FOrb. To synergy or not to.
To the Orb sorcs out there.

I have a sorc that had maxed orb and cold mastery that does about 325 dmg but I never synerged it with ice bolt due to the only 2% gain. I can go thru normal and Nm with no problem the way it is now but slow way down in hell, but I gess thats the point of hell monsters. Even thou my sorc is 87 atm I think it is a bit late to start doing ice bolt now but I am thinking of making a new one. I gess my point is, is it worth it to spend the 20 points in ice bolt? If you were to make a new orb sorc would you ice bolt your orb or not? This will be a realm sorc also. thx in advance

Sirbub
"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mustake"
Sirbub,Feb 18 2005, 03:58 PM Wrote:To the Orb sorcs out there.

I have a sorc that had maxed orb and cold mastery that does about 325 dmg but I never synerged it with ice bolt due to the only 2% gain.  I can go thru normal and Nm with no problem the way it is now but slow way down in hell, but I gess thats the point of hell monsters.  Even thou my sorc is 87 atm I think it is a bit late to start doing ice bolt now but I am thinking of making a new one.  I gess my point is, is it worth it to spend the 20 points in ice bolt?  If you were to make a new orb sorc would you ice bolt your orb or not?  This will be a realm sorc also.  thx in advance

Sirbub
[right][snapback]68400[/snapback][/right]
Maxing your ice bolt is actually kind of useful if you like frozen orb a lot and find yourself using it on anything that moves. 20 points gives you 40% enhanced damage, not bad when you combine that with the - resistances. That means you actually multiply your cold mastery and your enhanced damage (I really hope I'm right). I can see a pure frozen orb sorc now just for fun. 6 facet crystal, cold ormus w/facet. Lower resist wand on switch, infinity. I dont think anyone can be that cold immune.

My opinion, don't bother maxing it unless you really want to try it out. Frozen orb is a good enough skill without synergies. Just multi skill and get something else in there, like fireball. Or chain lightning, just make sure you get a fast weapon.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Feb 19 2005, 08:09 PM Wrote:Or chain lightning, just make sure you get a fast weapon.
[right][snapback]68492[/snapback][/right]

1.10 they apparently switched this. Lightning and chain lightning are fast cast.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Feb 20 2005, 11:25 AM Wrote:1.10 they apparently switched this. Lightning and chain lightning are fast cast.
[right][snapback]68523[/snapback][/right]
Hmm, very well could be. I checked on diablo2.ingame.de's speed calculator and it still registers as a weapon based attack. I dont have a single sorceress with lightning right now and I deleted Hero Editor off my computer, so I'd have to put forth more effort than I would like to test it out.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Feb 21 2005, 05:09 PM Wrote:Hmm, very well could be.  I checked on diablo2.ingame.de's speed calculator and it still registers as a weapon based attack.  I dont have a single sorceress with lightning right now and I deleted Hero Editor off my computer, so I'd have to put forth more effort than I would like to test it out.
[right][snapback]68610[/snapback][/right]

The skills definitely do use FCR now, not IAS. They're somewhat slower than other spells, though.
adeyke,Feb 21 2005, 11:39 PM Wrote:The skills definitely do use FCR now, not IAS.  They're somewhat slower than other spells, though.
[right][snapback]68620[/snapback][/right]
Interesting... Do they have the same breakpoints as with regular fcr? If someone knows, I won't have to test it out myself.
whathuh,Feb 23 2005, 08:05 AM Wrote:Interesting... Do they have the same breakpoints as with regular fcr?  If someone knows, I won't have to test it out myself.
[right][snapback]68809[/snapback][/right]

There's a cast speed calculator here. Zauberin = sorceress, Zauberin (Blitzschlag/Kettenblitz) = sorceress (lightning/chain lightning). It unfortunately only accepts multiples of 5 for the FCR, though.
The lightning/chain FCR breakpoint to the best of knowledge are:

Frames / FCR
19 0
18 7
17 15
16 23
15 37
14 52
13 78
12 117
BFD,Feb 25 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:The lightning/chain FCR breakpoint to the best of knowledge are:

Frames / FCR
19  0
18  7
17  15
16  23
15  37
14  52
13  78
12  117
[right][snapback]69091[/snapback][/right]
The calc adeyke suggested shows that 15 fpa is between 30 and 35. Also, there is a 11 frame between 190-195. That should be fun to try to get.
Weapon: 50
Helm: 25
Armor: 30
Shield: 35
Gloves: 20
Belt: 20
Boots: I don't think there are any!
Amulet: 20
Rings: 20
Comes out to 220 FCR. Now THATS a whole lot of casting.