as can be managed. And best wishes to Magi, too, I know how stressful it is to have a loved one in such a situation.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Get well soon! :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Whatever it is, hope you get better soon. Sounds like this sickness is a real pain in the butt, whatever it is.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Let Pete know that without him to guard this place, it's going to all heck.

But seriously, get well soon bud. The Lounge without Pete seems impossible.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Wish pete a speedy recovery for me!
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
I am terribly sorry for the news! Please let me add my wellwishes to all the others.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I do hope Pete gets better soon.

If he is gone too long, I will be forced to post some kind of hearsay nonsense that flies in the face of current physics knowledge. That should bring him back.
*Casts a 'Heal Other'-spell*

- Well, like all the others, I hope he's on the up and up.
Maybe if someone gave him an antidote potion convalescence would speed up a bit?

Best wishes, and a cordial salute.

Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Best wishes to the two of you, Pete and Magi, and a speedy recovery as well!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Magi,

Best of everything for you and Pete. I hope he gets better soon. I don't know what we'd all do without him.

Jester
As soon as Pete gets better, we'll have a "Did prayer help Pete weather his hospital visit?" thread ready and waiting for him.

-Lemmy
Excellent, I am now free to begin phase ...
Err, ah haha.

Get better Pete.
I wrote a poem:

Pete Pete, he's the man
If he can't lick this no one can
Yeeeeeeeeeah PETE!
Add my wellwishes to the list. :) Hope you feel way better way soon, Pete!
Send Pete my best. This place simply wouldn't be the same without him.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Pete,Feb 25 2005, 01:52 AM Wrote:Hello Lurkers,

This is actually -Magi- posting for --Pete.

--Pete requested that I let you all know that he is very ill [right][snapback]68976[/snapback][/right]

i KNEW it!! i KNEW it!! Just a month ago or so, IIRC Pete said something about being nicer and NOT flaming the obnoxious first time posters... WTF??? that is NOT Pete. Pete taught us that such posters deserve no mercy mostly because we are damn well sick of them. I know this, because he and I "met" in 1997 having a flame war over this very issue. Be nice!, I said, they know not what they do; forget it, he said, stupidity is stupidity is stupidity and I [Pete] won't stand for it. We continued to disagree about this, but over the years I started to agree with him -- flame on, flame hard, don't let stupid crap even stand a minute, kick the bastards where it hurts, in the ego.

but NOW! ... NOW! ... I see what happened... I thought Pete was getting weak in his old age, that as his bones got brittle and his eyes clouded up, he lost most of the fight in him-- but you know what it really is??? The turkeys have got him down!! He has been battered and swarmed by idiots for so long that his bitterness has been cut and his wit has been Quayled. We CANNOT stand for this! We CANNOT let stupidity Win The Day! THE IDIOTS MUST NOT WIN!!

So... so... each of us ... EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US who can ... we must steel our resolve, roll up our sleeves, and start battering stupidity as hard as we can! Our epitome of anti-idiocy has tired, and now depends on us to finish the battle! DIE IDIOT SCUM, YOUR CONCLUSIONS ARE NOT RATIONAL AND ARE BASED ON FALLACIES! DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU CAN MAKE LOGICAL INFERENCES!!

ok, I'm a little rusty at it, i've been lurkin' a looong time

Go Pete! ... and then return.

-Van
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home
Quote:So... so... each of us ... EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US who can ... we must steel our resolve, roll up our sleeves, and start battering stupidity as hard as we can! Our epitome of anti-idiocy has tired, and now depends on us to finish the battle! DIE IDIOT SCUM, YOUR CONCLUSIONS ARE NOT RATIONAL AND ARE BASED ON FALLACIES! DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU CAN MAKE LOGICAL INFERENCES!!

You call that logic? Why don't you crawl back into whatever damn van you came from! :angry:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Hiya, Van. How are the Vanlets?
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Griselda,Feb 28 2005, 01:06 AM Wrote:What amazing oratory!  Why don't you stay here a while and entertain us all?  :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself, I know you can't.  Hiya, Van.  How are the Vanlets?

Theeeeeyyyyyy'rrrrrrrree GREAT! Tho they still are not sleeping the whole night, grrrr....

Good to see you, guess I oughta sendya some pix sometime... but I prolly won't feel I have time until my class is over in May. This Pete thing was important enough to summon me, tho.

erp, noises emanating from a child, must go...

-V

Get well soon, Pete. This place needs you.

Get well soon Pete - and all the best to you, as well, Magi. My prayers are with you both.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Unhappy news indeed. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to my old adversary. Pete! Do what you're told! ;)

Thinking of you.

[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!