can U give me a hand ?
can U give me a hand to improve my English&dutsh....both Oral english/dutsh and english/geman phrases...
Thanx!!
tell me some words that U use frequently in daily life..
thanX!!

my yahoo messager:diablo_john11...

thanX U!!

*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
ICanChangTheWorLd,Feb 19 2005, 09:40 PM Wrote:can U give me a hand to improve my English&dutsh....both Oral english/dutsh and english/geman phrases...
Thanx!!
thanX!!

thanX U!!
[right][snapback]68500[/snapback][/right]

Topic moved. This has nothing to do with Diablo. ICanChangTheWorld, I appreciate the fact that you are trying to learn English to improve your communication. But, I'm not sure that this thread will help you with that. Please also look at my reply to your other thread.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Go away.

If you dont have sense to type out the few words you do know, you ought to find some other place to bother people.
Ghostiger,Feb 20 2005, 01:44 PM Wrote:Go away

Echo'd tenfold.

Cheers,

Munk
For what it's worth, this guy's IP does resolve to China, and it's quite possible that he's never been anywhere online where he's expected to type in complete sentences.

Keep that in mind, please.

-Griselda
What kind and how much of English do you know already?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
ICanChangTheWorLd,Feb 20 2005, 04:40 AM Wrote:can U give me a hand to improve my English&dutsh....both Oral english/dutsh and english/geman phrases...
Thanx!!
thanX!!

thanX U!!
I'd strongly suggest you type out words completely, as someone else mentioned.
Not just because it's annoying to read intentionally misspelled sentences, but because such intentional misspelling easily corrupts your writing in general: If you do not seek to write correct english in everyday use, you cannot expect to improve your english skills.

Additionally, as obvious as it may seem, I encourage you to make use of dictionaries. The benefit is pretty selfexplanatory, but most people I know only use dictionaries for exams or when they write official letters. However, there is much learning value to gain from repeated use of dictionaries, preferably whenever you feel the slightest uncertain on spelling, as you improve your vocabulary and grammar. After all, the only way to improve is through practice, and the best way to 'practice' is to write a lot in english and look up new and more fitting words.
In fact, just writing this post I checked an online dictionary four times (the fourth time looking up the word thrice :rolleyes: ).
http://www.dictionary.com/ <--- handy link!

I'm afraid you'll find little help in improving your oral skills on an online forum. Find some friends to study with, and spend one day a week talking german/english only. It'll help you discover words and phrases you need to learn and give the needed practice.
You might use a forum for practice, but I would encourage you to get some professional help.

The 1000 most commonly used words in English
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

to Griselda~!

yes ,,I do know a lot about Diablo2,it is my favorite game.but I aslo do have lots of problems on my poor english.but I do need to improve my english to ...in order to communicate with the people here and people in some other countries..
so please do me a favor??thank you!
give me some information and advise ,or give me some information about making-friends forums.thanks!
for Griselda's information on 5th floor.
ya...I use to played D2 in China only ..and I used to used the private servers in china,,and all of this are all free of charge. :(
to Minionman~!
Minionman,Feb 20 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:What kind and how much of English do you know already?
[right][snapback]68532[/snapback][/right]

kind??how many kind does english have? I donot know..for your 2nd question:I know about more or less than 3000words right now.that my reply ,sir? but please give some advise on how to improvre my english or Geman..thanks!
to pazuzu ~!

I think you are right ,,i just get used to use uncomplete sentences when I join a chatroom called Yahoo
ICanChangTheWorLd,Feb 20 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:to Minionman~!
kind??how many kind does english have? I donot know..for your 2nd question:I know about more or less than 3000words right now.that my reply ,sir? but please give some advise on how to improvre my english or Geman..thanks!
[right][snapback]68545[/snapback][/right]

I'm using "kind" to mean "how much"and "what kinds of words". I wanted to ask if you know greetings, descriptions, or other types. It's a usage of the word that probably isn't in the dictionary.

If you haven't seen contractions, I'm guessing you have, It's=it is, isn't =is not. Contractions use ' in place of some letters. Don't and can't are other ones that mean do not and can not.

I think "that my reply ,sir?" is either supposed to mean that you are not sure if you replied correctly, or that you want a reply from me.

I can mostly help with how you put words together in sentences and word uses different from the dictionary that are still common.

I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
ICanChangTheWorLd,Feb 20 2005, 08:46 PM Wrote:to pazuzu ~!

I think you are right ,,i just get used to use uncomplete sentences when I join a chatroom called Yahoo
[right][snapback]68546[/snapback][/right]

Quick tips to make your english more legible:

- There is always a space after and not before commas (,), periods (.), exclamation marks (!), and question marks (?)

- ,, is improper. There is no situation that more than one comma would be necessary.

- .. is improper. Use one period. The exception is if you want to imply an extended pause in speech. However, that would be three periods, not two.

- Periods and commas are not interchangeable. Commas seperate elements and ideas within a sentence and indicate short delays in the reading. Periods seperate sentences and indicate longer delays.

- Multiple question marks and exclamation points are considered very rude. Do not use them.

- "uncomplete" is a word, but a very clunky one. "Incomplete" would be a better choice. Note: the prefixes "in-" and "un-" are usually not interchangeable. They mean the same thing, but are derived from different root languages.

I second kandrathe's sentiment. If you're serious about learning a language, especially one as difficult as english, I suggest you get help from a teacher of some kind.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
I find this presentation as a whole to be rather implausible.
Ghostiger,Feb 21 2005, 04:06 PM Wrote:I find this presentation as a whole to be rather implausible.
[right][snapback]68592[/snapback][/right]
Perhaps so, but if it's a troll, it's a really good one. The IP address that we admins can see is indeed resolving to China. I realize that can be faked, but you have to be willing to give the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
ICanChangTheWorLd,Feb 19 2005, 09:40 PM Wrote:can U give me a hand to improve my English&dutsh....both Oral english/dutsh and english/geman phrases...
Thanx!!
thanX!!

thanX U!!

Watch as much American TV as possible, in English naturally. Sure, your IQ might get halved, but your English will improve a lot after several months, trust me.

-A
Bolty,Feb 21 2005, 06:00 PM Wrote:I realize that can be faked, but you have to be willing to give the benefit of the doubt sometimes.[right][snapback]68603[/snapback][/right]

As some one who has agreed with the Ghost's and Minionman's sentiments, I'd like to clarify my personal stance a bit. The lurkerlounge is very open and a great community, one I enjoy being a part of very much. I put great trust in you (and all the admins) to do this job fairly, and that is a very high standard that everyone one of you has always met. I thank you for that.

I apologize for the open posts against ICanChangTheWorld, I do not want to condone/start/be a part of an open witch hunt against newcomers. In this situation I felt there were far too many 'hot buttons' we've seen pushed by trolls in the past (as well as other nuances not worth mentioning), and perhaps was hasty to post.

I'll still remain a skeptic, but I'll be a quiet skeptic. And if in time things improve and I was wrong, then please accept my apologies and a belated welcome. :)

Cheers,

Munk
thank you for Ur information ,,,but my TV can not pick up any U.S channels or signals from USA.,,,so I need to find a forum or some chatroom instead...
Rinnhart,Feb 21 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:Quick tips to make your english more legible:
- There is always a space after and not before commas (,), periods (.), exclamation marks (!), and question marks (?)

- ,, is improper. There is no situation that more than one comma would be necessary.

- .. is improper. Use one period. The exception is if you want to imply an extended pause in speech. However, that would be three periods, not two.

- Periods and commas are not interchangeable. Commas seperate elements and ideas within a sentence and indicate short delays in the reading. Periods seperate sentences and indicate longer delays.

- Multiple question marks and exclamation points are considered very rude. Do not use them.

- "uncomplete" is a word, but a very clunky one. "Incomplete" would be a better choice. Note: the prefixes "in-" and "un-" are usually not interchangeable. They mean the same thing, but are derived from different root languages.

I second kandrathe's sentiment. If you're serious about learning a language, especially one as difficult as english, I suggest you get help from a teacher of some kind.
[right][snapback]68580[/snapback][/right]

thanks for all your information, they are so useful for me...thanks in advance. I'll pay more attention on it from now on. thanks