Tale of Two Cities
I've seen two points of interest that I've been trying to reach, with no luck. I was curious if any of you guys have managed this. And if so, how?

The first is the farm on the mountainside above the wetlands, visible when flying between Ironforge and Menethil. The only way I can see would be some careful dropping from the airstrip, but it appears there is a passage leading into the mountain as well. No idea where it comes out.

The second is the Shatterspear Troll village seen when flying between Moonglade and Auberdine. I've seen reports of one player reaching it in ghost form by scaling the mountainside in Felwood, but he said he was unable to go the same way when alive.

C'mon, explorers! Any ideas?
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 24 2005, 11:10 AM Wrote:I've seen two points of interest that I've been trying to reach, with no luck.  I was curious if any of you guys have managed this.  And if so, how?

The first is the farm on the mountainside above the wetlands, visible when flying between Ironforge and Menethil.  The only way I can see would be some careful dropping from the airstrip, but it appears there is a passage leading into the mountain as well.  No idea where it comes out.
[right][snapback]68916[/snapback][/right]

I saw a post somewhere of someone getting to the farm. Apparently if you do some very careful mounain goat emulation in the section where you come out of a tunned and drop down to another tunnel on your way from Loch Modan to Wetlands you can get there. It's an area with nothing but a couple rams and a couple level ~25 orcs.

The person posted screenshots of the farm area and the passage is more of a doorway that on the other side has nothing but a very long drop.

apparently you have to skirt the mountains almost 180 degrees before you can get up there. The guy did it the first time he took the screenshots, then was unsuccessful returning the next several times.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
That's funny. I was about to link to the original post regarding the troll village off the main page. What the heck, I'm going to do that anyway.
I believe Levitate is the trick used to reach lots of places like this. I don't know if non-priests have similar tricks.

Supposedly some NPC's, like barmaids, will dance with you if you /dance with them. I wonder if these trolls hold some similar surpise. :)
Success! Well, on one of them at least. I managed to reach the Dwarven farms on the cliffs overlooking Menethil. I'll have screenshots up later tonight.
See you in Town,
-Z